By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - What Will The Overall 360 / PS3 Gap Be At Years End ?

What Will The Overall 360 / PS3 Gap Be At Years End ?

4.5 - 4.6 Million 61 26.87%

4.6 - 4.7 Million 27 11.89%

4.8 - 4.9 Million 30 13.22%

5.0 - 5.5 Million 109 48.02%

Total:227
Carl2291 said:

4.7 Million at the end of this year before adjustments.

I don't know if there are going to be anymore adjustments on the scale as before, the "Others" region in EMEAA now accounts for quite a slice, unless of course NPD has PS3 tracking drastically more than VGC for December

Disconnect and self destruct, one bullet a time.

Around the Network

My predictions for Worldwide sold through the week ending 1/1/2011:

Xbox 360: 50,433,138

PS3: 45,754,092

Gap: 4,679,046

Looks like the last option is going to end up correct. The year end totals should be close to:

360 - 51.23M

PS3 - 46.19M

Gap - 5.04M

what kind of adjustemt where there made? i cant see it anywhere€

jarrod said:

ZZZZZZ.  So Dude Raider, Bush grade FPS and floaty Euro platformers with bagpeople aren't for everyone, get over it.

360's had an excellent lineup this year for most (Halo Reach, Fable III, Mass Effect 2, Alan Wake, Monster Hunter Frontier, Splinter Cell Conviction, Crackdown 2, Mass Effect 2, etc), it's hardly just marketing that's selling it to the masses.

You know when a game's just that good you really have to list it twice! ;-p

I know an old post, but yeah...

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

Around the Network

how is 360 at 51.2 sold when articles are statting it shipped over 50M wouldnt they say 51, 52, or 53?

Play Me

BHR-3 said:

how is 360 at 51.2 sold when articles are statting it shipped over 50M wouldnt they say 51, 52, or 53?

Well. 50M is a pretty round number. They did say over 50M so they could just be rounding down to 50M.

we should all wait until the end of January for any adjustments after the companies release their official numbers

Mistershine said:
fps_d0minat0r said:

why is the gap increasing? whats making xbox sell? its games lineup isnt half as impressive as ps3's.

To who? It's all subjective.

Well said.

fps_d0minat0r said:

why is the gap increasing? whats making xbox sell? its games lineup isnt half as impressive as ps3's.

While i totally agree that PS3 has a better lineup, Forza and Gears 3 will probably sell on par with all those PS3 exclusives combined. UC3 and KZ3 will sell great, but do you really think The Last Guardian is gonna do so well? LBP2 should not be forgotten, but i don't think it will sell as well as LBP1.

And Kinect is huge, so that is gonna keep selling new consoles, especially with the inevitable price drops.