By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will nintendo be able to catch apple in the handheld market? SUPER RANT.

It just seems to me like Nintendo is going to pull a wii with the 3DS- whereas the gimmick of 3D will make it the next big thing. But what about after that? People are playing apps on their android and iphones more and more and it's much more convenient to carry around one device to play games, make calls, and overall just being a portable computer.

If nintendo keeps just releasing a standard handheld device they are dead in that market, so what are they gonna do? Logically they would release a nintendphone or a wiiphone or something. Sony saw the smarts of this and they are releasing their rather... Horrible looking PSPhone. But while that product looks like absolute crap, at least they have the right idea.

So nintendo can't keep going on the path they're on right now, they'll have to change. An example of what would happen if they don't is the N64: while it had a couple good games it really wasn't a successful system. It was a letdown in the eyes of nintendo, getting beaten by the playstation (who, like in star wars, had to defeat it's dark lord to obtain superiority)

But I digress, Nintendo is like a dinosaur sometimes. While the growth of the iPhone as a gaming platform is growing at such a pace apple doesn't know how to control it, it seems like the noose is tightening around Nintendo's neck. Yeah, they offer a digital download service for the DS. Can it put up the potential numbers of the app store though? Hell no. They can't can't say this and that if only to precipitate the flow of it. It can't do. Though it be outrageous.

I mean, how long until it becomes obvious handhelds will be changed forever? They ain't gonna be traditional handhelds, they are going to be not unlike the Pip-boy from fallout. The device would be used for finding quests, checking maps, callin' ur buds and even saving your status. So yeah, that's that.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

Around the Network

Are you a viral marketer?

Above: still the best game of the year.

I don't know, are you really a transvestite pirate dog?

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

Meh, too long for me to read.

3DS Friend Code:   4596-9822-6909

Strategyking92 said:

I'll forgive you for calling me gay. And I'm not a pirate dog. I'm a Christmas Pirate dog.

Around the Network
Beuli2 said:
Strategyking92 said:

I'll forgive you for calling me gay. And I'm not a pirate dog. I'm a Christmas Pirate dog.

I'm not the one wearing lipstick.. at this moment.

If 3DS allows people to text via Wi-Fi I say YESH! Just like yahoo messenger allows people to text to cell phones. If Nintendo markets it then it has  chance.

Then if it markets it like a MP3 player, so people can see they don't necessarily need an ipod for music and for watching 3D movies!

BUT MOST IMPORTANT: It's awesome line up of games!

-yeah i didn't really read the whole thing, too long..

Strategyking92 said:
Beuli2 said:
Strategyking92 said:

I'm not the one wearing lipstick.. at this moment.

It's blood from my enemies! I'm a dog from hell!

To all those people (including the OP) who keep talking as if portable computers would make deicated handheld gaming consoles obsolete, I have a one million dollar question for you.

Why haven't stationary computers made dedicated stationary gaming consoles obsolete?

(EDIT: "Consoles now have media functions" is not an acceptable answer. The Wii success smashes that argument into oblivion)

I LOVE ICELAND!

Compelling software will out. How else have consoles remained relevant in the face of PCes that can also do it all? Some analysts have been perpetually declaring consoles to be on the verge of extinction, it's just that now we're finally starting to carry around devices that kinda sorta do the same things our handhelds used to

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.