By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Why I like Live better than PSN

toastboy44562 said:
huaxiong90 said:
toastboy44562 said:

Other than the fact my PSN suddenly turns off for no reason and my Live doesn't (Probably a router problem), I like Live better here's why.

To begin, I have a lot more friends on Live, not many on PSN. This is because I think more microsoft games have multiplayer in them so I meet a lot more people. I like live better because the marketplace is connected to the main menue a lot nicer than PSN. Live is better because when you download a demo, it takes less time than PSN AND you don't have to install it! There is cross game chat and parties in Live while PSN doesn't have that. More arcade game trials and such (you get the point). It just feels like you're never alone using Xbox Live and it feels like PSN is empty...thats just me though.

I prefer XBL over PSN for the same reasons as you, but I just wish it were free. However, I don't get logged out of PSN randomly, and I don't really feel PSN is as empty as people make it out to be.

empty as in nobody has mics because they dont give it to you free like xbox

I only talk with my friends on the mic, so it doesn't matter much to me. Otherwise, I usually mute people since they're very annoying.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

Around the Network
9087 said:

$50 every year.... over a 5-6 year console life span... = $250=$300

youre basically paying the price of another whole new console just to play on XBL!

Say it once more I don't think people read the last 2 times you did it either. We get it you think Xbox is too much for live. I personally see value in it, it lets me play against people from other countries with not slowing down too much which is good. 

My ps3 slows down, it might be just mine but i doubt it, in aus servers if a non aus comes in people will tend to shoot at them to get them out of the server (may just be a cod thing) and i am talking about people even on their team. 

Also in australia the price of xbox 250 is 449 rrp. 398 at most places and live costs about the same. (our dollar is better than the us dollar atm but the rest of our prices are stoooooopid. Online buying is getting higher from this country) 

None the less, its not just United States which sell the xbox, many other countries do and its more worth it obviously else where. Australia is one case :)

Bet with Conegamer and Doobie_wop 

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

PSN for me.

I have and used both and for DL speeds, i actually get better speeds on PSN, except on Tuesday nights when the update goes up. Then i don't even bother until the next day, i assume everyone on PSN is DLing all the new content at once for that.

Price, your right, you get what you pay for. And i pay nothing for PSN and get most of the features that Live has anyways. Party chat might be alright once and in awhile, but it was never a draw in for me.

User Interface/XMB - Again i rather PSN user interface, i find it's more smoother and easier to find content,the store is right there for me to click on as i soon i boot up. I can't stand scrolling through menus and IGN strategize windows on Live. (just a personal preference)

And why do i have to create a cheesy looking avatar on live?   Granted, Sony has Home and there avatar system but it's not forced on the user. If i wanted an Avatar, i'll click on Home and create one, Live forces you create and dress this lil guy up before i could create my Live account. 

I enjoy the intergrated Trophy system more so then Live's GS points. I like leveling up with the different types of Trophies and just feels more accomplished to me.

However i will say that Live's loading on the XMB kills PSN, PSN's intial loading of Trophy icons is pathetic!

PSN plus although is a paid service and although i haven't jumped the gun on it yet, it seems to worth the price tag considering the content you get back with it. That's just from on the surface reading up on it, maybe my opinion will change once i actually experience it.

I always have a steady connection and rarely get disconnected from either service, unless there's a storm here and everything goes down.

Tied in with the price agruement is the extra media app's question. Since PSN is free, app's just as Netflix, or Facebook intergration is a given with no price other then that's vendor's subscription. (Netflix) But on Xbox Live, i need a gold membership to access Netflix, Facebook, Last FM etc.    That to me is to quote an earlier poster "a ripoff"

PSN Internet Browser - I know i know, the quality of this thing is crap!  But it gets the job done. When the g/f is hogging the PC and i need to find some info or even come to this site, the browser on PS3 gets it done, while Live doesn't have one at all.

I can't think of anything else at the moment, but that pretty much sums it up for me. Like i said, i have and enjoy both, but for the personal fav of the 2, i have to go with PSN.

Damn toastboy, when there's nothing to post about Kinect or Microsoft or how games/things that are not on X360 suck you find something else to make a new thread, eventhough no one cares, and yet it has several posts. Impressive.

I prefer PSN because I mostly use online services for online gaming (well, and demoes from time to time) and PSN is free. Live is surely not expensive, not at all, but I don't play online very often, so I don't see a reason to pay for something that I don't use very often. And when it comes to pure online gaming Live and PSN are pretty equal: both are completely lag-free (well, depends on the game sometimes) and there are annoying kids on both platforms .

Furthermore, I have my friends on PSN, and since I bought my 360 in April this year I only played for around 10-12 hours on Live, so I don't have any friends there at all :/

2012 - Top 3 [so far]

#1                                       #2                                      #3

Around the Network
Wagram said:

Personally I find Live annoying to use where IMO PSN is much more fluid and simpler. I also hate the fact that you have to pay for Live which is utter bullshit. Sonys service may not be 100% as good as Live. However I would take it over Live any day of the week.

This.

Online gaming is supposed to be FREE!Plus,PSN is almost as good as LIVE.

9087 said:

I prefer PSN cuz its free.

at the end of the day, I just want to play online against other human beings where the competition is better and less predictable like the CPU.

Having cross game chat or whatever is irrelevant to me.

Simply put, I strongly agree.

9087 said:

$50 every year.... over a 5-6 year console life span... = $250=$300

youre basically paying the price of another whole new console just to play on XBL!

Yawn.

toastboy44562 said:
huaxiong90 said:
toastboy44562 said:

Other than the fact my PSN suddenly turns off for no reason and my Live doesn't (Probably a router problem), I like Live better here's why.

To begin, I have a lot more friends on Live, not many on PSN. This is because I think more microsoft games have multiplayer in them so I meet a lot more people. I like live better because the marketplace is connected to the main menue a lot nicer than PSN. Live is better because when you download a demo, it takes less time than PSN AND you don't have to install it! There is cross game chat and parties in Live while PSN doesn't have that. More arcade game trials and such (you get the point). It just feels like you're never alone using Xbox Live and it feels like PSN is empty...thats just me though.

I prefer XBL over PSN for the same reasons as you, but I just wish it were free. However, I don't get logged out of PSN randomly, and I don't really feel PSN is as empty as people make it out to be.

empty as in nobody has mics because they dont give it to you free like xbox

thanks to cross game chat, XBL became empty just like PSN.

I'm Back! - Proud owner of the best doomed handheld of all time!

Oh, I thought I am the only one with frequent DCs from PSN. Just what the hell is Sony's problem? 

However, I never disconnected during matches, just random dcs when I am playing single player. And the patching of games tend to be really slow at times. 

OT: Never tried Live but do not see any reason to pay for online as I am happy with PSN's offering.