By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Linkzmax said:
Final-Fan said:
Linkzmax said:
theRepublic said:

You guys already answered one question I had.  It seems several of you just didn't ask in the thread why the doctor was allowed to live for so long.  Speak up next time!

My other question is why you guys thought that the doctor would drop hints that they were the doctor.  The last thing the real doctor wants to do is to drop hints that they are the doc.  They want to look like a plain townie.

For me, the first was answered by nen saying he could protect himself. It then becomes a matter of would mafia risk getting blocked and nen self-confirming, or would they leave him alive because that question should be lingering on everyones' minds.

Second question, all I can say is DOH! I blame it on my lack of experience, but other townies definitely should've pointed out why those hints never should've been dropped.

I seem to recall SAYING EXACTLY THAT. 

Yes, but you were also one of my top suspects for most of the game. Same goes for j0 which said similar, but I really thought it scummy the way he agreed. There were threeother townies that could've also made a point on it. Wonk, zexen, or ra.. yeah one of them :)

But j0 flipped innocent, Wonk is as new as you are, and zexen stopped caring. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Around the Network
zexen_lowe said:
noname2200 said:

Open question for everyone:  why did the game just...die?  Related question:  I know I made some mistakes (always room to improve!), but what criticisms do you guys have for me?

My only criticism (outside the modkills) is, there shouldn't be in a vanilla game. There shouldn't be anything besides cop and doctor (if there are)

I can respect that.  To be honest, I never meant to deceive, I just had a broader definition of vanilla than the rest of you guys did.  Sorry!  I think joining the games when I did has rather warped my perspective...

To be fair to Linkz, though, I can hardly blame him too much for failing to go back and re-evaluate things on the last day.  If I'd done it myself, I would have remembered how suspicious I was of nen when he initially claimed, and realized I had NO reason to trust him more "now" than I did then, and I might have been able to convince at least Linkzmax, if not radish.  And the two of us together might have convinced him as well. 

Ah, regrets. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

noname2200 said:

Open question for everyone:  why did the game just...die?  Related question:  I know I made some mistakes (always room to improve!), but what criticisms do you guys have for me?

No idea why it died, but that definitely made me step up my activity in turn. I only have a couple of games under my belt, but the players that were modkilled didn't seem like they lacked interest in previous rounds when merely vanilla.

I have no complaints that you used masons and no doctor or cop. It was unexpected, but should've given town quite an edge while still relying on logic/analysis instead of power. I'm certainly no pro, but several players could use some improvement in that area. Only mistakes I noticed were occasional errors in the votals, though I like that you used my method of keeping track of votes. There were also some typos, but that can happen to everyone with larger posts. Oh and day three had a *DAY TWO START*

Linkzmax said:

Only mistakes I noticed were occasional errors in the votals, though I like that you used my method of keeping track of votes. There were also some typos, but that can happen to everyone with larger posts. Oh and day three had a *DAY TWO START*

Aha, well, you see, there's a perfectly logical explanation for all that that doesn't mean I'm completely unable to spell, or keep count.  It's, erm... HEY LOOK SOMETHING SURPRISING BEHIND YOU!!! *Flees*

Around the Network
Final-Fan said:

To be fair to Linkz, though, I can hardly blame him too much for failing to go back and re-evaluate things on the last day.  If I'd done it myself, I would have remembered how suspicious I was of nen when he initially claimed, and realized I had NO reason to trust him more "now" than I did then, and I might have been able to convince at least Linkzmax, if not radish.  And the two of us together might have convinced him as well. 

Ah, regrets. 

Fair point about j0, Wonk, and zexen. I admit I was quite tempted to believe you as town and work on convincing radish that it had to be nen, but I was operating on very little sleep for all of the last couple days in game. To be honest, while the preposition of nen being doctor was false, I'm amazed that almost everything detailed in my plan would've held true.

There's so many things I could have and should have done differently, but it's moot now. I at least hope you had fun even though we lost.

@noname: Sorry I didn't mean to imply that you misspelled things, it was more like errors in tense or additional words that didn't fit in. Things that wouldn't raise a flag with a spell check, and really didn't detract from the flavor at all either. As for vote counting, I think it was all day two and I'm not sure what issue you had, but you said you figured out what it was and after that you got everything right. Well except for having my vote on nen instead of j0 day four. I should've realized you were pointing me in the right direction!

Linkzmax said:
Final-Fan said:
Linkzmax said:
theRepublic said:

You guys already answered one question I had.  It seems several of you just didn't ask in the thread why the doctor was allowed to live for so long.  Speak up next time!

My other question is why you guys thought that the doctor would drop hints that they were the doctor.  The last thing the real doctor wants to do is to drop hints that they are the doc.  They want to look like a plain townie.

For me, the first was answered by nen saying he could protect himself. It then becomes a matter of would mafia risk getting blocked and nen self-confirming, or would they leave him alive because that question should be lingering on everyones' minds.

Second question, all I can say is DOH! I blame it on my lack of experience, but other townies definitely should've pointed out why those hints never should've been dropped.

Yes, but you were also one of my top suspects for most of the game. Same goes for j0 which said similar, but I really thought it scummy the way he agreed. There were threeother townies that could've also made a point on it. Wonk, zexen, or ra.. yeah one of them :)

I couldn't comment on too much of the matter.  I commented a bit on nen's claim before we finished of SAK but then the day was over and I was gone.  I did come on when I said I would but radish hammered so there was no more I could say due to my brutal death.

Final-Fan said:
Linkzmax said:
Final-Fan said:
Linkzmax said:
theRepublic said:

But j0 flipped innocent, Wonk is as new as you are, and zexen stopped caring. 

not just new I was also dead :P not long after the claim I had wanted to keep him on a tight leash

noname2200 said:
zexen_lowe said:
noname2200 said:

My only criticism (outside the modkills) is, there shouldn't be in a vanilla game. There shouldn't be anything besides cop and doctor (if there are)

I can respect that.  To be honest, I never meant to deceive, I just had a broader definition of vanilla than the rest of you guys did.  Sorry!  I think joining the games when I did has rather warped my perspective...

Well hat had made a goood point of roles on the main page in the maifa wiki, masons did seem a bit out there.  I'm more frustrtated there was no actual doc to have stopped nen's roleclaim. However it did feel very vanilla. It being my second game. 

A minor other posability though would have been after the all the mod kills and half the masons being wipped out maybe promote one of the town to mason as well. 

noname2200 said:
zexen_lowe said:
noname2200 said:

I imagine you must've grabbed your hairs in the first day after all the talking about what was in a vanilla game, didn't you?