By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Official Game of the Year (GOTY) Awards 2010

Antabus said:
Beuli2 said:
Antabus said:
Beuli2 said:
Antabus said:
Beuli2 said:

This is pointless as we always know wich games will get GOTYs (and wich ones deserve the GOTY as well).

So which game deserves to be GOTY? Maybe you could show me a metacritic link for that game?

It obviously is Donkey Kong Country Returns, which is more addicting than those games plus alcohol and cocaine togheter in a single night.

So... 87 on metacritic and it should be the goty? Haha.

You dissapoint me countering with such weak argument. I'm dissapointed, I expected MUCH more form you Antabus.

Actually, no, I wasn't. Then according to yuo, why isn't Super Mario Galaxy wiining all awards?

I don't know. Maybe those awards will go for ME2 (96), RDR (95), SC2 (93), GOW3 (92),  Halo:Reach (91), CIV5 (90) and so on. In my opinion, all far superior games to SMG2.

Btw:

The argument is not weak. GOTY's go for the best games and when you take a look at the metascore, it should be obvious to anyone that DKCR is not one of the best games this year.

In none of the games you cited there is a Mega Ultra Robot Chicken:

This instantly wins against your argument. Plus why is Metacritic the deciding fator for GOTY?

Above: still the best game of the year.

Around the Network
Beuli2 said:
Antabus said:
Beuli2 said:
Antabus said:
Beuli2 said:
Antabus said:
Beuli2 said:

This is pointless as we always know wich games will get GOTYs (and wich ones deserve the GOTY as well).

So which game deserves to be GOTY? Maybe you could show me a metacritic link for that game?

It obviously is Donkey Kong Country Returns, which is more addicting than those games plus alcohol and cocaine togheter in a single night.

So... 87 on metacritic and it should be the goty? Haha.

You dissapoint me countering with such weak argument. I'm dissapointed, I expected MUCH more form you Antabus.

Actually, no, I wasn't. Then according to yuo, why isn't Super Mario Galaxy wiining all awards?

I don't know. Maybe those awards will go for ME2 (96), RDR (95), SC2 (93), GOW3 (92),  Halo:Reach (91), CIV5 (90) and so on. In my opinion, all far superior games to SMG2.

Btw:

The argument is not weak. GOTY's go for the best games and when you take a look at the metascore, it should be obvious to anyone that DKCR is not one of the best games this year.

In none of the games you cited there is a Mega Ultra Robot Chicken:

This instantly wins against your argument. Plus why is Metacritic the deciding fator for GOTY?

Because the review teams give those goty-awards... A higher rated game has a higher chance to become goty.... 87 does not have a chance. Propably not even on nintendo magazines.

Antabus said:

Because the review teams give those goty-awards... A higher rated game has a higher chance to become goty.... 87 does not have a chance. Propably not even on nintendo magazines.

That is very false. When a title is reviewed it is only reviewed by ONE person on the review staff. However, when a title is chosen by a site for GoTY it is voted on by the ENTIRE staff. This is how games like Demon's Souls won GoTY from Gamespot despite not being the highest rated title of the year.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Euphoria14 said:
Antabus said:

That is very false. When a title is reviewed it is only reviewed by ONE person on the review staff. However, when a title is chosen by a site for GoTY it is voted on by the ENTIRE staff. This is how games like Demon's Souls won GoTY from Gamespot despite not being the highest rated title of the year.

So what is false once again? It is so annoying when someone posts without even reading or as in your case, understanding the post he is replying to. Honestly, don't even bother with anything.

Antabus said:
Euphoria14 said:
Antabus said:

So what is false once again? It is so annoying when someone posts without even reading or as in your case, understanding the post he is replying to. Honestly, don't even bother with anything.

It's false that the highest rated metacritic score equals a GOTY award.  Often times, that is not the case because of what Euphoria said.

Around the Network

DKCR is gonna win-em-all, just watch. If you disagree, then feel my wrath of the infinite loop hole!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH*coughs*HAHAHAHAAHhahaha....

rakugakist said:
Antabus said:
Euphoria14 said:
Antabus said:

It's false that the highest rated metacritic score equals a GOTY award.  Often times, that is not the case because of what Euphoria said.

And where did I say equals? Goddamn. Another one.

Updated.

Art of Interactive Entertainment
Games

Beuli2 said:

True

Updated...

VGA