By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Biggest bomb of the year

APB is the biggest bomb of the year mainly because if you spend $100 million developing a game and it flops so hard that no one is even aware of its existence then it's the biggest bomb the year

FFXIV was a pretty big bomb too

Around the Network
darthdevidem01 said:

lol people saying FFXIV is the biggest haven't heard of APB it seems.

ffxiv is only still here because its final fantasy and its backed by square.  if it had a different name and/or a less well off backer then it would be shut down too.

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

kevinrize said:

APB sounds like a massive bomb but i haven't played it so i'll go with Red Steel 2 as it's not selling well even if it's at Ubisofts expectations.

What does you playing it have to do with it being a bomb or not?

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

APB, FFIV, Blur all massive losses of money and potential

On my beloved Wii

NMH2 - Sadly, I guess the novelty wore off.

PoP (which bombed on all consoles but the Wii version is actually the best rated and best of it's kind on the system making it all the more tragic)

NBA Jam (also bombed on all consoles but had sales potential on Wii if EA didn't f--- it up so bad and over charge so f---ing much - $10 more than the HD versions with less content on a former exclusive - WTF?)

And not quite 'bombs' but certainly sales disappointments for otherwise good if not great games:

Metroid:OM,

Kirby: EY

Disney: EM

(hmmm... a trend?)

RS2

NHL Slapshot/NHL2K11

Shorty11857 said:

APB is the biggest bomb of the year mainly because if you spend $100 million developing a game and it flops so hard that no one is even aware of its existence then it's the biggest bomb the year

FFXIV was a pretty big bomb too

More like the bomb of the decade.

Above: still the best game of the year.

Around the Network

I think APB is the winner Alpha Protocal was pretty disappointing too.

"They think I'm crazy, but I know better. It is not I who am crazy, it is I who am MAD!"

"Bolshe, luchshe, I kruche"

Notorius.A.i.G said:

Enslaved and Castlevania.

Both quality games. I think most people are just refering to sales when deciding on what game is a bomb.

If you want a real bomb in every aspect look no further then Need for Speed hot pursuit Wii.

Move and Kinect

Failed to do what they were intended to do, Wii still dominates

axt113 said:

Move and Kinect

Kinect was inteded to increase MS' casual audience and increase sales. Mission accomplished.

You = fail.

Jadedx said:
axt113 said:

Move and Kinect

Kinect was inteded to increase MS' casual audience and increase sales. Mission accomplished.

You = fail.

Sounds like what Bush said after they failed to find the WMD's , when are you landing on the aircraft carrier

Face it, Kinect was designed to beat the Wii, yet Wii is still outselling MS