By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super Meat Boy WiiWare canceled!

noname2200 said:

Not unexpected, really.  Stupid 42mb limits...

Yeah and it's not like it needs to increase too much, 100mb is the size of most games like Super Meat Boy... with SD cards you can handle that with ease.  

With the actual game, I could pick it up on XBLA if I wanted it, so no loss to me, but even when it was announced I didn't see anything special about it, so not having the Wii Ware option is not a big deal to me.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Around the Network

IDK, the Wii has enough good platformers

RolStoppable said:

I saw that coming. But how is this a loss?

Because... Wii owners wont be able to enjoy it? Well, we can still enjoy Super Tofu Boy.

Above: still the best game of the year.

RolStoppable said:
Beuli2 said:
RolStoppable said:

I saw that coming. But how is this a loss?

Because... Wii owners wont be able to enjoy it? Well, we can still enjoy Super Tofu Boy.

Do you want to imply that we actually need Super Meat Boy after we just got Donkey Kong Country Returns?

Stop putting words in other's mouth! Only I can do that. Meh, I don't care anyway since my Wii is disconected and I have Super Tofu Boy.

Above: still the best game of the year.

This isn't a big of a loss to me. I've never been interested in Super Meat Boy to begin with, and I still got Cave Story as my go-to downloadable platformer of win.

Around the Network

Anyone that says that this game is nothing special, either haven't played it or don't like hard games (this game is really really hard). A sad day for Wii owners, sad day indeed, best downloadable game for any console, so far.

palancas7 said:

Size limit's been there since the beginning. It's not like it changed all of a sudden.

Exactly. I'm not sure how this just became a problem so late in the game

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

well that sucks.....

noname2200 said:

Not unexpected, really.  Stupid 42mb limits...

The biggest N64 games were 62 mega bytes. Most were smaller. For a game like that, they should have no problem compressing the game or doing something to decrease the size. The fact that they couldn't meet that limit for a downloadable is telling of the game. Most likely the game was full of fluff (or they just suck).

From what I've read, this was kind of planned. Remember that this was a Wiiware exclussive at one point. However, over time they moved it slowly to the 360. For whatever reason, they planned on making it a 360 game. Truth is, they should have easily been able to shrink the game to meet that limit. The fact they didn't tells me that they didn't try.

Not sure why anyone would care. From what I've seen, this game look bad and the characters are garbage. This is actually a gain, not a loss.

Smashchu2 said:

Not sure why anyone would care. From what I've seen, this game look bad and the characters are garbage. This is actually a gain, not a loss.

From what I've played I'd have to disagree, I've had quite a bit of fun with the game on PC and although some levels suffer from focusing too much on memorization the rest are great fun.  Characters are pretty meh though there are some funny gags in the cutscenes.  But then I don't expect much from platformer characters (Psychonauts being an exception) and doubt many people play a Mario game for the thrilling story of how that dumb hoe got captured again.