By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - So, now that I have a Dreamcast...

If you haven't got it already Skies of Arcadia, one of the best RPGs ever made IMO

Around the Network
MrT-Tar said:

If you haven't got it already Skies of Arcadia, one of the best RPGs ever made IMO

I'll be getting it for the GCN, since it has the better version of it... Grandia 2 is a welcome screwup on the PS2 though, since now I have a reason to get it for the DC!

Xen said:
MrT-Tar said:

I'll be getting it for the GCN, since it has the better version of it... Grandia 2 is a welcome screwup on the PS2 though, since now I have a reason to get it for the DC!

Yeah, I've only played the GC version and it's amazing.  It's pretty much the DC game, but on 1 disc and couple of extra bosses thrown in.

While fitting in onto 1 disc, the music is of a slightly lower quality, but after hearing the original music on youtube I think that the differance is only just noticeable.

I've also heard that on the DC version, one can detect when they are about to enter a random encounter due to the disc spinning difference, which I haven't noticed on the GC version.

MrT-Tar said:
Xen said:
MrT-Tar said:

Yeah, I've only played the GC version and it's amazing.  It's pretty much the DC game, but on 1 disc and couple of extra bosses thrown in.

While fitting in onto 1 disc, the music is of a slightly lower quality, but after hearing the original music on youtube I think that the differance is only just noticeable.

I've also heard that on the DC version, one can detect when they are about to enter a random encounter due to the disc spinning difference, which I haven't noticed on the GC version.

Haha, yeah, I'm familiar with that thanks to Xenogears... can't say it helps out much, it's more like a reminder for you to *sigh* :P

I'll just leave this here http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=279367

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

Around the Network

Sonic Adventure 1 & 2, Crazy Taxi, Shenmue, Jet Grind Radio, Soulcalibur, ect.

P.S Dreamcast > Xbox > Gamecube > PS2

Above: Best Wii game since Brawl.

scapegoatsqueal said:

You're doing it wrong. Dreamcast > All

Snesboy said:
scapegoatsqueal said:

You're doing it wrong. Dreamcast > All

Above: Best Wii game since Brawl.

It's never too late to enjoy the Dreamcast, and even though some of the games have been ported to other consoles there are still many good ones that are exclusive, or their best on the Dreamcast.

Rayman 2-best on the DC

Red Dog-Exclusive

Max Steel- Exclusive

Metropolis Street Racer-Exclusive

4 Wheel Thunder-Exclusive

Legacy of Kain Soul Reaver-Best on DC

Starlancer-Exclusive and still online

Deep Fighter-Exclusive

Powerstone 1&2-on PSP, but not as good

Heavy Metal Geomatrix-Exclusive

Super Magnetic Neo-Exclusive

Toy Commander-Exclusive

There are many more exclusives, and most of the ports were still better on the Dreamcast, Grandia II and DOA-2 are but two examples. Skies on GCN was very good as it had the DLC included, plus a bit more content. Unfortunately the music was downgraded, 480p taken out and Pinta's quest was removed.

New games are still being released, Fast Striker on Dec,28/10, three the year before, and it looks like we may get at least two this year, maybe as many as four.

I was a huge Nintendo fan(still am)when I bought a Dreamcast, it blew me away. SEGA poured their heart and soul into it by releasing over 150 first party titles, too bad many did not make it out of Japan. All of the many fighters and shooters released only in Japan are import friendly, as language  issues are not a problem. The Gameshark Lite is cheap on ebay(works great for imports), enjoy your Dreamcast, many of us still do.

Dreamcast-18 years later "It's Still Thinking"

How is it that in four pages, no one posted this picture yet?