By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Wonktonodi said:

two things on the fist  They lynch of Trucks showed that the scum were bold and why would Nen hint he can protect himself instead of just letting the scum try and lynch him and fail?

Pretty much!

Around the Network
Wonktonodi said:

two things on the fist  They lynch of Trucks showed that the scum were bold and why would Nen hint he can protect himself instead of just letting the scum try and lynch him and fail?

FYI, most people refer to the mafia's actions as "night kills" instead of lynches.  Helps prevent confusion.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

theRepublic said:
Wonktonodi said:

FYI, most people refer to the mafia's actions as "night kills" instead of lynches.  Helps prevent confusion.

and by most people it is everyone I just have been saying lynch so much more than night kill that it's what I typed.  Now it's even been quoted twice to mock me forever :~P

Linkzmax said:
theRepublic said:

You guys already answered one question I had.  It seems several of you just didn't ask in the thread why the doctor was allowed to live for so long.  Speak up next time!

My other question is why you guys thought that the doctor would drop hints that they were the doctor.  The last thing the real doctor wants to do is to drop hints that they are the doc.  They want to look like a plain townie.

For me, the first was answered by nen saying he could protect himself. It then becomes a matter of would mafia risk getting blocked and nen self-confirming, or would they leave him alive because that question should be lingering on everyones' minds.

Second question, all I can say is DOH! I blame it on my lack of experience, but other townies definitely should've pointed out why those hints never should've been dropped.

Any other townies care to comment?

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

Wonktonodi said:
MetalGear_94 said:

Excellent job nen-suer!!

great now you have two wins in a row and got killed for lurking or not being there :P

I'm just that good

-

Around the Network
Linkzmax said:
theRepublic said:

You guys already answered one question I had.  It seems several of you just didn't ask in the thread why the doctor was allowed to live for so long.  Speak up next time!

My other question is why you guys thought that the doctor would drop hints that they were the doctor.  The last thing the real doctor wants to do is to drop hints that they are the doc.  They want to look like a plain townie.

For me, the first was answered by nen saying he could protect himself. It then becomes a matter of would mafia risk getting blocked and nen self-confirming, or would they leave him alive because that question should be lingering on everyones' minds.

Second question, all I can say is DOH! I blame it on my lack of experience, but other townies definitely should've pointed out why those hints never should've been dropped.

I seem to recall SAYING EXACTLY THAT. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Open question for everyone:  why did the game just...die?  Related question:  I know I made some mistakes (always room to improve!), but what criticisms do you guys have for me?

noname2200 said:

Open question for everyone:  why did the game just...die?  Related question:  I know I made some mistakes (always room to improve!), but what criticisms do you guys have for me?

My only criticism (outside the modkills) is, there shouldn't be masons in a vanilla game. There shouldn't be anything besides cop and doctor (if there are)

Final-Fan said:
Linkzmax said:
theRepublic said:

I seem to recall SAYING EXACTLY THAT. 

Yes, but you were also one of my top suspects for most of the game. Same goes for j0 which said similar, but I really thought it scummy the way he agreed. There were threeother townies that could've also made a point on it. Wonk, zexen, or ra.. yeah one of them :)

theRepublic said:
Linkzmax said:
theRepublic said:

Any other townies care to comment?

I actually had an entire conversation with Linkzmax on this point! 

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3877376
"Wow, that would be such a terrible post if he's really the doc.  The LAST thing he wants should be to come in and talk a lot about what the doc is/should/might do.
"I think the "mafia thinking about claiming cop" option is suddenly a lot likelier."
(Without reviewing the thread I would suppose I meant to say "doc" not "cop".)

Linkz's reply:  "... To be frank, only an idiot would respond to http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3865969 in any way that would indicate they are the doc, so it would have been an absolutely horrendous test to check if doc is a safeclaim. FF's reply to my question for j0 threw me off, because I really did lean town with FF. ..."

My reply:  "... It wasn't that I thought it was credible that nen was trying to flush out the doc; it was more that why would the doc ever make that post. ..." 

Linkz's reply:  "... I believe it was a post of regret. As in nen gambled that scum would think the doc was protecting Truck/radish, and so he protected me instead. ..."

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom!