By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - What will sell more Gran Turismo 5 or Mario Kart wii.

MK easily. GT5 will sell around 3M, maybe a bit more if PS3 sales really take off. MK will double that.

Around the Network
tokilamockingbrd said:
dog gonnit.... my wireless was giving me trouble and I keep refreshing and hit it again... sry bout that

Wireless sukcs... I know how you feel, my gf has wireless, running from the exact same connection and modem I use. Her ping is ludicrous and it drops out all the time, while mine is stable throughout.

Morgyn said:
Its got Mario in the title. Snes version is the best tho.

Have you played the ds version yet?  I'd have to say that's the best version.  Even though it's entirely opinion, I think most people would agree.

Smash Bros: 2363-5325-6342 

I definately like the Ds version more.

I liked the Cube version, but I would say it was my least favorite... SNES was my fav, but again that nostalgia thing may bias it a little

psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.

Around the Network

Gran Turismo by a mile. This game will most likely hit in late 08, during the Holiday season. Remember, Gran Turismo sells very well in all territories (including Europe). This series sells almost as much units as Gran Theft Auto series.

The last Mario Kart sold only 6 million compared to GT 4 8.79 million. Also GT games sell well when they make their debut on a next gen console.

Also, When GT 3 hit all three regions, The PS2 userbase was only 12.3 million, and it managed 14 million lifetime.

Didja get that thing I sentcha?

MK, and this is without any fanboyism, Double dash was one of the cubes biggest sellers, and Mario Kart DS was a massive seller on that system as well

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

So everyone is saying that Mario Kart will sell almost as much as Grand Theft Auto? Because Gran Turismo and Grand Theft Auto numbers are close. You have got to be kidding me.

Didja get that thing I sentcha?

i love mk ds better than mk gc, but as someone said it's just opinion but i think mk will beat the ass of gt 5, because of the casual player, even the chics will love it

MK. Based on console install base and awesomeness of Mario!

Wii code: 4679-4491-5808-6319,MKWii: 4296-3394-2843; Animal Crossing Wii: 3008-1736-4670.