Disagree 41 35.04%

WoW is for basement dwellers 22 18.80%

I like pie 8 6.84%

Less QQ, more pew pew 3 2.56%

TL;DR, too busy playing WoW 3 2.56%

Total:117
Killiana1a said:
Wagram said:

Game of the Decade in terms of money. Sure. In quality? I would require lots of swearing to tell you NO WAY IN HELL.

Just consider that for a second. Final Fantasy is a longer living series than Warcraft, has just as many if not more fanatics who would buy Cloud dolls made up of glued twigs, and  it failed to gain the traction WoW has gained and maintained for 6 years (2004-2010). No, make that utterly failed. It may be that Final Fantasy 11 was a crappy game, but the love and following the Final Fantasy series had coming into it was pretty amazing, which made Final Fantasy 11's failure equally amazing to behold.

Final Fantasy XI is anything but a failure. It is a game that has made more money for the series than any other and it still has plenty of subscribers today. I can respect that their are a lot of people out there who enjoy WoW but just because it has a lot of subscribers doesn't mean it is a "quality" game. It may be to many people, but to many others it is a joke MMO that is destroying the MMO genre. From personal experience with WoW I tend to be more with the later in that category. However I do respect others opinions which is why I personally do not bash it.

Around the Network

No no no no! Not WoW! I'm sure there are many other games that deserve this title. It may be my own bias and hatred towards the game, but the game isn't revolutionary, it's just successful. I mean hell, we're not naming Call of duty modern warfare 2 the greatest shooter of the decade just cause it sold a bazillion copies.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

I might just have to agree with that

Agree 100%. I've been into gaming my entire life. My parents bought me Coleco and Atari when I was 4 or 5 and I have never looked back. Of all the games I have ever played, on any platform, none has sucked me in like WoW has. I have been playing since launch, and am as addicted now as I was day one of release.

The thing that makes WoW so special is that I am only one of millions that feel this way and have the same story. Sure there are other games that people still play years after release, like Mario 3, FF 7, etc, but would any of you pay $15 per month just to be able to pull your copy out, dust it off, and play it? Do you play them for hours and hours every single day? I think not.

-WoW has unmatched game play depth that continues to grow

-WoW has an incredible story for those who actually care about such things, and not just obtaining more loot

-WoW has superb graphics considering when it was made. To this day if you run it on a high end system it looks beautiful at times

- It has as much depth for pvp as it does for pve. No other game in history can claim the same

- it's so good, and so successful that it has held the genre back as a whole because no one else besides Blizzard can make a game that matches it's quality

-it has easily made more revenue than any other game ever made x10. It's not even close. WoW revenue makes CoD, Mariokart, and Halo look medicore

-WoW has the best community of any game out there. It's the most social game I have ever played, and this is probably what keeps a lot of people coming back.

-the game receives unmatched support. Blizzard is notorious for punishing cheaters, and balancing game mechanics

Best game ever. Well deserving of all it's success.

Nah, Wii Sports > WoW.

I won't bother explaining since I guess you can probably see where I'm coming from (sold more, "revolution", etc.) and this is up to opinion really so I don't think I'm gonna change anyone's mind and I'm too stuck up to have mine changed either.

“These are my principles; if you don’t like them, I have others.” – Groucho Marx

Around the Network

Yes, nothing else even come close to the impact of WOW in the last decade globalwise.

Killiana1a said:
Wagram said:

Game of the Decade in terms of money. Sure. In quality? I would require lots of swearing to tell you NO WAY IN HELL.

I would say 6 to 6.5 million subscribers per month from China to Timbuktu speaks volumes of the World of Warcraft's quality.

Name any other game and I could tell you I could find it used in a bargain bin, while you could never find a copy of WoW in a used bargain bin.

Just want to point out that WoW will never be found used, as it's an online game. The only thing you really buy when buying a retail copy is the key that comes with it for unlocking content. Selling characters and accounts seems to be a well known thing though.

I still disagree.

Wagram said:
Killiana1a said:
Wagram said:

Just consider that for a second. Final Fantasy is a longer living series than Warcraft, has just as many if not more fanatics who would buy Cloud dolls made up of glued twigs, and  it failed to gain the traction WoW has gained and maintained for 6 years (2004-2010). No, make that utterly failed. It may be that Final Fantasy 11 was a crappy game, but the love and following the Final Fantasy series had coming into it was pretty amazing, which made Final Fantasy 11's failure equally amazing to behold.

Final Fantasy XI is anything but a failure. It is a game that has made more money for the series than any other and it still has plenty of subscribers today. I can respect that their are a lot of people out there who enjoy WoW but just because it has a lot of subscribers doesn't mean it is a "quality" game. It may be to many people, but to many others it is a joke MMO that is destroying the MMO genre. From personal experience with WoW I tend to be more with the later in that category. However I do respect others opinions which is why I personally do not bash it.

The problem is with MMORPGS like Warhammer and Conan, they touted themselves and hyped themselves as "WoW killers," well WoW is still around while their player base has dipped since their launch. My paragraph on Final Fantasy 11 was more or less tied with my sentimentality for WoW which I have for other series.

In hindsight, I was too unfair on Final Fantasy 11 and I apologize for it. Final Fantasy 11 never touted itself as a WoW killer. It was a humble entry into the MMORPG genre and is most likely a "quality" game, but I can't say so as I have not played it myself.

'Competitors from Final Fantasy 11, Warhammer, Conan, and others have failed to gain and keep the traction that the World of Warcraft has maintained and increased since it's launch'

Eve Online , despite having a fraction of WoW' userbase, has risen its number of regular suscribers  steadily since launch (I don't have the number now though).

I don't like WoW, for several reason (Light PvP, community, level grinding easy, class-based character, multiple servers...), I do think it's a game for carebears, but I can't deny the sheer popular success of the game.

However, in all MMOs, you can rave for hours on the numbers, we don't know which is the percentage of real active players. The argument stating : there are a lot of sales SO it's the best eva is not always true. But here comes opinion, and I've stated mine already.

Diablo 2.

Super Smash Brothers Melee.

These 2 games are games that I always have to go back to every year. Melee i've been playing for a LONG time now even though Brawl is out. Playing bother side by side.