By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Slavery: For or against?

Slavery: For or against?

Yes, as long as the slaves are non-citizens. 15 7.98%

Yes, it'd make the world a better place. 14 7.45%

No, but I wouldn't enfor... 12 6.38%

No, it's completely unacceptable. 147 78.19%

Total:188

Ok, so the other slavery thread is about it being an eonomically viable option or not; I decided to create this thread motivated by some of the responses to the other one.

Please answer the question posed in topic title truthfully, otherwise the conclusions drawn would be wrong.

And since some...people...here think stuff like we're slaves of the government or of the system or whatever, here's the definition of slavery that this question goes by:

Slavery: The practice of, or a system based on, using the enforced labor of other people.

Enforced here is most accurately described by against the will.

Go!

EDIT: I'm NOT pro-slavery! Please don't get that idea! However, I do think, based on comments to the other slavery thread, that other people here are pro-slavery, and got scared that the opinion on slavery was changing. That's why I created this topic.

Around the Network

?

unacceptable.

WTF? 

Enforced labor of criminals is okay, but I guess that's not what you meant. (and I wouldn't see that as slavery, I'd see it as punishment)

Around the Network
d21lewis said:

WTF? 

I know this almost seems like a silly question, but if you read the other slavery topic ( http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=120960&page=1&str=1540900303#29 ) , the statements of some people make you wonder what they actually think.

And well, most people answered correctly the ethics questions, but you can see some didn't. In fact, 31.25% answers up to this point are ethically wrong; but then again there are too few data points for now. Keep answering!

Slimebeast said:

Enforced labor of criminals is okay, but I guess that's not what you meant. (and I wouldn't see that as slavery, I'd see it as punishment)

Yeah...that's not what I meant. But I agree with you on that matter. Instead of having them waste time and taxpayers' money, maybe they can do something productive as "compensation" or punishment as you call it.

in what century are you?

Being in 3rd place never felt so good

TheLivingShadow said:
d21lewis said:

WTF? 

I know this almost seems like a silly question, but if you read the other slavery topic ( http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=120960&page=1&str=1540900303#29 ) , the statements of some people make you wonder what they actually think.

And well, most people answered correctly the ethics questions, but you can see some didn't. In fact, 31.25% answers up to this point are ethically wrong; but then again there are too few data points for now. Keep answering!

Well, I admit I voted "Yes, as long as the slaves are non-citizens" just for the lulz.

I'd say the OP should be the first to be enslaved.

I'm kidding! Don't hate, congratulate! (On your slavery)

I'm pretty open minded about the world, but I'm very sure slavery isn't the way to go. As that would imply that certain humans are less valuable than others. However, every human is equally worthless.