By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Official Game of the Year (GOTY) Awards 2010

Lot of good games did come out this year so we'll see what they choose.  Also we'll see how prevalent the bias is towards when a game releases.  Lot of good games came out this year before the second half, such as God of War 3, Red Dead: Redemption, Super Mario Galaxy 2, and Mass Effect 2, to name a few of them.

Personally for me, throughout the year Red Dead: Redemption and Super Mario Galaxy 2 have easily been my top 2.  If I were deciding I would probably take RDR over SMG2 but really it is a thin line.  Followed by AC: Brotherhood and Halo: Reach.  Been a good year though.

Around the Network

That's right... 3DDGH came out this year. I forgot to get that >.>

Personal GotY: Big Bang Mini :D 

Great little game :)

Sig thanks to Saber! :D 

isn't a tad early for GOTY awards? I mean WoW cataclysm isn't out yet, how will the give a fair MMO of the year award lol?

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

Euphoria14 said:
morenoingrato said:
Euphoria14 said:
morenoingrato said:

I haven't played 3DDGH either, but I've played TLOZ:ALTTP, so I guess 3DDGH is good.

But why are we arguing about this anyway? neither will win GOTY

Who says we are arguing? I am only here stating the truth.

Not to mention that nothing I say is serious.

Neither do I, but I want it to be GOTY

And broken qoute again

The best games never win GoTY, only the blockbusters.

Uncharted 2 won GOTY... the best game so far in 2009.

Antabus said:
Beuli2 said:

This is pointless as we always know wich games will get GOTYs (and wich ones deserve the GOTY as well).

So which game deserves to be GOTY? Maybe you could show me a metacritic link for that game?

It obviously is Donkey Kong Country Returns, which is more addicting than those games plus alcohol and cocaine togheter in a single night.

Above: still the best game of the year.

Around the Network
axumblade said:
Beuli2 said:

This is pointless as we always know wich games will get GOTYs (and wich ones deserve the GOTY as well).

I'm glad we're on the same page.

I was afraid someone would overlook the creativity for Babysitting Mama to vote for a less deserving game.

Actually, I was talking about Donkey Kong but have it your way.

mine is Black Ops... so far

Beuli2 said:
Antabus said:
Beuli2 said:

So which game deserves to be GOTY? Maybe you could show me a metacritic link for that game?

It obviously is Donkey Kong Country Returns, which is more addicting than those games plus alcohol and cocaine togheter in a single night.

So... 87 on metacritic and it should be the goty? Haha.

Antabus said:
Beuli2 said:
Antabus said:
Beuli2 said:

You dissapoint me countering with such weak argument. I'm dissapointed, I expected MUCH more form you Antabus.

Actually, no, I wasn't. Then according to yuo, why isn't Super Mario Galaxy wiining all awards?

Beuli2 said:
Antabus said:
Beuli2 said:
Antabus said:
Beuli2 said:

You dissapoint me countering with such weak argument. I'm dissapointed, I expected MUCH more form you Antabus.

Actually, no, I wasn't. Then according to yuo, why isn't Super Mario Galaxy wiining all awards?

I don't know. Maybe those awards will go for ME2 (96), RDR (95), SC2 (93), GOW3 (92),  Halo:Reach (91), CIV5 (90) and so on. In my opinion, all far superior games to SMG2.

Btw:

The argument is not weak. GOTY's go for the best games and when you take a look at the metascore, it should be obvious to anyone that DKCR is not one of the best games this year.