By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - FIFA World Cup 2018 & 2022 host nations announced.

I am happy for qatar as well. People dont realize how awesome that country is. i think its actually the richest country in the world currently. And they love soocer. Its also a vacation hot spot. Hopefully ill have enought money to go there during the world cup.

Around the Network

in case you guys dont know what qatar looks like-

its definately a terrible place to visit isn't it?

Homer_Simpson said:

BBC Panorama uncover mass coruption in FIFA

England world cup bid comes last in FIFA vote

and Russia wins...

yes, FIFA is clearly clean as a whistle, they have interests beyond making money from backhanders...

Actually Fifa and UEFA are expanding football beyond the traditional nations.  Any corruption talk is nothing but the old powers being girlyman about someone else hosting the big party. 

TheFogOfWar said:
Homer_Simpson said:

and Russia wins...

yes, FIFA is clearly clean as a whistle, they have interests beyond making money from backhanders...

TheFogOfWar said:
Homer_Simpson said:

and Russia wins...

Actually Fifa and UEFA are expanding football beyond the traditional nations.  Any corruption talk is nothing but the old powers being girlyman about someone else hosting the big party. 

bollocks, did you even watch Panorama or read all the stuff in the news? no, clearly you did not

i would rather play in quatar in the evening with 35°C than playing in europe with 26°C but in the sun...

and who the hell still think the usa is rich? man i really wouldnt like to be an average us-american instead of beeing a western european.

Around the Network

Kowenicki do you know how much people in the middle east love football ? , each time a major play happens the streets become like a ghost town and even most markets close down just to watch the matches, people live and breath football in the middle east.

if you ask someone what is a sport, they say football, and they know nothing else, its very very sad, but Football is everything in the Middle East, every advert is about football, every "fun activity" is football related, every sports news is about football, you sir don't know anything.

crissindahouse said:

i would rather play in quatar in the evening with 35°C than playing in europe with 26°C but in the sun...

and who the hell still think the usa is rich? man i really wouldnt like to be an average us-american instead of beeing a western european.

Annual income adjusted by PPP would disagree with you.

Of course... Qatar is like... 2nd wen it comes to average income adjusted by PPP while the US Is like... 5th.

leatherhat said:

America is the richest country in the world and on the cusp of becoming a nation that likes soccer. FIFA really blew an opportunity not letting us host. 

Lol is that why they're on this oil looting that is called "war against terrorism" ?

There is nothign wrogn with Russia. Football is about expansion. Russia has the football team, thepeople and the money to deserve a go.

QATAR on the other hand just has the money to bribe people.

Kasz216 said:
crissindahouse said:

Annual income adjusted by PPP would disagree with you.

yeah you have a lot of rich people but if i see the states except rich regions like new york, the country seems really broken.

average income in america doesnt mean that the "normal" american has a lot of money...for example a manager in the states get like 400:1 to a "normal" worker and in germany its just 50:1. maybe you have 20 million super rich but the most americans havent much money to spent.