By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Why I like Live better than PSN

I prefer PSN because it is free. I do not do much online gaming to justify paying for it, not to mention I grew up on free online gaming so the thought of having to pay now is ridiculous.

I also like that PSN doesn't charge me extra on top of my Netflix subscription in order to use it.

I could care less about cross game chat or parties either. When I play online I simply boot up a game, go to the multiplayer menu, start a game, finish the game, and that is it. 

I play online because it gives me non-AI to compete with. I am not going on it to make friends. I have enough of those outside of PSN.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network
DjFlex53 said:

I have to pay....to send text messages & long distance phone calls on my cell phone, for the internet, for my WOW subscription, for premium cable TV channels, etc.

But God forbid that I have to pay for XBL..what a cruel world!

/sarcasm finished

I know right.. My contract phone I have to pay nearly 4x as much as monthly XBL subscription, my broadband is 3x the amount, my landline is 3x the amount as well.

At the end of the day, it would be nicer if it was free, but for what you get and for almost a negligent price(Cheaper than 1 new game a year) it's really not worth complaining or boycotting it due to the price.

Disconnect and self destruct, one bullet a time.

Mordred11 said:

Online gaming is supposed to be FREE!Plus,PSN is almost as good as LIVE.

Says who?  That's ridiculous.  

The whole "cost" thing is irrelevant to which is better.  It's not "Which is the better value?"  It's "Which is better?" 

Can't we all just get along and play our games in peace?

fastyxx said:
Mordred11 said:

The whole "cost" thing is irrelevant to which is better.  It's not "Which is the better value?"  It's "Which is better?" 

Online gaming on PC is the best,and that's a FACT.=>It's free.

Mordred11 said:
fastyxx said:
Mordred11 said:

Really??...I guess Blizzard owes me a BIG refund

Being in 2nd feels so much better than being in 3rd

Around the Network
Mordred11 said:
fastyxx said:
Mordred11 said:

Well obviously. With a network that big you'd be a fool to expect people to pay for gaming, MMORPG's being exceptions obviously as they don't have to track the whole of traffick on the web. People will just try to weasel their way out of having to pay the fees by creating strikingly similar servers etc and there will be almost no way to track that, it'll just end up giving you a headache, take Counter Strike Source for example, the admin hosts a server and asks people kindly for donation because he knows, that if he forces subscription upon them they'll just bugger off somewhere else with just as good pros. That shizz just doesn't work with Live, well I don't think it does anyway, if you want a free alternative and bugger off to PSN, most of your friends will still be sticking with Live, so it's a long circle.

WoW proves you wrong, and it's even more than Xbox Live and all you can play is Warcraft instead of the whole library of games! Although some could argue that Warcraft = whole library of consoles lul.

DjFlex53 said:
Mordred11 said:
fastyxx said:
Mordred11 said:

Yeah, they do, if they are charging you to play online. You must be dumb if you actually paid them to play, lets say, COD on the PC.

mantlepiecek said:
DjFlex53 said:
Mordred11 said:
fastyxx said:
Mordred11 said:

Yeah, they do, if they are charging you to play online. You must be dumb if you actually paid them to play, lets say, COD on the PC.

Admins have to pay for servers.. Gamer doesn't get charged because Admin asks for donations instead to maintain the server, because he is fully aware the players can go elsewhere to get the same service, unless it's a player hosted server, which is SHOCKING if you are from abroad.

mantlepiecek said:
DjFlex53 said:

It's like Steam doesn't exist.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

I like the part where the OP says that XBL makes him feel like he's never alone. It's like awwww, poor little baby can't stand being alone. Give me a break. It wasn't until THIS generation where our freakin' consoles were always jacked into some sort of connection. On the PS2, I played GOW,MGS,ZOE,RE,SOTC...and a ZILLION other games...wait for it..ALONE. And you know what? I had a blast.

Kids these days must have some sort of insecurity and/or fear of being alone. It's like, if they don't have their cell phone next to them or a laptop, they FREAK OUT. Can't be alone....can't be alone.....can't be ALONE!!! LOL

Maybe it's bad parenting..I don't know, but it's creepy as hell.