By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Xbox 360 has surpassed SNES sales.

This is not a popularity contest, for example imo both 360 and PS3 got better games than Wii, guess which console that sold more...

Anyway, old consoles are not better than new consoles peroid. Sure snes had many great games, but the average quality on games has gone up a lot. Plus online gaming and other stuff besides games which you can do with consoles today. Xbox 360 > Snes just as Xbox 720 is gonna be better than 360 and so on and so forth.

Around the Network

double post.

Did you get this chart from vgchartz??? Because PS2 is still above DS...

On topic: It should outsell GBA by late 2012 if Microsoft supports it long enough

Yo Microsoft, I'm really happy for you and I'ma let you finish, BUT SNES WAS THE BEST CONSOLE OF ALL TIME, OF ALL TIME!!!!

Congrats 360. Before this generation began I doubt anoyone would give 360 much chance of reaching this level of sales. It was helped a lot by Sony tripping itself up. But Sony's supremacy was more than matched by Wii's so despite PS3's fall from the hallowed heights of PS2 having the #2 console in a generation reach 50 million is a great achievement.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Around the Network
pizzahut451 said:

Did you get this chart from vgchartz??? Because PS2 is still above DS...

On topic: It should outsell GBA by late 2012 if Microsoft supports it long enough

I HIGHLY doubt that will happen, if it does outsell it it'll be in 2013 if not even 2014 even.

360 will have to average 15M in 2011 and 2012, which I think is just impossible, in one year chyeah there is a chance but two.. Man they'll need to play their cards TOO right. 

Disconnect and self destruct, one bullet a time.

Congratulations MS and Xbox 360. It's a great achievement. Not just doubling sales of your first console, but also to have broken sony's dominion on 3rd party exclusives and take online gaming up another level.

it's the new year and i wanna boldly say that Xbox 360 will barely pass NES; Xbox 360 LTD will be 66 mil  :-p
i'll gladly bookmark this thread so that i can refer to it 2 years from now

although, my prediction is not to knock Xbox 360 sales surpassing the SNES as that is an achievement, so.. congratulations!

Juma009 said:

Yo Microsoft, I'm really happy for you and I'ma let you finish, BUT SNES WAS THE BEST CONSOLE OF ALL TIME, OF ALL TIME!!!!

post is win

Mr Puggsly said:
zgamer5 said:

it wont pass the gba.

Depends on how long MS supports it. Perhaps we'll have a $99 360 by then.

I think it's in MS best interest to keep supporting it. They make a killing on Live subscriptions.

it is in MS's interest but if they get a new console and people buy it and it won't be in so much interest

i atleast see them reaching 70m even if they release XBOX 720 in 2012