By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - So, now that I have a Dreamcast...

mjk45 said:
Xen said:
mjk45 said:

Record of lodoss war

Grandia 2

phantasy star online v2

sega Gt

Jet Grind radio

Skies of arcadia

Maken X

Power Stone 2

EGG -Elemental Gimmick Gear

Draconus :Cult of the Wyrm

Chu Chu Rocket

Metropolis Stret Racer

Dynamite cop

Urban chaos

Dino Crisis

Leman 24 hour Race

House of the Dead

Confidemtial Mission

Sega Rally 2

Space Channel 5

Thanks, these I didn't hear about

forgot to add Gundam side story
Maken X is a first person Shin Megami Tensei Game

Jet Grind radio is superb you are a graffiti spraying inline skater

Confidential mission is a light gun game

Holy shit? How did I ever miss that? I'm watching the Classic Game Room review, loving it. But yeah, it even LOOKS like it.

Around the Network

Great to hear you got a Dreamcast. 

Japanese Pop Culture Otaku

Power Stone 2, Grandia II, Tony Hawk 2, Crazy Taxi, Chu Chu Rocket (ridiculously fun with 4 players), Sonic Adventure, House of the Dead 2, Virtua Tennis, Space Channel 5.

Ivb heard good things about Skies of Arcadia

TRios_Zen said:

Skies of Arcadia, Grandia 2 and Jet Set Radio.  Just saying those makes me yearn to plug in my DC!

There was an RC racer called "Re-Volt".  Unforgiving as hell, but damn I had a lot of fun with that game.  Racing around the grocery store was the bomb.

Re-Volt was great. The handling of the rc cars was very good, with oversteer and lots of skidding around if you're not careful. Especially in the freezer in the grocery store. The museum level looked gorgeous with the reflections in the marble floors. I can still hear the sound in my head of driving over the xylophone in the kids room level.

4 player splitscreen with all the different weapons was great fun. Please do a proper xbl/psn version of this game instead of the lazy port of crazy taxi.

Around the Network

Somebody recommended Dynamite Cop. That person is not your friend. Try Zombie Revenge instead.  In fact, look at my Dreamcast collection and get everything I rated 8/10 or higher.

Problem with getting a DC now is that all of the good games got ported to the PS2, Gamecube, PSP, or Xbox.  You have the best console on the market from 1999- Nov. 2001......but you're in for some serious disappointment in 2010.  Games I recommend and feel are still worth owning a DC for:

• Jet Grind Radio
  • RE:  Code Veronica
  • Grandia 2
  • Virtua Tennis
  • Shenmue (for historical purposes--it's not too impressive anymore)
  • Zombie Revenge
  • Metropolis Street Racer
  • Ecco the frustratingly hard Dolphin
  • Seaman (for historical purposes)
  • Any 2D fighters
  • Outtrigger (if you have friend to play with)
  • Spider-Man
  • Quake 3 Arena
  • Crazy Taxi (the way it was meant to be played)

Beuli2 said:
Xen said:
Beuli2 said:

You're a little late to the party...

That's not really helpful, now is it?

Actually it is. You lost the cake.

Above: the tasty dreamcast cake Xen lost for being late. And that rhimes.

lmao. Great post.

If you have a proper HDTV, be sure to pick up a VGA cable for your sexy Dreamcast. Make your DC feel pimp!

d21lewis said:

Somebody recommended Dynamite Cop. That person is not your friend. Try Zombie Revenge instead.  In fact, look at my Dreamcast collection and get everything I rated 8/10 or higher.

Problem with getting a DC now is that all of the good games got ported to the PS2, Gamecube, PSP, or Xbox.  You have the best console on the market from 1999- Nov. 2001......but you're in for some serious disappointment in 2010.  Games I recommend and feel are still worth owning a DC for:

• Jet Grind Radio
  • Grandia 2
  • Virtua Tennis
  • Zombie Revenge
  • Any 2D fighters
  • Spider-Man
  • Quake 3 Arena

It's kinda the reason I made this whole thread... I really have to scrape by these days, much unlike other SEGA consoles... however, I think I'm getting my money's worth here!

@Snesboy: totally - it HAS to look nice!

Xen said:
d21lewis said:

• Jet Grind Radio
  • Grandia 2
  • Virtua Tennis
  • Zombie Revenge
  • Any 2D fighters
  • Spider-Man
  • Quake 3 Arena

It's kinda the reason I made this whole thread... I really have to scrape by these days, much unlike other SEGA consoles... however, I think I'm getting my money's worth here!

Some of the best memories I ever had with a console came from the Dreamcast.  I hope it brings you joy, too.  Good luck finding some of the better games, though.

d21lewis said:
Xen said:
d21lewis said:

• Jet Grind Radio
  • Grandia 2
  • Virtua Tennis
  • Zombie Revenge
  • Any 2D fighters
  • Spider-Man
  • Quake 3 Arena

Some of the best memories I ever had with a console came from the Dreamcast.  I hope it brings you joy, too.  Good luck finding some of the better games, though.

I prowled around ebay and it is pretty plentiful, along with reasonable prices. Bought a Genesis yesterday, too!