By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Less than half of PS3 time spent gaming - Study

So true i love my ps3 games and all, but when you can pirate movies on to the thing, that takes the cake.

"Defeating a sandwich, only makes it tastier." - Virginia

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
LivingMetal said:

What I'm really surprised is "The Wii was the least used of the bunch, averaging just 1.4 hours per week."

That surprised you?

I use my 360 for gaming, and some movie/music streaming

I use my PS3 for watching blu-rays and gaming, mostly blu-rays (except recently with GT5)

I dont use my Wii....  literally dont use it, my daughter occasionaly turns it on but since kinect she hasnt even looked at it.

I must admit that I know a very fair amount of people who own a Wii (Well, duh. Look at the sales.)   And quite a few of those I do not classify as gamers who have left their Wii's sitting around.  But I still know a fair amount of people who are enjoying their Wii's.  But a 1.4 hour average per week???  Why are people still buying the console then?

Lostplanet22 said:
twesterm said:

I actually can't remember the last game I played on my PS3, Batman AA maybe?

It's really my DVD/BluRay player at the moment and not much else, and before people start yelling fanboy, my 360 gets much more Netflix use than game use (I just happen to game on it too occasionally).  :-p

No god of war III.

It is in your sig.

The last time I synched my trophies was March 26th 2010 so the trophy card in my sig is slightly out of date (there's a good 40 trophies missing from my sig). 

(and that's God of War II, I haven't played III)

twesterm said:
Lostplanet22 said:
twesterm said:

It's really my DVD/BluRay player at the moment and not much else, and before people start yelling fanboy, my 360 gets much more Netflix use than game use (I just happen to game on it too occasionally).  :-p

No god of war III.

It is in your sig.

The last time I synched my trophies was March 26th 2010 so the trophy card in my sig is slightly out of date (there's a good 40 trophies missing from my sig). 

You need to play play play! PS3 is awesome!!!

So does that mean SONY was successful at creating a media centre? =O

Around the Network
silicon said:

So does that mean SONY was successful at creating a media centre? =O

I guess so.

"To play or not to play, that is the question."- A wise man

Lifetime sales prediction

Wii 79/150 million

Xbox 360 47.7/73 Million

PS3 43.6/69 Million

twesterm said:
Lostplanet22 said:
twesterm said:

No god of war III.

It is in your sig.

Ok my bad..=p..  Was to lazy to check your sig...Could recognize GOW and thought it probably would be GOW III :)..What is that second game?  Was wondering about it..

Lately I have been playing my 360 the most, Watching movies on PS3 and Barely touch the Wii anymore.

Atto Suggests...:

Book - Malazan Book of the Fallen series 

Game - Metro Last Light

TV - Deadwood

Music - Forest Swords 

Only half? I didn't know there is much to do otherwise. Just like the 360, it's all about gaming. Gosh, people are strange..

I actually use my PS3 as media server probably as much as I game with it. It's just so easy to stream anime from computer to tv screen with PS3. No need for extra cables.