By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft Gamerscore League

NeoRatt said:
Seece said:
Any more news on MGC.net spiritual successor Neo?!

Around the Network
NeoRatt said:
NeoRatt said:
Seece said:
Any more news on MGC.net spiritual successor Neo?!

Day after MS financials, coincidence?!

F3AR is pretty cool, if you liked the first 2 games then this is a must get

Also bought Fable 3 and the SEGA Mega Drive Collection in a 2 for £20 deal!

Seece said:  Day after M$ financials. Coincidence? 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm sure it is but that's a couple of things to look forward to.  Some serious black ink for a change and whatever it is Neo's got up his sleeve.  I can't even venture a good guess.

The league is up-to-date for this week...

Microsoft Gamerscore League
GS Career TA Career League Career Platinum  Career Tournies Career
GS Season TA Season League Season Platinum  Season Tournies Season
GS Weekly TA Weekly League Weekly Platinum  Weekly Tournies Weekly

Achievements LB TA LB League Rules Platinum Games Potential Tournies
  TA Ratio LB   Completion LB  

Microsoft Gamerscore League History
Gamerscore 2008 N/A League 2008 Platinum 2008 2008 Plat. Games Tournies 2008
Gamerscore 2009 N/A League 2009 Platinum 2009 2009 Plat. Games Tournies 2009
Gamerscore 2010 TA 2010 League 2010 Platinum 2010 2010 Plat. Games Tournies 2010

Around the Network

What a race at the top this year. Half the year down, and 4 points separate 1st and 2nd place... Just 25 points separate the top 3...

Good luck for the second half!

Thanks again for the update Neo........

The 2nd half of the year should indeed be very interesting......... theres certainly still all to play for with regards to positions in the league.

I'm glad to see Virtua Tennis 4 as a plat despite it been a sports game.

At the end of the day Virtua Tennis/Top spin games are not yearly games (and Virtua Tennis 4 & Top spin 4 play a little differently to their predecessors) ....... thus they deserve to be plats.

Afterall, do some RPG's really play all that differently from others (and some of these RPG's come out every other year too just like VT & TS)

Anyway......... best of luck to everyone for the second half of the season...!!!!!!!!

Ronster316 said:
Thanks again for the update Neo........

The 2nd half of the year should indeed be very interesting......... theres certainly still all to play for with regards to positions in the league.

I'm glad to see Virtua Tennis 4 as a plat despite it been a sports game.

At the end of the day Virtua Tennis/Top spin games are not yearly games (and Virtua Tennis 4 & Top spin 4 play a little differently to their predecessors) ....... thus they deserve to be plats.

Afterall, do some RPG's really play all that differently from others (and some of these RPG's come out every other year too just like VT & TS)

Anyway......... best of luck to everyone for the second half of the season...!!!!!!!!

Yes, not having the tennis games as plats was a mistake on my part.  The criteria is that they are part of a yearly franchise AND are licensed.  Neither is licensed, neither is yearly.  This puts them on par with car racing simulations.  aka Forza, DiRT, etc.  This year we will live with the rule the way it is, but next year there will be some changes to reflect the fact that people have to put tons of hours to get good gamerscores in these games too.  I have put over 100 hours into Tiger 12 and still only have 670 GS (and that's not because I suck at it, unlike the fighting and hack n slash adventure genre).

We are also seeing that people are allowed to double, triple, and quadruple dip on many games because of an evolution in gaming.  They release, people win the tournament, they get the platinums, and then they get more plat points everytime a DLC is released.  I am fine with that.  But, how does that make it any different from a yearly sports franchise then?  DLC seems to have made every game look like a yearly release as far as the league is concerned.

Ron, I believe the reason why most sports games are not plats is more due to the fact that they have online servers, that are eventually shut down, and not that they have annual releases. 99% of RPGs are single player and don't have online servers, thus 1000 gamerscore will always be attainable.

Neo, I wouldn't have a problem with sports games being platinums as long as: 1, the full 1000 gamescore is available for the entire league year; and 2, they are removed from the platinums list when their online servers are shut down and/or certain achievements are disabled.