By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Biggest bomb of the year

axt113 said:
Jadedx said:
axt113 said:

Move and Kinect

Failed to do what they were intended to do, Wii still dominates

Kinect was inteded to increase MS' casual audience and increase sales. Mission accomplished.

You = fail.

Sounds like what Bush said after they failed to find the WMD's , when are you landing on the aircraft carrier

Face it, Kinect was designed to beat the Wii, yet Wii is still outselling MS

MS planned on selling 5 million for the whole year, last year Wii sold almost 4 million in 1 month in America alone. If MS planned on kinect beating Wii then they would of predicted 8-10 million.

You= fail again.

Around the Network
Jadedx said:
axt113 said:
Jadedx said:
axt113 said:

Move and Kinect

Kinect was inteded to increase MS' casual audience and increase sales. Mission accomplished.

You = fail.

Sounds like what Bush said after they failed to find the WMD's , when are you landing on the aircraft carrier

MS planned on selling 5 million for the whole year, last year Wii sold almost 4 million in 1 month in America alone. If MS planned on kinect beating Wii then they would of predicted 8-10 million.

You= fail again.

Not if they were intending Wii sales to drop off as a result

Do you really think MS would have put so much hype and ad money behind Kinect if they merely intended it to get soundly beaten by Wii?

"Yeah we're releasing this new add-on and hyping it to the moon as revolutionary, but its going to be utterly blown away by the Wii and result in us staying in second place for the rest of the gen"

Alan Wake and Metroid Other M. Despite both titles has high quality the have sold very poorly:

Alan Wake was released this spring and it has only sold 0.82M worldwide.

Metrod Other M was released in September and only has sold 0.61M worldwide.

Both were very hyped games but the users didn't respond.

axt113 said:
Jadedx said:
axt113 said:
Jadedx said:
axt113 said:

Move and Kinect

You = fail.

You= fail again.

Not if they were intending Wii sales to drop off as a result

Do you really think MS would have put so much hype and ad money behind Kinect if they merely intended it to get soundly beaten by Wii?

"Yeah we're releasing this new add-on and hyping it to the moon as revolutionary, but its going to be utterly blown away by the Wii and result in us staying in second place for the rest of the gen"

Link?

None? Didn't think so.

You = fail

Alan Wake and Other M. I didnt really follow up with Blur so i dont know what to say abt it.

Epic Mickey is doing pretty well actually...

Around the Network
Beuli2 said:
Shorty11857 said:

APB is the biggest bomb of the year mainly because if you spend $100 million developing a game and it flops so hard that no one is even aware of its existence then it's the biggest bomb the year

FFXIV was a pretty big bomb too

More like the bomb of the decade.

Yes! But that sill makes it only the bomb of the year

2010 = first year of decade darthripoff

patapon said:
Beuli2 said:
Shorty11857 said:

APB is the biggest bomb of the year mainly because if you spend $100 million developing a game and it flops so hard that no one is even aware of its existence then it's the biggest bomb the year

Actually 2011 is the first year of the next decade, 2010 is the last year of this decade.

Jadedx said:
patapon said:
Beuli2 said:
Shorty11857 said:

Actually 2011 is the first year of the next decade, 2010 is the last year of this decade.

Hmm... I wikied this and sure enough... guess I was incorrect! D:

statement fixed for accuracy

1. ABP

2.FF

3.GT5

4.ALAN WAKE

In my opinion, Splinter Cell: Conviction.

Followed by FFXIV and Vanquish.

dunno001:

"Needless to say, I've never trusted them, or, frankly, any other review source. What I do trust, is what I see with my own eyes and play with my own hands."

Favorite Games of All-Time:

1.  Star Ocean 3   2. Kingdom Hearts:  Birth by Sleep  3. Kingdom Hearts 1/2  4.  Metal Gear Solid 4    5.  Super Mario 3  6.  Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess/Ocarina of Time  7. Uncharted 2