By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - According to IGN Xbox 360 to have an amazing lineup in 2011

LovePeace said:
Aldro said:
LovePeace said:

360 this year had ME2 , AW , CRackdown2 , Fable 3 , Reach and Conviction... Pretty much destroyed Ps3.

2009 Ps3 destroyed 360

Are you serious?

ME2 is on the PC (and coming to the PS3).

Crackdown 2 was a let down compared to Crackdown 1.

Fable 3 is coming to the PC.

Conviction is on the PC.

When to me, I have a GREAT PC, a PS3 and a X360, the games you listed are far frome "destroyed". The only thing I'll give you is Reach and Alan wake. Toss in Crackdown 2 if you wish and Fable 3.

Whilst on the PS3, I experienced God of War 3, Gran Turismo 5, Heavy Rain, Massive Action Game and Modnation racers. (We're not talking betas here but the LBP2 beta and Killzone 3 beta did help majorly for me LOL). Since we're clearly talking opinions, 2010 is at the very least a draw to me. Considering the PS3 had the superior line up in 2008 AND 2009 (Just take a look at the awards on 08 and 09 on whatever site), you would have thought Microsoft would step their game up in 2010. 2010 was a good year for the X360, but it still wasn't as good as it could have been considering Sony had their worstyear and yet manage to get a draw. This topic is however about 2011 and while I do believe the X360 will have some great games, most topics in forums all over the net will be crowded with different PS3 games and only a few about the 360 games.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Every 360 Game from MS wll come to Pc , i dont give a sh** u cant play it on Ps3 so its exclusive than 360 owned Ps3

Then the game isn't exclusive as it is can not be experienced at just ONE place. Thats like saying I own two ice cream shops, Aldro's Dick shop and Aldro's pussy shop.

Everyone goes to the dick shop for the exclusive cherry ice cream with vanilla flavour but the pussy shop also has the ice cream. That doesn't mean its exclusive to Aldro's dick shop, but its exclusive to ALDRO. The games are microsoft exclusives but we're talking the 360 only here.

Aside from the PS3's 10 exclusives that are due to 2011(delays or not) I don't count games like DC Universe or The Agency etc. They are NOT exclusive.

Around the Network
kiefer23 said:

Halo CE remake (full on Reach engine remake, not XBLA junk) and Lost Odyssey 2 and I'm set all year. Assassin's Creed 3 would be the cherry on top which I think is schedulled to come out towards the end of next year.

Edit: Lots of people have been wanting a Sequel to Lost Odyssey. Someone at Microsoft needs to listen and do something about it!

If it's not by Mistwalker, no thanks.

That said, I would prefer a PS3 exclusive JRPG from them, published by Sony. They gave the 360 two exclusives, they're making a Wii game, now it's the PS3's turn. Sadly, I don't have high hopes of it happening.

Edit: Ugh, this thread has gone to shit.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

bannedagain said:
BengaBenga said:

I don't care for exclusives simply because they're exclusive.

As long as Deus Ex: Human Revolution, LA Noire and Assassin's Creed III deliver I'm a happy man.

But Lost Odyssey 2 would be great

Yea lost odyssey 2 would be nice!

i think a bludragon 2 will be more likely for some reason, but lost oddessey was nice so a sequel cant hurt

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Darth Tigris said:
DonFerrari said:
Darth Tigris said:
DonFerrari said:
d21lewis said:
Darth Tigris said:

But-but-but the 360 doesn't have any exclusives next year other than GeoW3.  PS3 line up for 2011 is infinitely better.  VGC community told me so.

Yeah!  The PS3 line up for 2011 has too many good games!!  We're all going to go broke next year!  Curse you Sony for making us buy so many good games!!

(Obligation fulfilled.)

This is my problem in supporting 5 Gaming devices... it's impossible to buy all good games they have... so i stick with the one that have the most games I like... and everyone can guess which is...

Well you're in Brazil so I'd imagine the only game you'd be playing is Beach Booty Bongo Bash.

meaning?

Sorry, I shortened it too much: Brazilian Beautiful Babe Beach Booty Bongo Bash.  

Now it makes more sense =]

@Nsanity: I have no problem with Turn10 hyping their game and saying it's the best ever, as I think ever publisher should always aim at the top (but lying is not a good thing... if they really believe they are the best do it, but saying they don't bullshot were a lie they assumed latter)... the only thing I were saying is about people thinking that only PS3 can be overhyped, because allllll Xbox360 games live to everybody expectation... and one may like GT or Forza, and think one is better, but to say one is like 5 generations ahead is really silly.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:
kiefer23 said:
bannedagain said:
BengaBenga said:

As long as Deus Ex: Human Revolution, LA Noire and Assassin's Creed III deliver I'm a happy man.

Halo CE remake (full on Reach engine remake, not XBLA junk) and Lost Odyssey 2 and I'm set all year. Assassin's Creed 3 would be the cherry on top which I think is schedulled to come out towards the end of next year.

