By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 security completely cracked

Sony made huge mistakes in the design of the security measures?????

You're kidding right? It's only the console that has put up the longest and hardest fight to hackers ever. And it still doesn't allow for a widespread method of pirating. But you find faults in the security measures.

That comment deserves a very hard facepalm.

Around the Network
ClassicGamingWizzz said:

those facking basterds !!!

It's just a videogame system. No need to go all out on them ;p

Great, just great -______-

Time to buy a PS3 it seems ;)

I remember saying on this very site that removing Linux support would paint a huge target on the PS3. I was right, but people didn't listen.

Around the Network
shuraiya said:
Darc Requiem said:
shuraiya said:
Soleron said:

http://psgroove.com/content.php?581-Sony-s-PS3-Security-is-Epic-Fail-Videos-Within&s=31e490494dcf1623127e1c41cb25e614

New crack method works on current firmware, doesn't require dongle, and the private keys have been foundso anyone can have signed SELF files.

Watch the videos of how it was done. They are awesome - Sony made huge mistakes in the design of the security measures.

Seeing as it took this long to crack, I highly doubt Sony made huge mistakes in it's design.

It's more of a popularity thing. If the PS3 dominated like the PS2 did it would have been cracked long ago.

how does that explain the Xbox, Gamecube, 360, or PSP?

You should know by now logic has no place on this site

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

PearlJam said:

I remember saying on this very site that removing Linux support would paint a huge target on the PS3. I was right, but people didn't listen.

They would have done it either way, just like every other system. -_-

Watch the video, they specifically state that this is why more people started looking at it. This is not something you can argue with, it's just the way it is.

PearlJam said:

Watch the video, they specifically state that this is why more people started looking at it. This is not something you can argue with, it's just the way it is.

No. What I see is a bunch of nerds, who try and find an excuse why they needed 4 years to decode something., that is suposed to be "easy" as pie. They simply lie, and the constant jabs at Sony clearly shows, how anoyed and ashamed they are.

Its ego talk, and from  what I got from those presentation is this: there are still way off, untill anything productive can be done. They claim that its all in there, and easy as hell, yet they constantly appolagise that they have nothing to show...

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Awesome video... This is why we need nerds.

PS3 has become quite hackstation in the last few months. Emulators, homebrew galore. This should make it wide open for anyone to port pretty much anything.