By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - After Some Analysis I believe Reggie is Not BS About the Record

@johnlucas @ 20 million HA! [Miss Edna K from simpsons style]

"Why isn't samus in a mario kart game?"

Around the Network

What part of the statement "a MINIMUM of 1.8 Million a month" do people not understand?

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

omgwtfbbq said:
well considering Nintendo has production at 1.8 million per month, and we're currently selling at greater than 600k per week (ie, 2.4 million per month), those extra consoles have to come from somewhere.

Retail channel in europe? Germany is still not sold out, France retail channel seems to be healthy. Japan could be stocked?

And don't forget, it takes 20 days from Factory to Retailer. Thats the time the ship needs. Maybe they taking for the US holidays things with a aircraft? Could explain why some of the retailer don't get refill until Jan. With aircraft it should only take a week from producutin->retailer. That would give an extra from about 1 Million Units. Befor Christmass, but would leave an empty spot after crhistmass.

The Wii is sold out at amazon.de by the way. The ds is now availible there. The Wii was good availible at Toys'R'us however (at least in my town).

Faxanadu said:
What part of the statement "a MINIMUM of 1.8 Million a month" do people not understand?

a MINIMUM of 1.8 Million a month

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

Yeah right.

Nintendo is massively lying to their customers... because that's part of their Blue Ocean strategy?
They are keeping their stockpiles until after Christmas because... they may sell it next year? Or how about storing them for a hundred years and then selling them for a HUGE profit?

You people are just caught up in an idea that has been thoroughly debunked.

No stockpiles.
Less than 19 million shipped by the end of the year.
Still fastest selling console ever.
End of story.

Hardcore gaming is a bubble economy blown up by Microsoft's $7 $6 billion losses.

Around the Network

"No stockpiles.
Less than 19 million shipped by the end of the year.
Still fastest selling console ever.
End of story."

Finish Line Victory!

01000110 01101111 01110010 00100000 01001001 01111001 01101111 01101100 01100001 01101000 00100001 00100000 01000110 01101111 01110010 00100000 01000101 01110100 01100101 01110010 01101110 01101001 01110100 01111001 00100001 00100000

yea... no stockpiles my ass...
just got back from best buy, ours got 70, the other one in town got 150... Target(next door to BB) got over 75 also.. WHERE DID THEY ALL COME FROM?

psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.

@ WOJTAS...many consoles have sold more then a million in a week... the DS has done it this week, the PS2 and PS1 also did it...

Why not add me on msn... ish_187@hotmail.co.uk

- - - > ¤ « ~ N i n t e n d o ~ » ¤ < - - -
Games purchased since December 30th 2006:
GBA:The Legend of Zelda:The Minish Cap
DS:Lunar Knights, Pokemon Diamond, The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass ,Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Hotel Dusk:Room 215, Mario vs DK 2: March of the Mini's and Picross DS
PS2: Devil May Cry 3:Dante's Awakening, Shadow of the Colosuss, Sega Mega Drive Collection, XIII , Sonic Mega Collection,Fifa 08 and Fifa 09.
GC:Fight Night Round 2
Wii VC:Super Mario 64 ,Lylat Wars ,Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest, Super Castlevania IV, Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Streets of Rage, Kirby's Adventure, Super Metroid, Super Mario Bros. 3, Mega Man 2Street Fighter 2 Turbo: Hyper Fighting,Wave Race 64 and Lost Winds

Wii: Sonic and the Secret Rings, Godfather:Blackhand Edition, Red Steel, Tony Hawks Downhill Jam, Eledees, Rayman Raving Rabbids, Mario Strikers Charged Football,Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Super Mario Galaxy,House of the Dead 2 and 3 Return, Wii Fit, No More Heroes and Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

X360: Spider Man
PS3:
Resistance: Fall of Man

johnlucas said:

20 Million worldwide.

Wii.

End of 2007...Calendar Year.

Prepare.

John Lucas 

Get real dude. Wii still has 3.79 mil to go in 3 weeks.

Wii is currently selling at ~600k Ww. That means at a rate of 2.400.000+ units every month at it's current rate. That is well above the 1.8 mil they were creating every month. So yes, there is a stockpile.

But even if Nintendo managed to sell 1 mil 1 week for 3 months in a row (Which i highly doubt is possible) it wouldn't reach that 20 million mark of yours so my answer is no.

Not managable.

THE NETHERLANDS

StarcraftManiac said:
johnlucas said:

20 Million worldwide.

Wii.

End of 2007...Calendar Year.

Prepare.

John Lucas

Get real dude. Wii still has 3.79 mil to go in 3 weeks.

Wii is currently selling at ~600k Ww. That means at a rate of 2.400.000+ units every month at it's current rate. That is well above the 1.8 mil they were creating every month. So yes, there is a stockpile.

But even if Nintendo managed to sell 1 mil 1 week for 3 months in a row (Which i highly doubt is possible) it wouldn't reach that 20 million mark of yours so my answer is no.

Not managable.

From looking at people's expectations this week, they expect around 1 million Wii's in NA and 500k in Europe plus 100k in Japan minimum.  Most likely Europe could get around 750k if NA gets 1 million.

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.