By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Xbox 360 has surpassed SNES sales.

Really guys, won't pass GBA? You were expecting the 360 to pass the GBA? This is a huge milestone for Microsoft.

It's just that simple.

Around the Network
Mr Puggsly said:
jarrod said:
KillerMan said:
jarrod said:

I actually agree with you Puggs, passing NES in 2011 and (if handled right) GBA eventually seems really doable for 360.  Microsoft's done a fantastic job this gen imo.

Though Sony completely screwing up PS3 launch also helped greatly. Still of course they also have done great job.

To be fair, if 360 hadn't existed, PS3 would be in an even worse position now.  PS3 really did ride 360's coattails and get a ton of ports upfront, and the sustained "HD platform" ensured software support kept coming in the face of Wiimageddon.  If 360 wasn't around, how much 3rd party support do you think PS3 would be seeing today?

There is truth to this. Had MS thrown in the towel after the original Xbox being a financial disaster, the HD market wouldn't be as successful.

People went with 360 because it was the affordable HD console. If the 360 was not around, the Wii market would be even bigger.

The Wii market would be even bigger, PS3 would be even more expensive at the present and will likely maintain it's high pricetag for a long period of time.. And we'll be stuck with the uber overpriced PS3 and some cheap-ass alternatives. Competition is good, the one that is pretty popular as well, that's pretty much the reason as to why Sony and MS went ahead with the price drop.

To be fair, the PS3 mess up = RROD mess up on MS behalf.

@OT, Great job imho, looking at those Japanese lacksture sales in particular lol, the EMEAA and Americas pretty much carried this console alone as this week alone, 360 will nearly outsell Japan LTD lol.

Disconnect and self destruct, one bullet a time.

Excelent 360 sales!!!Kudos for Microsoft for making the console so popular over the first Xbox.

Now,it's only a matter of time untill PS3 achieves this,though compared to the previous consoles,it won't be much of a feat for Sony.

Yay for gaming!!! It seems to be more popular than ever!! :D

Wish MS will be the winner of the next generation!!!!

Happy new year!!!

Around the Network

I don't mean to go off topic, but this gen games library are nowhere as good as the snes...glad i got that off my chest.

Nsanity said:

I don't mean to go off topic, but this gen games library are nowhere as good as the snes...glad i got that off my chest.

just your opinion and i accept it. I am 25 years old, and am having way more fun with video games than i did 10-15 years ago!!

http://www.etradinglife.com

" preferential, my friend! ! Christmas is coming, quick to our website shopping, our web site shopping there will be something different, unexpected things to you, let you have different sense, our website wholesale various fashion shoes, such as Nike, Jordan, prada, also includes the jeans, shirt, bags, hats and decoration. All these products are our free transport, prices are competitive, we can also accept paypal j, after the payment within short time, can ship.

competitive price

any size available

accept the paypal

SOCCER JERSEY 16US

jordan shoes $32

Christan Audigier bikini $23

Ed Hardy Bikini $23

Sunglass $15

COACH_Necklace $27

handbag $33

AF tank woman $17

Cheers for the useful input regarding the topic.

EDIT: Deleted spam quote. -d1

Disconnect and self destruct, one bullet a time.

MARCUSDJACKSON said:

well i won't say wht the current 3 won't pass but they will all make it in the top 5. dissagree if you may, but there is no debate here.

I agree, Microsoft said that they don't plan to make another system for a long time. I don't think Sony will release the PS4 for another 4-5 years. I think Nintendo will focus on the 3DS for awhile and won't release their next home console til 2012-2013.