By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Xbox 360 has surpassed SNES sales.

sad.man.loves.vgc said:

I never realised how badly Sega DC flopped until now.

It only had like a 2 year life span.

It was selling at par with Xbox and Gamecube with much less support.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network

Congrats to the 360, it's a good console and the online is top notch, though sucks that there's a monthly fee. I still feel SNES is the superior console in terms of its library, though 360 does have Gears 2 and Oblivion, whcih are two of my favorite games of all time.

BenVTrigger said:
LivingMetal said:
enrageorange said:
LivingMetal said:

And the SNES was such a better console.  Just was and still is.

Just an opinion from someone angry over nothing. No need to post this in this thread. No where did he state the 360 is a better console.

Wow.  If a common strong consensus bothers you that much over actual factual numbers maybe you're the one who's angry.  Just saying.

except that actual factual numbers reflect the 360 being a better system. Not to mention the common consensus is that the 360 is the better system, it sold more.

- more games

- better technology

- more game support for more genres

- online capabilites.

Since when has opinion = fact overtaken vgchartz?  The Snes was amazing but to say that its better than the 360 is just plain false, just like comparing any piece of old technology to modern ones.

Back on topic though: congrats 360! Cant wait to see the PS3 make the same achievement as well.  The really awesome thing about this generation is that all consoles are seeing healthy sales, with no real loser.

Err obviously the Xbox 360 has better technology, I don't think anyone is arguing that.. But in terms of better library, that's debatable. For my money, SNES EASILLY has the better library. Tough to be a lineup of Super Mario World, Donkey Kong Country 1,2, and 3, Mario RPG, Secret of Mana, Mario Allstars, Yoshi's Island, Star Fox, Chrono Trigger, Super Castlevania, Earthworm Jim, EVO, Kirby's Super Star, Final Fight, R-Type, Secret of Evermore, Punchout, F-Zero, Turtles in Time, Mario Kart, Earthbound, FFIII, Zelda Link to the Past, Metroid... the list goes on and on.

Yeah 360 sold more, but as mentioned before, that's in large part because games are more popular now than in the 80s/90s. Wii will easilly pass the Playstation, yet I'm sure many here would disagree that Wii is the better console.

Not saying the 360 is a bad console or anything. It certainly has the online going for it. But better library is purely subjective.

BenVTrigger said:

except that actual factual numbers reflect the 360 being a better system. Not to mention the common consensus is that the 360 is the better system, it sold more.

- more games

- better technology

- more game support for more genres

- online capabilites.

Since when has opinion = fact overtaken vgchartz?  The Snes was amazing but to say that its better than the 360 is just plain false, just like comparing any piece of old technology to modern ones.

Back on topic though: congrats 360! Cant wait to see the PS3 make the same achievement as well.  The really awesome thing about this generation is that all consoles are seeing healthy sales, with no real loser.

LOL you ask when does opinion = fact?, yet you say that  the 360 > SNES is fact.

Congrats MS! Well deserved. And that without good (Compare the other top 10) support in japan.

Around the Network

http://www.etradinglife.com

" preferential, my friend! ! Christmas is coming, quick to our website shopping, our web site shopping there will be something different, unexpected things to you, let you have different sense, our website wholesale various fashion shoes, such as Nike, Jordan, prada, also includes the jeans, shirt, bags, hats and decoration. All these products are our free transport, prices are competitive, we can also accept paypal j, after the payment within short time, can ship.

competitive price

any size available

accept the paypal

SOCCER JERSEY 16US

jordan shoes $32

Christan Audigier bikini $23

Ed Hardy Bikini $23

Sunglass $15

COACH_Necklace $27

handbag $33

AF tank woman $17

Considering how things were viewed back in 2001 when the Xbox was about to launch to now, its immensely impressive.  

Considering how things were viewed back in 2005 when the Xbox 360 was about to launch to now, it is EXTREMELY impressive (Dreamcast 2 anyone?).

At this time I'd like to repost something I posted in another thread that really fits this one:

Its something that people don't want to talk about at all any more, but remember all of the Dreamcast 2 talk?  Remember the RRoD stigma?  Or how about the snub for MGS4 and initial ones for Tekken, DMC and FFXIII.  The CONSTANT demeaning from Sony execs prior to and after the PS3 launch (even to this very day).

Or how about how analyst, Sony execs, many gaming and non-gaming journalist and innumerable legions of gamers all basically felt that it was a lame duck console at launch and was going to be blown out of the waters by the PS3.  Sony had sold over 100 million consoles for the last two generations, dominance in every region on earth.  The previous gen had seen simply the potential of the PS2 CRUSH the Dreamcast and force Sega out of the console race.  They were the 100 lb gorilla that declared that the next generation of gaming doesn't start until they arrive.

Yet ..... here were are ... 2010.  5 years after launching.  The Xbox 360, with no price cut for over 2 years, has its single best sales week ever.  And over 4 of those five years, to this 100 lb. gorilla, it has only given up 1.3 million of its one year lead.

Remember your HISTORY, fellow gamers.  The Xbox 360 has done the improbable and deserves recognition and acclaim.

mundus6 said:
killeryoshis said:
Kyuubi Ricky SSJ2 said:

It's too be expected really, gaming is more popular now then it was then. It was only a matter of time. Now all 360 needs to do is sell a game over 20 million. Modern Warfare 3 might be able to do it.

that's not true. other than population growth and expansion in other countries there was no growth.

Sorry had to say it

And you base this on what? I repeat what Kyuubi Ricky said,  gaming is more popular today... Casual gaming. Even my aunt plays the Wii. These people didn't touch video games 20 years ago which was the snes era.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5foJ-cwj4Mk
skip to 7:53 if you don't want to watch the whole thing

Also the orginal nes had aldults playing. 40% playing nes were Aldults
link is there--> http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1G1-9346780.html

If I think the video also tells that the nes had a higher household penatration than ps2 I think not sure  

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

chocoloco said:
LivingMetal said:
enrageorange said:
LivingMetal said:

And the SNES was such a better console.  Just was and still is.

Just an opinion from someone angry over nothing. No need to post this in this thread. No where did he state the 360 is a better console.

Wow.  If a common strong consensus bothers you that much over actual factual numbers maybe you're the one who's angry.  Just saying.

Come on metal we don't need any haters let the Microsoft fans on this site have fun. There used to be more, but it seems haters have drove most away. I miss the MS discussions they were always better than the Sony ones to me.

Thanks for the comment.  I didn't to come off as such a douche bag.  Just miss the SNES day so much.  

Great feat for the Xbox 360 !!!

Who's the best Pac, Nas, and Big. Just leave it to that.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Slaughterhouse Is The Sh*t  .... NOW ........ B_E_L_I_E_V_E