By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Why I like Live better than PSN

Other than the fact my PSN suddenly turns off for no reason and my Live doesn't (Probably a router problem), I like Live better here's why.

To begin, I have a lot more friends on Live, not many on PSN. This is because I think more microsoft games have multiplayer in them so I meet a lot more people. I like live better because the marketplace is connected to the main menue a lot nicer than PSN. Live is better because when you download a demo, it takes less time than PSN AND you don't have to install it! There is cross game chat and parties in Live while PSN doesn't have that. More arcade game trials and such (you get the point). It just feels like you're never alone using Xbox Live and it feels like PSN is empty...thats just me though.

I guess you'd say you get what you pay for. But in my case it doesn't mean anything to me because I get 13 months for Christmas every year.

Tell which one you prefer and why. I would make a poll but because this site has more PS fans so I know Live would lose like 4 to 1 so there's no point. discuss

Edit whoops I mean to put this in general gaming...o well this works too

Around the Network
toastboy44562 said:

Other than the fact my PSN suddenly turns off for no reason and my Live doesn't (Probably a router problem), I like Live better here's why.

To begin, I have a lot more friends on Live, not many on PSN. This is because I think more microsoft games have multiplayer in them so I meet a lot more people. I like live better because the marketplace is connected to the main menue a lot nicer than PSN. Live is better because when you download a demo, it takes less time than PSN AND you don't have to install it! There is cross game chat and parties in Live while PSN doesn't have that. More arcade game trials and such (you get the point). It just feels like you're never alone using Xbox Live and it feels like PSN is empty...thats just me though.

I guess you'd say you get what you pay for. But in my case it doesn't mean anything to me because I get 13 months for Christmas every year.

Tell which one you prefer and why. I would make a poll but because this site has more PS fans so I know Live would lose like 4 to 1 so there's no point. discuss

LOL Why are you explaining yourself? Are you feeling insecure?

Live has cost you $250 over the past 5 years. What has MS done with that money? Have they spent it on buying new studios? Buying new exclusives?

Nope.

I did think that PSN community as lifeless whenever I played COD4, out of 5-6 games I maybe met one or two people that made constant annoying fuzzing noise through the microphone and generally no one spoke, whereas on Live, every second person has a mic, so there is always an American to argue with or bicker with random people, although I think that's mainly due to the fact that every 360 had a microphone included whereas I don't think the PS3 had a bundle with a microphone in it.

I thought the connection speed(The speed at which the network finds a game) was relatively the same, in some cases Live being marginally better, but by a small non meaningful amount. It's the connection stability that got to me, on PSN the amount of times I got disconnected during sessions or even on MW2, when the connection was trying to find a new host and couldn't do so, therefore ending the game altogether. Although what I find annoying on Live is lack of BBC iPlayer, and 4oD(I couldn't care about ITV, the chav's wet dream television)

Imo paying for Live is a negligent argument as it works out at about 13p a day, playing about half an hour a day you can get more than your moneys worth, and I'd rather pay for a more stable service with considerably less amount of random disconnections.

ALSO: Parties - Oh my god, no matter how much PSN users say they don't give a damn about it, they cannot even begin to comprehend how awesome it is for the community. Cross Game Party Chat is just awesome, and I am genuinely surprised it hasn't been implemented into the PSN yet.

Disconnect and self destruct, one bullet a time.

9087 said:
toastboy44562 said:

LOL Why are you explaining yourself? Are you feeling insecure?

Live has cost you $250 over the past 5 years. What has MS done with that money? Have they spent it on buying new studios? Buying new exclusives?

Nope.

Door. Use it. 

Disconnect and self destruct, one bullet a time.

toastboy44562 said:

Other than the fact my PSN suddenly turns off for no reason and my Live doesn't

this happens to you to, ive been wondering about that since i got a ps3 for christmas

but anyway, i agree with most of the points and mainly about psn feeling very empty

End of 2012 prediction:

xbox 360 : 73-75 million  playstation 3 : 72-74 million  wii : 104-105 million 

Most hyped for :

Bioshock: infinte, The Last Of Us, Alan Wake's American Nightmare and Agent

Around the Network

Personally I find Live annoying to use where IMO PSN is much more fluid and simpler. I also hate the fact that you have to pay for Live which is utter bullshit. Sonys service may not be 100% as good as Live. However I would take it over Live any day of the week.

chazy13 said:
toastboy44562 said:

this happens to you to, ive been wondering about that since i got a ps3 for christmas

but anyway, i agree with most of the points and mainly about psn feeling very empty

yeah i keep getting DNS error. and it fucking sucks when i have to update because i have to retry it like 7 times. any fixes?

toastboy44562 said:
chazy13 said:
toastboy44562 said:

yeah i keep getting DNS error. and it fucking sucks when i have to update because i have to retry it like 7 times. any fixes?

i just have to turn the ps3 off and on again everytime but i cant stop it properly

ive never had that problem with the updates though

End of 2012 prediction:

xbox 360 : 73-75 million  playstation 3 : 72-74 million  wii : 104-105 million 

Most hyped for :

Bioshock: infinte, The Last Of Us, Alan Wake's American Nightmare and Agent

i prefer psn MAINLY bcoz its free :), and also the ps3 has more games suited to my liking..... but i have to say that xbl is better in some ways, its better at connecting ppl and it has got more features, i also have to agree with you about the downloads, it does kinda get on my nerves with psn when they take so long and then i have to install the demo before i play it..... im used to it so its not really a biggie tho

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

I prefer PSN cuz its free.

at the end of the day, I just want to play online against other human beings where the competition is better and less predictable like the CPU.

Having cross game chat or whatever is irrelevant to me.