By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What problems have you had with any console since the Sega Saturn to presen

PS1 stopped working after maybe 2-3 years of use (got a new one and it still works today)

PSP screen broke (my fault, not the system's) and I got a new one.

Around the Network

Well I've only ever owned a 360 but I'll also mention consoles that i've borrowed for long periods of time.

PS1--the disc lid wouldn't close so I flipped it upside to make it work

PS2--no problems

Xbox 360--It RROD'd once and I sent it into MS to get it fixed for free

PS3--no problems

Had a PS1, PS2, and PS3. Not a single problem.

Edit: PSP, again, no problems.

For me the only issues I have ever had are with my xbox 360's (note the apostrophe)

My first one I got for Christmas in 2006 and it RRoD on me in June 2008... got it back, after sending it in for repairs, about a week later and has worked fine ever since. And my second one, that I bought just because, a 'Slim' model has simply been tempremental on me since launch... such as it thinking it doesn't have WiFi built in and continually asking for me to plug in an adapter or the lights on the power button not working, leading me to call it the 'Stealth-box', and sometimes it refuses to turn on but that is sorted by unplugging it and pluggin it back in.

How convenient that you say Sega Saturn... frankly, the only console I have problems with... had to replace a whole laser and tweak my PCB, but it works...

Around the Network

ps2 bought a used one got Disc read error. I opended it up and adjusted it a few times but eventually it was no good.
PS2 slim no problems still works

Wii started making really loud noises whenever it was on, wouldn;t always read discs gave it to my sister since she plays much less and go a new one.

PS3, got a used 60gb one in 2007 lasted a year and a half would freeze and then the screen got weird so I sent it in they sent me a refurbished one
first refurbished one got YLOD after 6 months sent it in
the second refurbished on I got was really loud and died after 3 months so was still in warranty I sent that one in as well
the third refurbished one has been good I put in a bigger hard drive and have my saves backed up on the cloud.

psp my psp lost the thumb nub the X button started respond like it was constantly pressed and it sometimes had some power issues and some pixels were out turned that in got a 3000 and it had been fine although I think 2 pixels are out :(

I don't want to answer on the grounds that it may jinx me.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

GB.... the screen kind of fell off.... after 15 years of heavy duty. Got a PC and an android now...

SNES.... stopped working one day, I suspect the cleaning lady of foul play with the power plugs... (was a US one on EU current so it had to be plugged in a power converter, not directly). Got a PC and an android now...

PS1... Would only read games upside down in its later days (probably still works like that). Got a PC and an android now...

PS2... stopped working one day after a party.... friends did confess to plugging it directly... so I'm not entirely paranoid on these things!!! (was a US one on EU current so it had to be plugged in a power converter, not directly). Got a PS2light now.

360... No RROD... but freezing problems... damn thing even scratched my NHL 2010 disc :x...barely got to play it.
360... Kinda RROD... the rings appeared twice... but not afterwards... last month of warranty so sent it in... barely used the new unit though.

PC.... i had one HD momentarily fail on me (started working again and never failed since... weird)
PC.... my laptop just turned off, no lights... unplugged, waited a few minutes, replugged...resumed playing MW2 for 45 mins... turned off forever, no lights even on the power unit, battery doesn't work.... Should have gotten it repaird, it was a $2000 laptop (18m old)... just built a tower instead ^^. I hate laptops.

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

Each and every console since my 1991 Gameboy work still flawless. I have to say I had once controller problems with my gamecube though also my Sim City Cartridge doesnt hold gama data for longer then 2 weeks if i dont plug it in regulary that way i lost my mega city with over 500k inhabitants and Mario statue.

Also i bought a Ps 1 for cheap knowing it hat the heat problem and I had to turn it upside down to run games.

Seems like i am extremly lucky when it comes to consoles.

well other then RROD in my house and around me and coming up with ways to fix eveybodies 360 everytime they purchase one(new slim models not included/only one problem and it was shipped off and replaced) i must say i have had other problems. fixed all but 1.

currently my NES cuts on and off(no fix)

my slim PS2 (after being dropped 10x and was found under a chair after a trip to Monroe) would no longer read disk. (no fix)

Xbox disk tray stoped working, and after some time in its 5th yr it would only play one game. (no fix)