By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - According to IGN Xbox 360 to have an amazing lineup in 2011

kiefer23 said:
Nsanity said:
DonFerrari said:
Seece said:
DonFerrari said:
Seece said:

That isn't my argument, and that's not why Halo is in a different league, the franchise speaks for itself (Halo that is)

I'm not debating the games quality, I'm sure they're all very good games, but they were overhyped, meaning they'd never achieve what the people here would have you believe (and all over the net) like I said, apart from Reach, I don't see any other 360 games being the same, perhaps Alan Wake in some respects.

FM3 were way overhyped by the publisher... saying they never bullshot (and admited they did later) and that they would be muuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuch better than any GT would ever be... did they live to the hype? just in the eyes of people who just see what they want...

So everyone that sees Forza 3 as better than GT5 is seeing what they want to see? lol

No... but anyone that say they didn't overhyped or that they never bullshoted, or that FM3 is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than GT5 is really dumb... preffer one or another okay, but treat one as a atari game and the other as a car itself is plain stupidity

Twisted Metal, M.A.G, Infamous and Resistance are hyped by it's own developers so not like it's against the law or anything when Turn 10 decides to do it.

Yep, GT5 was being overhyped long before Forza Motorsport 3 was even announced. And they've been posting bullshots (Photomode) for the past 3-4 years. Never mind though It's ok for PD to overhype.

Quote were I said is okay to PD to overhype... what I said is that some Xbox360 fanboys acts as just PS3 titles are overhyped, but never XBOX360 games... and that Sony 1st lies, but never M$, god forbide they are ever wrong.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:
kiefer23 said:
DonFerrari said:
kiefer23 said:
bannedagain said:
BengaBenga said:

I don't care for exclusives simply because they're exclusive.

As long as Deus Ex: Human Revolution, LA Noire and Assassin's Creed III deliver I'm a happy man.

But Lost Odyssey 2 would be great

Yea lost odyssey 2 would be nice!

Halo CE remake (full on Reach engine remake, not XBLA junk) and Lost Odyssey 2 and I'm set all year. Assassin's Creed 3 would be the cherry on top which I think is schedulled to come out towards the end of next year.

Edit: Lots of people have been wanting a Sequel to Lost Odyssey. Someone at Microsoft needs to listen and do something about it!

I'll never understand why people starve for a yearly serialization of games... not everything should become like sports games... cods are already overbearing, plus halo, ac, etc... what a bothersome gen...

If it's a damn good series and the games maintain their quality the more the better. Sports games are trash because they have 1 year development time and improve on small things. Not the biggest fan of COD but they have 2 years so they manage. All Halo main titles have had 3 years plus development time.

M$ said it wanted to transform Halo in a yearly franchise... and altough COD have 2 years development, one out each year gets old really quickly

The 20 million odd people who buy Call of duty every year disagree with you.

And like I said, if they maintain their quality the more the better. One year is a long time, I'll be done and dusted with a game within a month and if it has decent multiplayer I might play it every now and then. In the 11 months I have to wait for the sequel I could play countless other and new games to keep my mind fresh and will have almost earned a full years salary to afford the next game.

Really I think you just dislike Call of duty and Halo so when you hear that the games are going to come out more often you think "ughh boring"

I see you only own Sony platforms (Halo coming out yearly shouldn't bother you at all) and have mostly Rpg's on your game list so I'll leave you with this. Did Final Fantasy become old or stale when VII, VIII and IX came out yearly? No it was fucking awesome! Especially for those that love the games (ME)

I wish SquareEnix would hurry the hell up with versus XIII already, been waiting since 2006!

kiefer23 said:
DonFerrari said:
kiefer23 said:
DonFerrari said:
kiefer23 said:
bannedagain said:
BengaBenga said:

I don't care for exclusives simply because they're exclusive.

As long as Deus Ex: Human Revolution, LA Noire and Assassin's Creed III deliver I'm a happy man.

But Lost Odyssey 2 would be great

Yea lost odyssey 2 would be nice!

Halo CE remake (full on Reach engine remake, not XBLA junk) and Lost Odyssey 2 and I'm set all year. Assassin's Creed 3 would be the cherry on top which I think is schedulled to come out towards the end of next year.

Edit: Lots of people have been wanting a Sequel to Lost Odyssey. Someone at Microsoft needs to listen and do something about it!

I'll never understand why people starve for a yearly serialization of games... not everything should become like sports games... cods are already overbearing, plus halo, ac, etc... what a bothersome gen...

If it's a damn good series and the games maintain their quality the more the better. Sports games are trash because they have 1 year development time and improve on small things. Not the biggest fan of COD but they have 2 years so they manage. All Halo main titles have had 3 years plus development time.

M$ said it wanted to transform Halo in a yearly franchise... and altough COD have 2 years development, one out each year gets old really quickly

The 20 million odd people who buy Call of duty every year disagree with you.

And like I said, if they maintain their quality the more the better. One year is a long time, I'll be done and dusted with a game within a month and if it has decent multiplayer I might play it every now and then. In the 11 months I have to wait for the sequel I could play countless other and new games to keep my mind fresh and will have almost earned a full years salary to afford the next game.

Really I think you just dislike Call of duty and Halo so when you hear that the games are going to come out more often you think "ughh boring"

I see you only own Sony platforms (Halo coming out yearly shouldn't bother you at all) and have mostly Rpg's on your game list so I'll leave you with this. Did Final Fantasy become old or stale when VII, VIII and IX came out yearly? No it was fucking awesome! Especially for those that love the games (ME)

I wish SquareEnix would hurry the hell up with versus XIII already, been waiting since 2006!

I don't dislike Halo or CoD, FPS don't please me... I have some FPS, have a little fun, but MP doesn't make me a happy person... and they releasing those games yearly don't bother me at all... but any franchise that have yearly inputs for a long time become saturated (because you know the next year will be another a little better and maybe decide to wait)... while it's the trend, it will hold, but FPS as other genres will hit the apex and then dimminish because other genre become the norm... games are dynamic... the comparison may not be good, but Guitar Hero made the same trend CoD is now, and probably the end will be similar...

Imagine if CoD MoH Halo KZ Resistance Gears, and every other "major" shooter get early releases... there wouldn't be market for all of them, and possibly one per system would survive, and then fall...

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."