By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - NY Times: Nintendo Wii .... doomed as usual

DixieKong said:

Hmmm... First it was "Nintendo is doomed because they are using motion controls!" And now it's "Nintendo is doomed because their competitors have motion control games in HD!"

Come next gen, Nintendo will have HD and the new excuse will be "Nintendo is doomed because their competitors have motion, HD, AND 3D!"

Around the Network

My first impression when i read the OP was that he was a paid advertiser, having read through the rest of the thread I'm not sure I have changed my mind.

One mistake he makes is suggesting that anything the consoles have on offer at the moment is cutting-edge, that ship has sailed, now it's about the games and as far as the mainstream is concerned, Nintendo is still doing a better job there.

Well I guess one does justify the article somewhat and that is the fact that the market share as a % between the consoles has fallen for the Wii and risen for the PS3 and Xbox 360. I'll be curious as well to see how the profit numbers compare between Ninento and Microsoft EDD for the full financial year.

Tease.

One thing is missing -- is not playing a game an escape. 

There are 750 major league baseball players in the world. If a game makes it just like playing MLB, won't we all suck and NOT want to play?

I personally found Sports Champions to be in the "uncanny valley" of motion -- not quite exact but still close enough to remind me that I am not very good -- making it not fun.

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV