By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Sony's PlayStation 3 Wins Market Share From Wii, Xbox in U.S???

Before you're too optimistic about Microsoft's financial better wait for their next quarterly reports. I don't think that they can afford more price drops anytime soon.

Hardcore gaming is a bubble economy blown up by Microsoft's $7 $6 billion losses.

Around the Network
reverie said:
Before you're too optimistic about Microsoft's financial better wait for their next quarterly reports. I don't think that they can afford more price drops anytime soon.
They could afford it. Primarily because their competitor went over budget and in fact started a price war, so they could get the money from their own company easily.

Spin, spin, spin... :p

Nothing's cheaper than something free.

F1 vs FOTA, when too much power is in couple peoples hands.

---------------------------------------------------------------

jimmay said:
WEWdeadeye said:
How does it look like that? Sony still isn't gaining ground, so where is your evidence to support that opinion?

Sony already are gaining ground worldwide on the xbox360. Also sony have most of their major games coming out next year where as nintendo and particulary microsoft have had most of their top franchises released and have already had their huge sales boosts from them.

nintendo also has gr8 ngames coming out in 2008 just like sony does. (brawl, mkwii, wiifit, animal crossing wii, wiiware, ). also, microsoft is getting a lot of multiplats that ps3 will too.

Damn things have changed since 2009 began. Here are my new visions for the end of the generation.

Wii: 135 mil

Ps3: 85 mil

360: 60 mil

True Genius
daactualfact said:
jimmay said:
WEWdeadeye said:
How does it look like that? Sony still isn't gaining ground, so where is your evidence to support that opinion?

Sony already are gaining ground worldwide on the xbox360. Also sony have most of their major games coming out next year where as nintendo and particulary microsoft have had most of their top franchises released and have already had their huge sales boosts from them.

nintendo also has gr8 ngames coming out in 2008 just like sony does. (brawl, mkwii, wiifit, animal crossing wii, wiiware, ). also, microsoft is getting a lot of multiplats that ps3 will too.

Well you've mentioned 4 proven selling games for the wii their, smash brothers, mario kart, animal crossing and wiifit. However people just don't seem to realise how many proven exclusive million selling games are coming out for the ps3 next year, off the top of my head their is:

Metal Gear Solid 4

Gran Turismo 5

Final Fantasy 13

Final Fantasy vs 13

Killzone 2

Motorstorm 2

Resistance Fall Of Man 2

Wipeout

Socom

The Getaway

Tekken 6

Then their are some very promising titles such as little big planet and white knight story. Then on top of that their are a bunch of games coming to the ps3 and 360 that the wii doesnt get such as:

Grand Theft Auto 4

Burnout Paradise

Resident Evil 5

Silent Hill 5

Devil May Cry 4

Rainbow Six Vegas 2

Call of Duty 5

Brothers in Arms 2

Soul Calibur 4

Army of Two

Battlefield

Condemned 2

Mercenaries 2

Alone in the Dark

I could go on, but next year is the ps3's year for games. 

Around the Network
jimmay said:
daactualfact said:
jimmay said:
WEWdeadeye said:

Well you've mentioned 4 proven selling games for the wii their, smash brothers, mario kart, animal crossing and wiifit. However people just don't seem to realise how many proven exclusive million selling games are coming out for the ps3 next year, off the top of my head their is:

Metal Gear Solid 4

Gran Turismo 5

Final Fantasy 13

Final Fantasy vs 13

Killzone 2

Motorstorm 2

Resistance Fall Of Man 2

Wipeout

Socom

The Getaway

Tekken 6

Then their are some very promising titles such as little big planet and white knight story. Then on top of that their are a bunch of games coming to the ps3 and 360 that the wii doesnt get such as:

Grand Theft Auto 4

Burnout Paradise

Resident Evil 5

Silent Hill 5

Devil May Cry 4

Rainbow Six Vegas 2

Call of Duty 5

Brothers in Arms 2

Soul Calibur 4

Army of Two

Battlefield

Condemned 2

Mercenaries 2

Alone in the Dark

I could go on, but next year is the ps3's year for games.

You'll be in for a surprise when some of these games are on your list for "greatest games of 2009".

SRLemmiwinks said:
Exactly why is everyone saying Spin this and spin that?

This was written by a journalist. Not Sony, and its based off that journalists view points and research.

Learn to read, ftw.

A reporter can't spin a story?