Edit: Lots of people have been wanting a Sequel to Lost Odyssey. Someone at Microsoft needs to listen and do something about it!

I'll never understand why people starve for a yearly serialization of games... not everything should become like sports games... cods are already overbearing, plus halo, ac, etc... what a bothersome gen...

If it's a damn good series and the games maintain their quality the more the better. Sports games are trash because they have 1 year development time and improve on small things. Not the biggest fan of COD but they have 2 years so they manage. All Halo main titles have had 3 years plus development time.

Around the Network
Nsanity said:
DonFerrari said:
Seece said:
DonFerrari said:
Seece said:

That isn't my argument, and that's not why Halo is in a different league, the franchise speaks for itself (Halo that is)

I'm not debating the games quality, I'm sure they're all very good games, but they were overhyped, meaning they'd never achieve what the people here would have you believe (and all over the net) like I said, apart from Reach, I don't see any other 360 games being the same, perhaps Alan Wake in some respects.

FM3 were way overhyped by the publisher... saying they never bullshot (and admited they did later) and that they would be muuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuch better than any GT would ever be... did they live to the hype? just in the eyes of people who just see what they want...

So everyone that sees Forza 3 as better than GT5 is seeing what they want to see? lol

No... but anyone that say they didn't overhyped or that they never bullshoted, or that FM3 is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than GT5 is really dumb... preffer one or another okay, but treat one as a atari game and the other as a car itself is plain stupidity

Twisted Metal, M.A.G, Infamous and Resistance are hyped by it's own developers so not like it's against the law or anything when Turn 10 decides to do it.

Yep, GT5 was being overhyped long before Forza Motorsport 3 was even announced. And they've been posting bullshots (Photomode) for the past 3-4 years. Never mind though It's ok for PD to overhype.

CGI-Quality said:
kiefer23 said:
Nsanity said:

Twisted Metal, M.A.G, Infamous and Resistance are hyped by it's own developers so not like it's against the law or anything when Turn 10 decides to do it.

Yep, GT5 was being overhyped long before Forza Motorsport 3 was even announced. And they've been posting bullshots (Photomode) for the past 3-4 years. Never mind though It's ok for PD to overhype.

Even though there were bullshots posted in both cases. But we ignore that when it doesn't fit an argument, it seems.

True. I'll gladly point out faults with Turn 10 to though.

Turn 10 did flat out lie at one point. They said the High resolution model cars that are in the photomode screenshots were the ones actually used in-game.  Once the demo came out and people discovered  lower quality models were used for in-game Turn 10 pulled out the excuse that they had to remove the high resolution vehicles from gameplay because of hardware constraints. Again probably true but if they knew they'd never be able to do it they shouldn't say it in the first place.

But no developer would ever talk about their upcoming game in a negative way. It would impact sales or hype so we're stuck in this position where the developers/publishers just bullshit the customers generating false hype.

You discover all the cutbacks or missing features after you've handed over your money.

Aldro said:

Then the game isn't exclusive as it is can not be experienced at just ONE place. Thats like saying I own two ice cream shops, Aldro's Dick shop and Aldro's pussy shop.

Everyone goes to the dick shop for the exclusive cherry ice cream with vanilla flavour but the pussy shop also has the ice cream. That doesn't mean its exclusive to Aldro's dick shop, but its exclusive to ALDRO. The games are microsoft exclusives but we're talking the 360 only here.

Aside from the PS3's 10 exclusives that are due to 2011(delays or not) I don't count games like DC Universe or The Agency etc. They are NOT exclusive.

Really? This again?

They are console exclusives, move on. Can someone slap this guy

Bet with Conegamer and Doobie_wop 

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

AussieGecko said:
Aldro said:

Really? This again?

They are console exclusives, move on. Can someone slap this guy

Ah console exclusives. You don't acknowledge the PC as the gaming beast it is :>

All im saying is, X360 can have an amazing line up sure and it WILL. But when we're talking about exclusive games that can only be experienced on the 360 and nooowhere else, calling games like Splinter cell conviction as exclusives I PERSONALLY found to be misleading. Only after I got my 360 I relised how I didn't need it at all. Just wanted to explain myself, Ill slap myself on the way out.

kiefer23 said:
DonFerrari said:
kiefer23 said:
bannedagain said:
BengaBenga said:

I'll never understand why people starve for a yearly serialization of games... not everything should become like sports games... cods are already overbearing, plus halo, ac, etc... what a bothersome gen...

If it's a damn good series and the games maintain their quality the more the better. Sports games are trash because they have 1 year development time and improve on small things. Not the biggest fan of COD but they have 2 years so they manage. All Halo main titles have had 3 years plus development time.

M$ said it wanted to transform Halo in a yearly franchise... and altough COD have 2 years development, one out each year gets old really quickly

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."