By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
shio said:
Mr Puggsly said:
Foamer said:
Mr Puggsly said:

I never understand why people have so many problems with GFW. I've used it on several computers, works great.

I will admit I did have an issue when updating once. A simple solution was going to GFW.com and downloading the GFW software.

This was my experience on trying to play Batman AA recently, it's far from an uncommon one-

Its not important that I hear your exact experience. I haven't had the same experience you have, it works fine for me.

I've used it on several machines with XP, Vista, and 7 as well.

It's also not important that we hear your experience. The truth is there are thousands of complaints about GFWL, possibly a lot more.

There's a reason why GFWL is on it's death bed after 3 and half years it's launch. You have to wonder how much MS respects PC gamers when they tried to force us to pay for using GFWL, one of the worst DD services on PC.

Why should PC gamers use GFWL, when there are dozens of better DD services on PC? And it's not just Steam, but also Gamersgate, Impulse, Metaboli, Gametap, etc...

Well I'm not the one going on tyrade about GFW. The masses aren't having the same issues.

GFW is hardly in the death bed. They just haven't put much effort in competing with other download services. However, just this year they added a bunch of games and are getting more support from major developers.

Bear in mind MS has ungodly amounts of money. If MS can compete with the likes of NIntendo and Sony, I think its safe to say they can easily dominate Steam if they truly desired.

Edit: I believe you and I have discussed GFW before. I've said before its just a matter of time before GFW gets off the ground and starts becoming a major competitor. Looks like its starting to happen even sooner than I expected.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network

Aww... sounds like someone is a bit angry. GFWL is great, it works and it has great deals! Microsoft is so good for us pc-gamers.

you are pissed because you wasted 5 minutes of your "precious" time? , then by all means, stop playing games and do use your "precious" time on something else.

Mr Puggsly said:
shio said:
Mr Puggsly said:
Foamer said:
Mr Puggsly said:

I never understand why people have so many problems with GFW. I've used it on several computers, works great.

I will admit I did have an issue when updating once. A simple solution was going to GFW.com and downloading the GFW software.

This was my experience on trying to play Batman AA recently, it's far from an uncommon one-

Its not important that I hear your exact experience. I haven't had the same experience you have, it works fine for me.

I've used it on several machines with XP, Vista, and 7 as well.

It's also not important that we hear your experience. The truth is there are thousands of complaints about GFWL, possibly a lot more.

There's a reason why GFWL is on it's death bed after 3 and half years it's launch. You have to wonder how much MS respects PC gamers when they tried to force us to pay for using GFWL, one of the worst DD services on PC.

Why should PC gamers use GFWL, when there are dozens of better DD services on PC? And it's not just Steam, but also Gamersgate, Impulse, Metaboli, Gametap, etc...

Well I'm not the one going on tyrade about GFW. The masses aren't having the same issues.

GFW is hardly in the death bed. They just haven't put much effort in competing with other download services. However, just this year they added a bunch of games and are getting more support from major developers.

Bear in mind MS has ungodly amounts of money. If MS can compete with the likes of NIntendo and Sony, I think its safe to say they can easily dominate Steam if they truly desired.

Edit: I believe you and I have discussed GFW before. I've said before its just a matter of time before GFW gets off the ground and starts becoming a major competitor. Looks like its starting to happen even sooner than I expected.

Well MS's ungodly amount of money didn't stop Steam and PC gamers from forcing MS to make GFWL free.

If MS ever dominates the PC Digital Distribution, you can be damn well sure that they'l force you to pay a monthly subscription just to be able to play PC games (which they already tried to).

GFWL had a HUGE support from major publishers, but guess what happened... Valve stole almost all of it! They didn't even need to throw money to publishers.

Antabus said:

Aww... sounds like someone is a bit angry. GFWL is great, it works and it has great deals! Microsoft is so good for us pc-gamers.

If you want truly great deals, then you gotta wait for Steam's orgasmic christmas sales!!!! It's gonna happen soon.

Around the Network
shio said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Well MS's ungodly amount of money didn't stop Steam and PC gamers from forcing MS to make GFWL free.

If MS ever dominates the PC Digital Distribution, you can be damn well sure that they'l force you to pay a monthly subscription just to be able to play PC games (which they already tried to).

GFWL had a HUGE support from major publishers, but guess what happened... Valve stole almost all of it! They didn't even need to throw money to publishers.

Well I'll explain since you can't seem to do the math yourself.

When was the last time MS published a PC game? 2007 I believe.

People would pay for GFWL if MS offered strong online games. Unfortunately, they don't offer much so charging for online play on the PC was hardly justified.

If MS ever charges for online play on the PC again I just hope they can justify it by offering strong exclusive games that require Live.

Your logic is all wrong. Valve didn't steal anything, developers went to Steam because the masses use Steam. Just recently MS decided to get GFW off the ground by adding a ton of games, deals of the week, the occasional daily deal, etc. As you can its creating a lot of buzz.

Also, you must admit MS did something really smart over the years. They got developers to make GFW a requirement for several popular games. Some of those being popular titles on Steam. A brilliant way to make GFW relevant even for people who use other download services.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

That's why consoles exist for casual pc gamers.

Above: still the best game of the year.

It ran fine for me.

I also believe I made some random GFWL account and only kept it an offline so I didn't have to bother with anything and it seemed to work out okay. However, I don't know if I really get any achievements though, but I really don't give a crap.

whoa whoa whoa, hold the hell up...

You have to use GfWL with some games you buy through steam?

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

Strategyking92 said:

whoa whoa whoa, hold the hell up...

You have to use GfWL with some games you buy through steam?

If it's a GFWL game.... yea.