By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Less than half of PS3 time spent gaming - Study

I use my PC for all media and the PS3 for Blu-ray and games. Mostly Blu-ray though, haven't really been gaming much lately. I use the 360 every now and then when its available, mostly for Arcade titles like Limbo or Trials HD but also some Forza and Fable now and then.

I play very little on consoles though, probably do 95% of my gaming on my PC, which is getting an upgrade very soon!

Around the Network

This pretty much just means that Sony's was absolutely right in characterizing the PS3 as a "It only does everything" multimedia center rather than a gaming console.

And I think that's exactly what makes the PS3 more popular than the Xbox 360 (in all countries except the USA that is). I've seen it a number of times in electronics stores when customers ask for a HD gaming console: The staff usually explains that 360 and PS3 are actually extremely similar when it comes to gaming, and that the main difference between the two systems is that the PS3 is also a powerful multimedia center while the Xbox 360 isn't that useful for anything else than gaming.

Despite the 360 being a lot cheaper, the majority of customers prefers to pay more money to get the additional features the PS3 offers, and as the study shows, they are indeed using them.

ArnoldRimmer said:

This pretty much just means that Sony's was absolutely right in characterizing the PS3 as a "It only does everything" multimedia center rather than a gaming console.

And I think that's exactly what makes the PS3 more popular than the Xbox 360 (in all countries except the USA that is). I've seen it a number of times in electronics stores when customers ask for a HD gaming console: The staff usually explains that 360 and PS3 are actually extremely similar when it comes to gaming, and that the main difference between the two systems is that the PS3 is also a powerful multimedia center while the Xbox 360 isn't that useful for anything else than gaming.

Despite the 360 being a lot cheaper, the majority of customers prefers to pay more money to get the additional features the PS3 offers, and as the study shows, they are indeed using them.

While I myself am a PS fan...I wouldn't say the 360 is useless outside of gaming, it has a lot of media stuff itself.

Money can't buy happiness. Just video games, which make me happy.

twesterm said:

I actually can't remember the last game I played on my PS3, Batman AA maybe?

So very true...

- 360 users spend half their time waiting for their console to get repaired

- PS3 has no games

- Wii is a kiddy console that no hardcore gamer would ever play

hyuk hyuk hyuk I love trolling

Around the Network

Yea it's all spent on web-sites harrassing other game console lovers. M$ FTW

Chairman-Mao said:

- 360 users spend half their time waiting for their console to get repaired

- PS3 has no games

- Wii is a kiddy console that no hardcore gamer would ever play

hyuk hyuk hyuk I love trolling

REALLY YOUR GOING WITH RROD, What a low blow. I have 2 xbox and have not had a problem yet. I get your kidding but it's getting old. Thats why I left N4G.

This is just stupid.... hmmmm lets see.... lets come out with a study..... Well study little boys playing video games.... Anyway my xbox is used solely for gaming.... but only play it a few hours a week if that.... My wii (haha, i just played that for the first time in months the other day) So i rarely play the wii.... My ps3 is used for my main media.... I put in a few hours a week with games and many hours in with movies.....

So id say my breakdown per console is like this:

PS3- 50%

XBOX360- 30%

CLASSICS- 10%

WII- 10%

ArnoldRimmer said:

And from the top of my head Australia/New Zealand and England... Apparently China as well I read somewhere... NONE THE LESS, please dont troll the 360

Bet with Conegamer and Doobie_wop 

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

AWESOM-O said:

This is just stupid.... hmmmm lets see.... lets come out with a study..... Well study little boys playing video games.... Anyway my xbox is used solely for gaming.... but only play it a few hours a week if that.... My wii (haha, i just played that for the first time in months the other day) So i rarely play the wii.... My ps3 is used for my main media.... I put in a few hours a week with games and many hours in with movies.....

So id say my breakdown per console is like this:

PS3- 50%

XBOX360- 30%

CLASSICS- 10%

WII- 10%

It is what you do with it not which consoles you play and what percent of that time. It appears you missed the point of the thread

Bet with Conegamer and Doobie_wop 

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752