By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - According to IGN Xbox 360 to have an amazing lineup in 2011

DonFerrari said:
d21lewis said:
Darth Tigris said:

But-but-but the 360 doesn't have any exclusives next year other than GeoW3.  PS3 line up for 2011 is infinitely better.  VGC community told me so.

Yeah!  The PS3 line up for 2011 has too many good games!!  We're all going to go broke next year!  Curse you Sony for making us buy so many good games!!

(Obligation fulfilled.)

This is my problem in supporting 5 Gaming devices... it's impossible to buy all good games they have... so i stick with the one that have the most games I like... and everyone can guess which is...

Well you're in Brazil so I'd imagine the only game you'd be playing is Beach Booty Bongo Bash.

Around the Network
Nsanity said:

Meta score or not, the quality of halo series speaks for itself.

As I already said when I quoted Seece, it's subjective, far away from being a fact. And meta scores don't mean anything either.

2012 - Top 3 [so far]

#1                                       #2                                      #3

Rare actually mentioned Killer Instinct 3 in one of their tweets. So there is in fact a chance of that

Bet with Conegamer and Doobie_wop 

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

Darth Tigris said:

But-but-but the 360 doesn't have any exclusives next year other than GeoW3.  PS3 line up for 2011 is infinitely better.  VGC community told me so.

Did you notice the part where they implied that the games were not yet announced?

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

As i have said before i would not be surprised one bit to see the next GTA go timed exclusive on 360. The $50m MS spent on those episodes seem way too much especially considering they went on to PS3 in the end anyway.

But as things are right now on any of the consoles there is only one AAA confirmed for next year and that is Gears 3. Everything else doesn't have the 5m-6m sales potential. It could end up being a weak software year unless things start getting announced.

Around the Network
Squilliam said:

Theres no point in arguing. Everyone knows that the Wii, PS3 and Xbox 360 libraries are totally destroyed by Farmville.

at least when people say a game is better because have more users.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

I don't think the 360 2011 exclusive lineup is as bad as people are making it seem. Gears and Forza are already confirmed. MS looks like their pushing Codename Kingdoms. And their is a rumored Halo : Remake. Add in the Kinect games and all the new IP's and you've got a good lineup.

Who's the best Pac, Nas, and Big. Just leave it to that.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Slaughterhouse Is The Sh*t  .... NOW ........ B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Seece said:
Torillian said:
Seece said:
Torillian said:

downplaying another console's lineup by calling the games overhyped seems like kind a shitty thing to do, but if you want to go that route it can go against the 360 as well.

I remember quite a few people predicting ME2 type Meta for Halo Reach and now it sits at 91: overhyped (while I'm on the subject I dinstintly remember you claming Halo was in a totally different league from Killzone 2 based on Meta, so I find it hilarious that Reach has the same meta as KZ2)

Alan Wake was another contendor for 9 's with many people simply assuming it would beat out Heavy Rain and it didn't: overhyped

Fable 3 again a game where people were thinking Fable would finally get in the 9's and instead it's at 8.0

So if we're just going to discount lineups based on what we deem as overhyped games, maybe the 360 didn't have the banner 2010 people like to think.

Predicting metascores /= overhyping. I was wrong to compare games quality to meta previously, but still doesn't change fact Halo IS leagues ahead of Killzone, I'm not expecting you to agree though Tor.

From what I can remember, Halo was overhyped here, but everything else not so much.

I wasn't discounting PS3's lineup, stop making things up, I said 360 SW > PS3. and that's IMO obviously.

if predicting a game to be better than it was isn't overhyping then you are just defining it as your general feeling of how excited people were, which is a completely arbitrary and BS scale that can never be proven or disproven and therefore has no purpose in a reasonable argument.

I think in general meta is a good indicator of a game's quality, but I can't agree with your argument that a few points difference makes a game in a different league.

That isn't my argument, and that's not why Halo is in a different league, the franchise speaks for itself (Halo that is)

I'm not debating the games quality, I'm sure they're all very good games, but they were overhyped, meaning they'd never achieve what the people here would have you believe (and all over the net) like I said, apart from Reach, I don't see any other 360 games being the same, perhaps Alan Wake in some respects.

FM3 were way overhyped by the publisher... saying they never bullshot (and admited they did later) and that they would be muuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuch better than any GT would ever be... did they live to the hype? just in the eyes of people who just see what they want...

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

kiefer23 said:
bannedagain said:
BengaBenga said:

I don't care for exclusives simply because they're exclusive.

As long as Deus Ex: Human Revolution, LA Noire and Assassin's Creed III deliver I'm a happy man.

But Lost Odyssey 2 would be great

Yea lost odyssey 2 would be nice!

Halo CE remake (full on Reach engine remake, not XBLA junk) and Lost Odyssey 2 and I'm set all year. Assassin's Creed 3 would be the cherry on top which I think is schedulled to come out towards the end of next year.

Edit: Lots of people have been wanting a Sequel to Lost Odyssey. Someone at Microsoft needs to listen and do something about it!

I'll never understand why people starve for a yearly serialization of games... not everything should become like sports games... cods are already overbearing, plus halo, ac, etc... what a bothersome gen...

DonFerrari said:
Seece said:

That isn't my argument, and that's not why Halo is in a different league, the franchise speaks for itself (Halo that is)

I'm not debating the games quality, I'm sure they're all very good games, but they were overhyped, meaning they'd never achieve what the people here would have you believe (and all over the net) like I said, apart from Reach, I don't see any other 360 games being the same, perhaps Alan Wake in some respects.

FM3 were way overhyped by the publisher... saying they never bullshot (and admited they did later) and that they would be muuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuch better than any GT would ever be... did they live to the hype? just in the eyes of people who just see what they want...

So everyone that sees Forza 3 as better than GT5 is seeing what they want to see? lol