By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The Last Story - Japan sales prediction

Mad55 said:
Chibi.V.29 said:
menx64 said:

250k FW, 450-500 LT... This is nintendo´s FF game, it seems everything is going fine so far, if nintendo really wants to make this game a truly ff killer they need to promote as they would do it with a mario game... 

It has no hope in hell of being an ff killer XD no matter how much they push its markating. ff had one of the most incedable ad champaign iv ever seen in japan :P

And Nintendo couldnt match that campaign if they felt The last story has enough potential? Of course they can they have more at their disposal than square enix.

yes they could match it but im saying that it being an ff game alone is practical advertisement XD kinda like how it doesnt matter how good or bad a call of duty game is a shit load of people will buy it. I will happily make a bet with you that it wont beat ff13 ^.^

Yeah i know my spelling sucks but im dysgraphic so live with it :3    

---------------------------------------------------Bets--------------------------------------------------

Conegamer - I say that the PS3 will beat the DS next week in Japan  (for hardware sales) Forfeit is control over others avatar for 1 week.

Around the Network

400k FW and 800-1mil LT

Just look at MHP3, depending on advertising depends on the sales!

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Soriku said:

lol some of you guys expect too much. I hope for at least 150k FW.

We'll see when its released, remember its bundled!

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Boutros said:
Chrizum said:
Boutros said:

140k FW

250k LT

It's sad really. It wasn't the best move to release it on the Wii but oh well. Perhaps it will exceed expectations.

Wasn't the best move? Would it be smarter for Nintendo to make a PS3 game or something?

Not the best move from Mistwalker. They are the ones developing the game after all. Unless Nintendo paid them a lot to make The Last Story.

It's not like it's their first bad move though.

Nintendo's basically paying for everything... I'm sure if Sony had offered a better deal, Mistwalker would've taken them up on it.  Not that PS3's a sure bet for RPG sales either, it's pretty hit or miss itself.

Anyway, on topic, I'll say 120k fw, 250k lt.   Xenoblade did about 85k fw and 170k ltd so far, and TLS looks like it can better that slightly imo.

160k FW

350k LT

Good for a new franchise with some decent legs as more people get to know about it.

Around the Network

Hey guys, just a quick post here.

Check this out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVWv5enbIAE&feature=player_embedded

some actual GAMEPLAY from Last Story!

Just to let you guys know...

Chibi.V.29 said:
Mad55 said:
Chibi.V.29 said:
menx64 said:

250k FW, 450-500 LT... This is nintendo´s FF game, it seems everything is going fine so far, if nintendo really wants to make this game a truly ff killer they need to promote as they would do it with a mario game... 

It has no hope in hell of being an ff killer XD no matter how much they push its markating. ff had one of the most incedable ad champaign iv ever seen in japan :P

And Nintendo couldnt match that campaign if they felt The last story has enough potential? Of course they can they have more at their disposal than square enix.

yes they could match it but im saying that it being an ff game alone is practical advertisement XD kinda like how it doesnt matter how good or bad a call of duty game is a shit load of people will buy it. I will happily make a bet with you that it wont beat ff13 ^.^

I agree that It is not going to beat FFXIII, but again, is FF XIII, there is a long history after the brand, and yes the brand counts a lot for the japanese gamers, what I am trying to say is that nintendo needs to create the brand, make people aware of the brand, create some hype for the game...

I would take that bet for FFXV and the last story III...

Menx64

3DS code: 1289-8222-7215

NNid: Menx064

100k FW, 195k LT . I really hope it will be more (and that it will even be a hardware mover), but I think this is more realistic given that it is a new IP,

Currently Playing: Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked, Professor Layton and the Curious Village

Anticipating: Xenoblade, The Last Story, Mario Kart 7, Rayman Origins, Zelda SS, Crush3D, Tales of the Abyss 3DS, MGS:Snake Eater 3DS, RE:Revelations, Time Travellers, Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney, Luigi's Mansion 2, MH TriG, DQ Monsters, Heroes of Ruin

Chibi.V.29 said:
Mad55 said:
Chibi.V.29 said:
menx64 said:

ok i see what youre saying. and um no I would have to be cray to make that bet lol

180K FW

350K LT

it will do better than Xenoblade and may be able to do WKC numbers

MikeB predicts that the PS3 will sell about 140 million units by the end of 2016 and triple the amount of 360s in the long run.