By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Slavery: For or against?

Slavery: For or against?

Yes, as long as the slaves are non-citizens. 15 7.98%

Yes, it'd make the world a better place. 14 7.45%

No, but I wouldn't enfor... 12 6.38%

No, it's completely unacceptable. 147 78.19%

Total:188

book mark

Around the Network

Huh? D:

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

TheLivingShadow said:
d21lewis said:

WTF? 

I know this almost seems like a silly question, but if you read the other slavery topic ( http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=120960&page=1&str=1540900303#29 ) , the statements of some people make you wonder what they actually think.

And well, most people answered correctly the ethics questions, but you can see some didn't. In fact, 31.25% answers up to this point are ethically wrong; but then again there are too few data points for now. Keep answering!

People thinking slavery is economically viable is a lot different then people actually being pro-slavery.

Slavery is VERY economically viable.

Our humanity has reached a new low point if these kind of questions are still asked.

Take a look at my photos on flickr

MontanaHatchet said:

Does this include consensual sex slavery or something? Why would anyone possibly agree with this? This is like asking if you're for or against human sacrifices (well sorta).

Exactly, I mean everyone wants the sun to rise the next day.  We'd all die if it didn't.  It's sad but sacrifices need to be made.

Around the Network

Why was there a -1 in the new posts section?

oh, and I'm against slavery, its inhumane. 

SuperAdrianK said:

Why was there a -1 in the new posts section?

oh, and I'm against slavery, its inhumane. 

Not enough human sacrifice.

It's what fuels the internet you know.

Chairman-Mao said:

No, because its cheaper to just pay workers than it is to pay people to keep the slaves in check (make sure they don't try to revolt). 

I disagree. If that were the case, then slavery would have been abandoned long ago, seeing as slavery was usually used as a way to make even more money by not having to pay a decent salary.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -My good friend Mark Aurelius

homer said:
Chairman-Mao said:

No, because its cheaper to just pay workers than it is to pay people to keep the slaves in check (make sure they don't try to revolt). 

I disagree. If that were the case, then slavery would have been abandoned long ago, seeing as slavery was usually used as a way to make even more money by not having to pay a decent salary.

Many uncommon economic conditions have to be in place for slavery to be viable; and even rarer conditions have to be in place for it to be highly profitable on a wide scale. This is the reason why slavery was not widely practiced through the western world even though it was legal. What you need is a labour intensive product that is highly valued and requires no skill to produce, in an area where unskilled labour is expensive enough the massive up front costs associated with buying a slave and the recurring cost of food, shelter and clothing for the slave.

Absolutely against. Owning another human is completely unnaceptable.