By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Slavery: For or against?

Slavery: For or against?

Yes, as long as the slaves are non-citizens. 15 7.98%

Yes, it'd make the world a better place. 14 7.45%

No, but I wouldn't enfor... 12 6.38%

No, it's completely unacceptable. 147 78.19%

Total:188
Chairman-Mao said:

No, because its cheaper to just pay workers than it is to pay people to keep the slaves in check (make sure they don't try to revolt). 

What if it weren't then? What if in the future there were this cheap technology/pill that controls/drugs a person into doing what you want, and you didn't need someone to keep them in check? Would you then embrace slavery?

More generally, is your position against slavery a purely economical one, or do you also think it's ethically wrong?

Around the Network
TheLivingShadow said:
Mad55 said:

LMAO WTF man no i dont think anyone accepts slavery man. Well anyone sane.

I know, I completely agree. However I encourage you to take a look at the responses from some of the users in the other slavery thread and then come here and say the italized.

By the way, why do I get the feeling people here automatically assume I'm pro-slavery because I made this topic?

well re-read ur op and you'll see why. just the last part, and not many people have posted in this thread yet so just wait till you get more hits.

i wouldn't say u are for slavery, but you did vote for the first one and addmited it! plus people here over read comments and sometimes scan them without getting the true meaning of the post.

I LOVE ICELAND!

MARCUSDJACKSON said:
TheLivingShadow said:
Mad55 said:

I know, I completely agree. However I encourage you to take a look at the responses from some of the users in the other slavery thread and then come here and say the italized.

By the way, why do I get the feeling people here automatically assume I'm pro-slavery because I made this topic?

well re-read ur op and you'll see why. just the last part, and not many people have posted in this thread yet so just wait till you get more hits.

i wouldn't say u are for slavery, but you did vote for the first one and addmited it! plus people here over read comments and sometimes scan them without getting the true meaning of the post.

Hmmm...I might have worded it a little too lightly and therefore people assume I go for the "Yes" answers...however, I did vote first, but voted "No, it's completely unacceptable." I don't know what you're talking about.

TheLivingShadow said:
Chairman-Mao said:

No, because its cheaper to just pay workers than it is to pay people to keep the slaves in check (make sure they don't try to revolt). 

What if it weren't then? What if in the future there were this cheap technology/pill that controls/drugs a person into doing what you want, and you didn't need someone to keep them in check? Would you then embrace slavery?

More generally, is your position against slavery a purely economical one, or do you also think it's ethically wrong?

thats alot of iffing, and is highly logical. i'll go furthur then that. (watch closely)

lets say world war 3 happens nobody wins and every economic power fail's, but the gov is still very much intact with limited resources,and the one thing they have is an experimental chip that can reprogram minds, and all they have to do is activate it to take over the minds of every living being left on earth! its on some kind of wireless frequency that re-wires brain waves, and with one tiny tap of a butten ur a slave.

now stop with the hypotheticals unless you really want to test me? pills lol? that so 1960's! how old are you anyway? 890

Around the Network
TheLivingShadow said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
TheLivingShadow said:
Mad55 said:

Hmmm...I might have worded it a little too lightly and therefore people assume I go for the "Yes" answers...however, I did vote first, but voted "No, it's completely unacceptable." I don't know what you're talking about.

see wht i mean about scanning a post. i read the first half and scanned the last half.

what kind of fucker approves of slavery?

people need to stop all this stupid shit man, were all human at the end of the day, we should treat each other with dignity and respect

::shakes head::

Tag: Hawk - Reluctant Dark Messiah (provided by fkusumot)

MARCUSDJACKSON said:
TheLivingShadow said:
Chairman-Mao said:

thats alot of iffing, and is highly logical. i'll go furthur then that. (watch closely)

lets say world war 3 happens nobody wins and every economic power fail's, but the gov is still very much intact with limited resources,and the one thing they have is an experimental chip that can reprogram minds, and all they have to do is activate it to take over the minds of every living being left on earth! its on some kind of wireless frequency that re-wires brain waves, and with one tiny tap of a butten ur a slave.

now stop with the hypotheticals unless you really want to test me? pills lol? that so 1960's! how old are you anyway? 890

Logical methods are the best way to approach situations. Besides, since slavery isn't exactly commonplace, hypotheticals are the only thing we can rely on for discussion purposes. Furthermore, I do not believe my example is not "too hypothetical" or otherwise worded that way.

As for your situation:

1. Such a chip is impossible. It's very easy to prove that.

2. What's the point? No question is asked in your situation.

3. I'll assume your question is: If I were in the position of power, would I press the button? The answer is: No. People who would answer Yes have mental issues.

Homer_Simpson said:

what kind of fucker approves of slavery?

people need to stop all this stupid shit man, were all human at the end of the day, we should treat each other with dignity and respect

lol I love the way you worded your post. Awesome. I agree.