By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will nintendo be able to catch apple in the handheld market? SUPER RANT.

dany612 said:

If 3DS allows people to text via Wi-Fi I say YESH! Just like yahoo messenger allows people to text to cell phones. If Nintendo markets it then it has  chance.

Then if it markets it like a MP3 player, so people can see they don't necessarily need an ipod for music and for watching 3D movies!

BUT MOST IMPORTANT: It's awesome line up of games!

-yeah i didn't really read the whole thing, too long..

Not only that but doesn't nintendo DS control total revenue of the handheld market even with Iphone in it. I remember Iphone just barely beat PSP.

I think nintendo doesn't have to catch anything, I also didn't read his whole thing...too long.

Around the Network

I don't care what anyone says, iPod and iPhone are not gaming platforms. They're an Mp3 player and cell phone respectively. 

Apple will not be able to catch Nintendo *

The DS was supposed to be dead due to the iPhone...

I think there's enough room for both dedicated portable gaming and dedicated portable networking.

Just a touch-screen isn't enough for major portable gaming experience and just a portable console isn't also enough for major portable networking (phoning, e-mail, internet, sms, etc)

R u serius !!!!!!!!! did u hear anything about that little machine call DS which sold over 140 million.

Around the Network

Most people hit the nail on the head here....it's about content, period. Wait until a completely brand new Pokemon game comes out for 3DS...it's game over. The kids on the playground aren't going to give two shits about their iPods and iPhones when that game drops, they're going to be screaming at their parents to get them a 3DS so they can play with all the other kids.