By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - What Will The Overall 360 / PS3 Gap Be At Years End ?

What Will The Overall 360 / PS3 Gap Be At Years End ?

4.5 - 4.6 Million 61 26.87%

4.6 - 4.7 Million 27 11.89%

4.8 - 4.9 Million 30 13.22%

5.0 - 5.5 Million 109 48.02%

Total:227
jarrod said:
fps_d0minat0r said:
Mistershine said:
fps_d0minat0r said:

why is the gap increasing? whats making xbox sell? its games lineup isnt half as impressive as ps3's.

To who? It's all subjective.

yeah i suppose your right.

games like uncharted, killzone, resistance, LBP mean nothing to some people. while kinect is amazing fun. (no sarcasm)

i believe in magic, except i call it marketing.

ZZZZZZ.  So Dude Raider, Bush grade FPS and floaty Euro platformers with bagpeople aren't for everyone, get over it.

360's had an excellent lineup this year for most (Halo Reach, Fable III, Mass Effect 2, Alan Wake, Monster Hunter Frontier, Splinter Cell Conviction, Crackdown 2, Mass Effect 2, etc), it's hardly just marketing that's selling it to the masses.

I see just as many move and ps3 adds. So you can talk it up all you want but 360 is a force to be reckoned with. OH YEAA!

Around the Network
psrock said:

10 million, I will stick to it.

Your lack of faith in the PS3 amazes me. B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Majority says 5 million or more.  It will have to have some good weeks coming up.

i think this poll is a little biased because you are assuming the xbox is going to outsell the ps3.  currently the gap is 4 - 4.1 million.  all of the choices are above that mark.

Check out my video game music blog:

http://games-and-guitars.synergize.co/

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

He who hesitates is lost

cloud1161 said:

i think this poll is a little biased because you are assuming the xbox is going to outsell the ps3.  currently the gap is 4 - 4.1 million.  all of the choices are above that mark.

Well it's a little obvious this post is biased!

Prediction for console Lifetime sales:

Wii:100-120 million, PS3:80-110 million, 360:70-100 million

[Prediction Made 11/5/2009]

3DS: 65m, PSV: 22m, Wii U: 18-22m, PS4: 80-120m, X1: 35-55m

I gauruntee the PS5 comes out after only 5-6 years after the launch of the PS4.

[Prediction Made 6/18/2014]

Around the Network
cloud1161 said:

Then again, it seems unlikely that the PS3 will turn things around with the incredible numbers the 360 is pulling in the Americas right now. I suppose it is technically possible with massive surges in Japan and EMEAA where the PS3 dominates the 360 but it seems improbable at this point, Japan is simply not a big market like EMEAA and Americas and EMEAA has smaller holiday boosts compared to population and usually rises more gradually instead of leaping (more balanced market in terms of variety in economic prowess and big variations in retail offerings, distribution networks and local preference).

@Ps3beats360

I like how you proclaim that those doubting the PS3 sales are heretics yet you yourself not willing to bet that the gap will be more than 4M by the end of December.. Quite ironic... Have you collided with the wall of realism and are repenting for your past endeavours?

Disconnect and self destruct, one bullet a time.

5m seems about right. The HD race is quite interesting; wonder who'll be on top next year.

“These are my principles; if you don’t like them, I have others.” – Groucho Marx

as someone above said this HD race is interesting,with the fact that over the years ps3 is supposed have overtaken the 360.yet time has shown us that it is only a back and forth race.i for one expect the 360 to keep gaining on the ps3 even if it is just by creeping along.

that said 360/ps3 gap at year end to me should look like this 5.0mil-45 mil.just me thoughts. 

Don,t be Fanboys,Be Gamefans,Play games 4ever...GAME ON(msn)

4.7 Million at the end of this year before adjustments.