By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The Last Story - Japan sales prediction

I'll take a stab at this, partially to bookmark the thread for the time being. Guesses for non-Japan regions of course, are pending a release in said region.

FW Japan: 225k, Americas: 160k, Europe: 90k

LT Japan: 580k, Americas: 500k, Europe: 220k, World: 1.3m

-dunno001

-On a quest for the truly perfect game; I don't think it exists...

Around the Network

Some people mention MH, FF and DQ and keep forgetting that these are established franchises that took their time getting there... Nintendo or not, Sakaguchi or not, this is a new IP. Which new IP in Japan on a home console did you see doing extremely well lately, especially first week? The answer is none.

Currently Playing: Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked, Professor Layton and the Curious Village

Anticipating: Xenoblade, The Last Story, Mario Kart 7, Rayman Origins, Zelda SS, Crush3D, Tales of the Abyss 3DS, MGS:Snake Eater 3DS, RE:Revelations, Time Travellers, Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney, Luigi's Mansion 2, MH TriG, DQ Monsters, Heroes of Ruin

I reckon something like 170K through 190K LTD is a reasonable expectation - depending on the legs - with an opening of around 100K. It'll definitely outsell Xenoblade.

How technical is your game?

My favorite song <3

By the way, my predictions are 150k FW, 800k LT.

3DS Friend Code:   4596-9822-6909

no matter how the game does, this thread is going to be funny!

Around the Network

FW: 150k, LTD 500k I think it could be a good start, even if i'd like the game to do much better.

But we must first concentrate ourselves on the way to entertain people, for video games to live. Else, it's a world where sales representative will win, which has as effect to kill creativity. I want to say to the creators all around the world:"Courage, Dare!". Shigeru Miyamoto.

Everything over 500k in japan will makes me pleased. Nintendo as a platform, well.. dont know much about the potenial.

Can be low or high. If it was on PS3 on other hands, im sure it could perform strong first week like.

With the Japanese launch only two days away, has anybody changed their mind? Other people want to place a bet? Good luck to you all.

Think for yourself, question authority

fw: <150k

LT: <250k

I don't think it will be a big succes Nintendo is pushing it but Japan is not really buying new IP's games like Tales of Graces did not even get that numbers and that was a sequal of a popular franchise.

So going by the 120k first day number (initial shipment sold out), how does your prediction stand?

The game wil be three days on sale when the numbers come out, will it reach 300k?

If it does that would be a nice opener.

Think for yourself, question authority