By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - New Super Mario Bros Wii passes 20m! Mario Kart Wii crosses 25 million!

dany612 said:
Beuli2 said:

NSMB --->44 millions = best selling games ever, since the Wii version is only a port.

That's debatable. (Sony and Microsoft fans mostly). I would count it as a port since it is the same game however the Wii version was just modified. It's like many ports the Wii gets. Some are dumbed down on the Wii but it is still counted among the total sales numbers of that title.

As I said, this makes it the best selling multiplatform game ever, even topping MW2 and BO.

Above: still the best game of the year.

Around the Network
Beuli2 said:
dany612 said:
Beuli2 said:

NSMB --->44 millions = best selling games ever, since the Wii version is only a port.

That's debatable. (Sony and Microsoft fans mostly). I would count it as a port since it is the same game however the Wii version was just modified. It's like many ports the Wii gets. Some are dumbed down on the Wii but it is still counted among the total sales numbers of that title.

As I said, this makes it the best selling multiplatform game ever, even topping MW2 and BO.

Shall I make a thread? I'm sure it would cause a flame war.

How the hell can NSMBWii be a port of the DS version when NSMBWIi are brand new levels.

Buying in 2015: Captain toad: treasure tracker,

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d

dany612 said:
Beuli2 said:
dany612 said:
Beuli2 said:

You should, as we will enjoy it nevertheless.

Buying in 2015: Captain toad: treasure tracker,

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d

Nintendogamer said:
dany612 said:
Beuli2 said:
dany612 said:
Beuli2 said:

You should, as we will enjoy it nevertheless.

How shall I name the thread LMAO?

Around the Network
Nintendogamer said:

How the hell can NSMBWii be a port of the DS version when NSMBWIi are brand new levels.

That's right. If New Super Mario Bros. Wii is a port of New Super Mario Bros., then Super Mario World is a port of Super Mario Land. Or is Super Mario Bros. 3 a remake of Super Mario Bros.? 

Why people thiks it's the same game? All the levels are new, new options...if so, every 2D Mario game should be a port/remake of Super Mario Bros...

Carpevi said:
Nintendogamer said:

That's right. If New Super Mario Bros. Wii is a port of New Super Mario Bros., then Super Mario World is a port of Super Mario Land. Or is Super Mario Bros. 3 a remake of Super Mario Bros.? 

Why people thiks it's the same game? All the levels are new, new options...if so, every 2D Mario game should be a port/remake of Super Mario Bros...

No they have different names. Super Mario Bros 1,2,3...then you have Super Mario World.....but New Super Mario Bros is shared between the DS and Wii...the only difference is that the Wii version has Wii on it. The also share the same graphics and I believe the Wii version was made on the same base NSMB was. The Wii version just has different levels and modes.

It's going to be interesting seeing which one of these sells the most in the end. I'm personally thinking it looks to be Mario Kart Wii.

MKWii is actually selling more than NSMB Wii in Others right now. It seems to me that they're going to sell roughly the same as each other there from now on out. In fact, Mario Kart Wii seems more prone to outsell NSMB Wii from today and out than vice versa.

They're both virtually dead in Japan, from here on and out it's a tie there.

Which means that NSMB Wii needs to catch up 5 million on MKWii in Americas alone. That's going to be seriously tough, and requires NSMB Wii to sell a fair bit over 20 million in Americas.

Wait a minute, this can't be, all these copies sold??? Nintendo is supposed to be Doomed, what's going on here????

Nintendogamer said:

NSMB Wii shouldn't even be a Wii game, a Game boy would fit it better. Only Nintendo can't forget it's past and move next gen.

Above: still the best game of the year.