By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - FIFA World Cup 2018 & 2022 host nations announced.

numonex said:

I will finally admit the truth instead of the nonsense.

America and England were clearly robbed. They had the stadiums and the infrastructure. But the open cheque book and meeting FIFAs demands for a 100% tax free WC and all profits going directly to FIFA were top priorities of securing the WC bids. If you deal with a devil like Sepp Blatter you have to literally sell out your soul. 

I'll be careful what I write here, no doubt a trap set for those stupid proud Engulandars but I agree with your post, especially the part about Sepp Blatter, how that guy has remained head of fifa for so long I'll never know, but you forgot to mention Jack Warner, he'd sort out the corruption if he was in charge, that's if the allegation of the £3 mil he made from ticket sales are proved to be false.

Around the Network

Someone should toss kowenicki's salad =p....J/K....

Anyway the temperature in Russia in the summer is okay..Even in Siberia 20°- 30° is not abonormal..

Qatar to hot?  Qatar is one of those countries where the sun goes down around 18-19 o' Clock..and the temperature aswell 20-30°...(In the summer)..

Complaining about the climate in those countries is just the same like the people who complained that the 2012 Olympics will be horrible because it is going to rain whole the time...X_X...

kowenicki said:
zgamer5 said:
JazzyJeez said:
zgamer5 said:
JazzyJeez said:
numonex said:
JazzyJeez said:
numonex said:

Qatar and Russia can easily deploy their military/police to maintain law and order if things got out of control. Threat of football hooligans is reduced in half when the English team fails to qualify for the World Cup.

England  is over run with football hooligans and law and order would be very hard to maintain. English football hooligans cause all the trouble at the World Cup events and they cause trouble at every single football match. Football hooligans run around Beer can in one hand and house brick or roof tile in the other hand. English hooligans are drunken disorderly thugs and a threat to the community. Any drunken English fan from any socio-economic class or ethnicity is capable of a being a public enemy number one and a football hooligan.

Imagine a World Cup in the heartland of football hooligans? The reputation of the game would be tarnished by hosting a World Cup in England.

Do you flip a coin and decide which country you support when you write your tripe? Barmy barmy army eh?

England was a lame duck/dummy bid nation who never stood a chance of winning the votes from the FIFA officials. The FIFA officials did not support England. Russia and Qatar have both never hosted the WC before and it is good for the game to host it in a unique nation/region. 

In that case expect I'll expect to see countries like Greenland & Mongolia putting in bids next time, guarranteed win.

mongolia ant do that, and come on greenland! dont be silly. russia isnt a world power but it has the ability of hosting a world cup, the same thing with qatar.

Do you actually think I was being serious? I'm just making a point how silly that a country should host the world cup based on the fact its unique or never hosted before, it should be a factor but it shouldn't be a major one.

I personally think Russia will pull it off and make it a very good tournament, but Qatar hosting is a joke taken to the extreme, who gives a toss if it gives the locals a chance to see a world cup, do what most football loving countries and get off your backside and follow the team.

why cant qatar make it a good tournament? its hot, its going to be cold in russia, qatar is a rich country with a very good infrastructure and a rising economy, your just saying its a joke because your biased. whats the difference btw every world cup, other then results its how the situation is handeld, and qatar can handle it.

russia will be cold?  in summer? no it wont. it will be nice and warm... not blisteringly hot.

true with global warming. well i consider 20 degrees but be cold.

Being in 3rd place never felt so good

This is why people are pissed of. Look at the overal operational risk: the two countries with the most risk are rewarded the bid. It just isn't logical and corrupt as hell.

Why have the other countries prepared and spent millions preparing their bids if fifa are handing it out to whomever they feel like.

kowenicki said:
Lostplanet22 said:

Someone should toss kowenicki's salad =p....J/K....

Anyway the temperature in Russia in the summer is okay..Even in Siberia 20°- 30° is not abonormal..

Qatar to hot?  Qatar is one of those countries where the sun goes down around 18-19 o' Clock..and the temperature aswell 20-30°...(In the summer)..

Complaining about the climate in those countries is just the same like the people who complained that the 2012 Olympics will be horrible because it is going to rain whole the time...X_X...

June average temps are between 25 (middle of the night) and 40  (AVERAGE)

Hmm and Qatar tourims says: 

According to Qatar's Tourism Authority, temperatures during the summer range from 38 degrees Celsius [100.4 degrees F] to 42 degrees Celsius [107.6 degrees F] during the day and fall to 18 degrees Celsius [64.4 degrees F] at night.

http://www.visit-qatar.com/qatarclimate.html

Thought it belonged to the group of countries where days are hot but when nights comes tempertaure can make a big drop..

Around the Network

cry me a river.

ethomaz said:

What wrong with Russia???

And

That was indeed a very stupid decision.

Above: still the best game of the year.

Two interesting choices.

perpride said:

cry me a river.

Another intelligent response from yourself, not suprised coming from someone who's so naive they actually believe the voting system in FIFA is devoid of corruption, how this results affects you I've no idea but then again it's not like curling will ever be made into a world cup so instead you comment on something you likely have no interest in.

JazzyJeez said:
perpride said:

cry me a river.

Another intelligent response from yourself, not suprised coming from someone who's so naive they actually believe the voting system in FIFA is devoid of corruption, how this results affects you I've no idea but then again it's not like curling will ever be made into a world cup so instead you comment on something you likely have no interest in.

What kind of pipe are you on dude? I love soccer just as much as every other person in this thread. Even if I fucking didn't I have every right to comment the way I see fit.

Not once did I say that the FIFA voting system is devoid of corruption, you're just putting words in my goddamn mouth.

You guys are really sad the world cup is in Qatar. I get it. blah blah blah, cry me a fucking river. That was the point of my post. In ever contest there are winners and there are losers. Move the fuck on instead of complaining about how much fit you think England and America are. For a million different reasons, Qatar and Russia will host the world Cup. You can agree or disagree. England and the U.S will have to wait a few more years.