By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - FIFA World Cup 2018 & 2022 host nations announced.

numonex said:
JazzyJeez said:
numonex said:

Qatar and Russia can easily deploy their military/police to maintain law and order if things got out of control. Threat of football hooligans is reduced in half when the English team fails to qualify for the World Cup. 

England  is over run with football hooligans and law and order would be very hard to maintain. English football hooligans cause all the trouble at the World Cup events and they cause trouble at every single football match. Football hooligans run around Beer can in one hand and house brick or roof tile in the other hand. English hooligans are drunken disorderly thugs and a threat to the community. Any drunken English fan from any socio-economic class or ethnicity is capable of a being a public enemy number one and a football hooligan. 

Imagine a World Cup in the heartland of football hooligans? The reputation of the game would be tarnished by hosting a World Cup in England.

Do you flip a coin and decide which country you support when you write your tripe? Barmy barmy army eh?

England was a lame duck/dummy bid nation who never stood a chance of winning the votes from the FIFA officials. The FIFA officials did not support England. Russia and Qatar have both never hosted the WC before and it is good for the game to host it in a unique nation/region. 

In that case expect I'll expect to see countries like Greenland & Mongolia putting in bids next time, guarranteed win.

Around the Network
JazzyJeez said:
numonex said:
JazzyJeez said:
numonex said:

Qatar and Russia can easily deploy their military/police to maintain law and order if things got out of control. Threat of football hooligans is reduced in half when the English team fails to qualify for the World Cup.

England  is over run with football hooligans and law and order would be very hard to maintain. English football hooligans cause all the trouble at the World Cup events and they cause trouble at every single football match. Football hooligans run around Beer can in one hand and house brick or roof tile in the other hand. English hooligans are drunken disorderly thugs and a threat to the community. Any drunken English fan from any socio-economic class or ethnicity is capable of a being a public enemy number one and a football hooligan.

Imagine a World Cup in the heartland of football hooligans? The reputation of the game would be tarnished by hosting a World Cup in England.

Do you flip a coin and decide which country you support when you write your tripe? Barmy barmy army eh?

England was a lame duck/dummy bid nation who never stood a chance of winning the votes from the FIFA officials. The FIFA officials did not support England. Russia and Qatar have both never hosted the WC before and it is good for the game to host it in a unique nation/region. 

In that case expect I'll expect to see countries like Greenland & Mongolia putting in bids next time, guarranteed win.

mongolia ant do that, and come on greenland! dont be silly. russia isnt a world power but it has the ability of hosting a world cup, the same thing with qatar.

Being in 3rd place never felt so good

JazzyJeez said:
numonex said:
JazzyJeez said:
numonex said:

China or India may win a bid to host 2026  WC. 2030 WC should go back to Europe. Every third WC in Europe, instead of every second WC hosted in Europe. 

draik said:

Round 1: England 2 votes, Netherlands/Belgium 4 votes, Spain/Portugal 7 votes and Russia 9 votes.
Round 2: Netherlands/Belgium 2 votes, Spain/Portugal 7 votes and Russia 12 votes (Russia obtain absolute majority)

From the BBC. Seems some voted tactically in the 1st round to get England out. That's the only logical reasoning I can think of behind backing Netherlands/Belgium in round 1 but not round 2 as 2 people clearly did.

draik said:

Full results of 2022 voting:

Round 1: Australia1 vote, Japan 3 votes, US 3 votes, South Korea 4 votes and Qatar 11 votes.

Round 2: Japan 2 votes, South Korea 5 votes, US 5 votes and Qatar 10 votes.

Round 3 South Korea 5 votes, US 6 votes and Qatar 11 votes.

Round 4 US 8 votes and Qatar 14 votes (Qatar obtain absolute majority)

As you say, it clearly looks as though tactical voting has gone on here to make sure certain nations are eliminated early. Hardly screams intergrity does it?

zgamer5 said:
JazzyJeez said:
numonex said:
JazzyJeez said:
numonex said:

mongolia ant do that, and come on greenland! dont be silly. russia isnt a world power but it has the ability of hosting a world cup, the same thing with qatar.

Do you actually think I was being serious? I'm just making a point how silly that a country should host the world cup based on the fact its unique or never hosted before, it should be a factor but it shouldn't be a major one.

I personally think Russia will pull it off and make it a very good tournament, but Qatar hosting is a joke taken to the extreme, who gives a toss if it gives the locals a chance to see a world cup, do what most football loving countries and get off your backside and follow the team.

Around the Network
draik said:

Full results of 2022 voting:

Round 1: Australia1 vote, Japan 3 votes, US 3 votes, South Korea 4 votes and Qatar 11 votes.

Round 2: Japan 2 votes, South Korea 5 votes, US 5 votes and Qatar 10 votes.

Round 3 South Korea 5 votes, US 6 votes and Qatar 11 votes.

Round 4 US 8 votes and Qatar 14 votes (Qatar obtain absolute majority)

Fun quote I read on a forum: "Qatar had bloody well better have a good a plan for avoiding a terrorist attack, because when thousands of drunken western men and immodest western women turn up on Muslim land (as some people will see it) in a show for the world, Qatar will become the biggest target on the planet."

How did Japan and Qatar LOSE votes in the 2nd round?  That's just strange.

kowenicki said:
perpride said:
leatherhat said:

America is the richest country in the world and on the cusp of becoming a nation that likes soccer. FIFA really blew an opportunity not letting us host. 

A good point you raise. But America hosted under 20 years ago. I think it's time for someone new to step up. America will surely get their chance in the next few bids.

So the US, who dont even like football that much, host the world cup twice in say 30 or so years and England, that gave the world the game, host in once in 100 years?  Seems reasonable.

Don't worry dude, I'm pretty sure England's turn is coming too.

Talal said:

I agree that England should have won, but stop being racist to Qatar when you don't know anything about them.

Ignorance and disrespect shown towards Qatar is appalling and sickens me. People in free democratic nations have too much free speech and in some cases they need to be censored. If you mouth off in the wrong country, the government silences you. A conservative Middle Eastern nation would not allow people to show such blatant disrespect in an open manner. 

numonex said:
Talal said:

I agree that England should have won, but stop being racist to Qatar when you don't know anything about them.

Ignorance and disrespect shown towards Qatar is appalling and sickens me. People in free democratic nations have too much free speech and in some cases they need to be censored. If you mouth off in the wrong country, the government silences you. A conservative Middle Eastern nation would not allow people to show such blatant disrespect in an open manner. 

Is that a dig at free speech or the goverments that censor free speech?  It's got to be the latter with your history of NWO and conspiracy theory threads.

JazzyJeez said:
zgamer5 said:
JazzyJeez said:
numonex said:
JazzyJeez said:
numonex said:

Do you actually think I was being serious? I'm just making a point how silly that a country should host the world cup based on the fact its unique or never hosted before, it should be a factor but it shouldn't be a major one.

I personally think Russia will pull it off and make it a very good tournament, but Qatar hosting is a joke taken to the extreme, who gives a toss if it gives the locals a chance to see a world cup, do what most football loving countries and get off your backside and follow the team.

why cant qatar make it a good tournament? its hot, its going to be cold in russia, qatar is a rich country with a very good infrastructure and a rising economy, your just saying its a joke because your biased. whats the difference btw every world cup, other then results its how the situation is handeld, and qatar can handle it.

Being in 3rd place never felt so good