By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - According to IGN Xbox 360 to have an amazing lineup in 2011

Seece said:
Torillian said:

downplaying another console's lineup by calling the games overhyped seems like kind a shitty thing to do, but if you want to go that route it can go against the 360 as well.

I remember quite a few people predicting ME2 type Meta for Halo Reach and now it sits at 91: overhyped (while I'm on the subject I dinstintly remember you claming Halo was in a totally different league from Killzone 2 based on Meta, so I find it hilarious that Reach has the same meta as KZ2)

Alan Wake was another contendor for 9 's with many people simply assuming it would beat out Heavy Rain and it didn't: overhyped

Fable 3 again a game where people were thinking Fable would finally get in the 9's and instead it's at 8.0

So if we're just going to discount lineups based on what we deem as overhyped games, maybe the 360 didn't have the banner 2010 people like to think.

Predicting metascores /= overhyping. I was wrong to compare games quality to meta previously, but still doesn't change fact Halo IS leagues ahead of Killzone, I'm not expecting you to agree though Tor.

From what I can remember, Halo was overhyped here, but everything else not so much.

I wasn't discounting PS3's lineup, stop making things up, I said 360 SW > PS3. and that's IMO obviously.

if predicting a game to be better than it was isn't overhyping then you are just defining it as your general feeling of how excited people were, which is a completely arbitrary and BS scale that can never be proven or disproven and therefore has no purpose in a reasonable argument.

I think in general meta is a good indicator of a game's quality, but I can't agree with your argument that a few points difference makes a game in a different league.

Around the Network
Torillian said:
Seece said:
Torillian said:

downplaying another console's lineup by calling the games overhyped seems like kind a shitty thing to do, but if you want to go that route it can go against the 360 as well.

I remember quite a few people predicting ME2 type Meta for Halo Reach and now it sits at 91: overhyped (while I'm on the subject I dinstintly remember you claming Halo was in a totally different league from Killzone 2 based on Meta, so I find it hilarious that Reach has the same meta as KZ2)

Alan Wake was another contendor for 9 's with many people simply assuming it would beat out Heavy Rain and it didn't: overhyped

Fable 3 again a game where people were thinking Fable would finally get in the 9's and instead it's at 8.0

So if we're just going to discount lineups based on what we deem as overhyped games, maybe the 360 didn't have the banner 2010 people like to think.

Predicting metascores /= overhyping. I was wrong to compare games quality to meta previously, but still doesn't change fact Halo IS leagues ahead of Killzone, I'm not expecting you to agree though Tor.

From what I can remember, Halo was overhyped here, but everything else not so much.

I wasn't discounting PS3's lineup, stop making things up, I said 360 SW > PS3. and that's IMO obviously.

if predicting a game to be better than it was isn't overhyping then you are just defining it as your general feeling of how excited people were, which is a completely arbitrary and BS scale that can never be proven or disproven and therefore has no purpose in a reasonable argument.

I think in general meta is a good indicator of a game's quality, but I can't agree with your argument that a few points difference makes a game in a different league.

That isn't my argument, and that's not why Halo is in a different league, the franchise speaks for itself (Halo that is)

I'm not debating the games quality, I'm sure they're all very good games, but they were overhyped, meaning they'd never achieve what the people here would have you believe (and all over the net) like I said, apart from Reach, I don't see any other 360 games being the same, perhaps Alan Wake in some respects.

I want microsoft to make more games like alan wake. But wow its gonna be hard for Microsoft ot beat SOny next year

Seece said:
Torillian said:

Great, so your opinion is fact now...

Dude, you can't be serious. It's not a fact, not objective. It's subjective!

OT: I hope for some great games; only game I'm currently sure I will buy is Gears 3.

2012 - Top 3 [so far]

#1                                       #2                                      #3

LovePeace said:

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Every 360 Game from MS wll come to Pc , i dont give a sh** u cant play it on Ps3 so its exclusive than 360 owned Ps3.

Umm, I could start a list war now (which would be stupid, and someone else will do it anyway).

Just because you're not interested in any PS3 game doesn't mean that it got owned. It had tons of exclusives this year.

2012 - Top 3 [so far]

#1                                       #2                                      #3

Around the Network

a new killer instinct,banjo,halo remake,doa 5 ,elder scrolls 5 a timed exclusive would be sweet, forza 4.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

This isn't suprising, Microsoft used to announce their exclusives few months before release. And they obviously were going to have more than 2 exclusives next year (Kingdom and Gears). I just hope it's not flooded by Kinect games.

bannedagain said:
BengaBenga said:

I don't care for exclusives simply because they're exclusive.

As long as Deus Ex: Human Revolution, LA Noire and Assassin's Creed III deliver I'm a happy man.

But Lost Odyssey 2 would be great

Yea lost odyssey 2 would be nice!

Halo CE remake (full on Reach engine remake, not XBLA junk) and Lost Odyssey 2 and I'm set all year. Assassin's Creed 3 would be the cherry on top which I think is schedulled to come out towards the end of next year.

Edit: Lots of people have been wanting a Sequel to Lost Odyssey. Someone at Microsoft needs to listen and do something about it!

ghaleon1980 said:

1.) A new Halo game in 2011?  Definitely, MS already said they want it to be a yearly endeavor like COD.

2.) Gears of war 3?  Already announced and a definite release.

3.)A big IP from Rare?  Either a new Perfect Dark or Killer Instinct for sure. 

4.)Don't forget Ms. Explosion Man!  

5.)I'm also expecting another really big XBL release; It's about time for Shadow Complex 2

6.)Left For Dead 3 should come out in 2011.  

7.)Project Kingdoms should prove to be something fun. 

• I think it's too early for another Forza title to be released in 2011.  
  • Alan Wake 2?  No way, considering the last game took something like 5 years to produce.  

Forza games release every 2 years and Forza Motorsport 3 released in october 2009. October 2011 is easily plausable.

I'm pretty sure I recall Dan Greenwalt saying Forza Motorsport 4 (With kinect support) will release next year.

Meta score or not, the quality of halo series speaks for itself.