By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - MOVE and KINECT Sell-Through update!

Wow that had to be one of the worst conversations I have ever witnessed in my life, both are blinded by the love for their consoles to provide a legitimate argument.

Mad Kinect sales this week, KA came 2nd in Americas.. Daaaaamn those are some hard numbers.

Disconnect and self destruct, one bullet a time.

Around the Network
XxXProphecyXxX said:
rocketpig said:
XxXProphecyXxX said:
as for sony "DYING" HAHA good luck with that specially EMEAA and Japan ps3>>>>>>360 and 8m gap is now down to 4.

Largely irrelevant considering that MS has been profitable in the G&E division for what, three years straight now? They're finally making money at a consistent rate whereas Sony is barely cresting profitability four years into the PS3's life cycle.

If MS wanted to continue losing money (or just break even) in the division, we'd see $150/200 360 price tiers and that gap would be a hell of a lot bigger than it is right now.

But you PS3 fans can continue to live in a bubble where Sony has accomplished any of their goals with the PS3 outside of Blu-Ray coming into its own. Outside of that small shining light, the PS3 has been disastrous for Sony. They took their largest profit division and turned it into a loss leader in a few short years.

They did, right after the slim announcement the 360 went $149.....

what happened? still 4m gap LOL! funny you speak of living in the bubble when MS having a head start and is about to lose all the GAP it gained from both of its competition(already lost to Wii) and you sound like Sony is the only one that should be disappointed.

The lowest priced Xbox is still $199, chief. Nice try, though.

MS should be disappointed with the RRoD fiasco, and for good reason. It cost them a load of money and a lot of customer trust. Other than that, they're well on their way to tripling their Xbox numbers and will turn a profit on the 360 by the end of the generation.

Sony, not so much. The Playstation brand was Sony's largest profit division in the PS2 era and it dominated the console landscape. By the time the PSP and PS3 roll through their lifecycle, they'll be in last (or close to it) and will have lost BILLIONS in the division over that time. No matter how you want to spin it, that's a huge loss.

To top it off, if Sony wants to level the playing field next generation, they're going to have to cut the PS3 lifecycle short and launch against Microsoft, which will hurt their chances of recouping some of those billions as the PS3 matures.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

XxXProphecyXxX said:
spaceguy said:
XxXProphecyXxX said:
spaceguy said:

MS is the winner no matter the units. PS3 lost way to much money and kinect looks to steamroll move.

He's right the xbox division has been making some serious cash and can make moves when they want. sony has no options that MS can't react too. 

MS can sit back and relaxe while sony scrambles to put back all the pieces. They  will be in the hole for the next generation from ps3.

BELIEVE THAT!

P.S I love your biased sig, just says how much your obsessed with Alan Wake and how good the game is.  Jelousy must be  On the rise. Devoting your whole sig mainly to xbox 360. 

SIG=FAIL=U

Seems only the magic of the ps3 can turn out someone like you. Special

LOL and your sign is any better "ohh 360 forever" LMAO!

MS aint a winner ninty is 360 head start and still going to end up last? and thay  hasvn't recoup their  losses like sony.

and BTW we got far better games to be jealous of teh failed "Uncharted killah"

My sig doesn't go onto bash another console. 

yea your right, wii is the winner but 360 is by far, better off then PS3. Don't count your chickens, kinect seems to be kicking into high gear and I don't think is going to stop.  So there goes the gap back up to 8 million units. If gt5 can't push out more systems then kinect, nothing can. 

if you got far better games then why don't they sell how xbox 360 exclusives do. Sony is totally in the hole and have not made back anywhere near there losses.

later

SIG=FAIL=U

LOL? now thats a  true FAIL right there.

If forza is better than GT5 why is it not selling like GT5?

If Halo is king of FPS why is it not selling more than COD?

if 360 is teh best why is it selling less than Wii?

if sales is the indication of whats the best game out there why hasn't Wii fit won game of the year?

HAHAHAHAHA! what a truck load of fail right there plz don't try posting again ty, ohhh and the GAP is still 4m LOL!!! there goes your 8m dream GAP.

BTW I have a new sign in the works "Ohhh 360 sleep with me!" what do you think? XD

PS: how come alan wake hasn't even hit a mill if 360 exclusive sells "SO MUCH BETTER"? crack down 2? conviction? mass effect2? how come their not selling so much better than ps3 exclusive infact their lower?

Sony will be bankrupt in a few years because of their constant failing, SEGA will rise again, and it will be a friendly competition between Nintendo, SEGA and Microsoft, like it should be.

Problem, XxXProphecyXxX?

Above: Best Wii game since Brawl.

scapegoatsqueal said:
XxXProphecyXxX said:
spaceguy said:
XxXProphecyXxX said:
spaceguy said:

MS is the winner no matter the units. PS3 lost way to much money and kinect looks to steamroll move.

He's right the xbox division has been making some serious cash and can make moves when they want. sony has no options that MS can't react too. 

MS can sit back and relaxe while sony scrambles to put back all the pieces. They  will be in the hole for the next generation from ps3.

BELIEVE THAT!

P.S I love your biased sig, just says how much your obsessed with Alan Wake and how good the game is.  Jelousy must be  On the rise. Devoting your whole sig mainly to xbox 360. 

SIG=FAIL=U

MS aint a winner ninty is 360 head start and still going to end up last? and thay  hasvn't recoup their  losses like sony.

yea your right, wii is the winner but 360 is by far, better off then PS3. Don't count your chickens, kinect seems to be kicking into high gear and I don't think is going to stop.  So there goes the gap back up to 8 million units. If gt5 can't push out more systems then kinect, nothing can. 

if you got far better games then why don't they sell how xbox 360 exclusives do. Sony is totally in the hole and have not made back anywhere near there losses.

later

SIG=FAIL=U

if sales is the indication of whats the best game out there why hasn't Wii fit won game of the year?

HAHAHAHAHA! what a truck load of fail right there plz don't try posting again ty, ohhh and the GAP is still 4m LOL!!! there goes your 8m dream GAP.

BTW I have a new sign in the works "Ohhh 360 sleep with me!" what do you think? XD

PS: how come alan wake hasn't even hit a mill if 360 exclusive sells "SO MUCH BETTER"? crack down 2? conviction? mass effect2? how come their not selling so much better than ps3 exclusive infact their lower?

Sony will be bankrupt in a few years because of their constant failing, SEGA will rise again, and it will be a friendly competition between Nintendo, SEGA and Microsoft, like it should be.

Problem, XxXProphecyXxX?

LOL!

Atlease you finally admit SEGA is DEAD but since you seem still(after so many years) hurting inside badly on what happened to SEGA I aint gonna make fun of you from day dreamin SEGA is rising from its grave that sony burried them.

keep reaching for your dreams! XD

Dreamcast was actually quite good, an underdog in my eyes, when compared to PS1, similar to the case of Xbox VS PS2 really.

Disconnect and self destruct, one bullet a time.

Around the Network

How old are you two? 

On topic: great sales for both the move and Kinect. I really didn't expect much for either of them

Sig thanks to Saber! :D 

Kinect will have great legs because it attracts casual gamers

Why are there no news on the software?

How are the software sales? Impressive? Lackluster?

I LOVE ICELAND!

XxXProphecyXxX said:
scapegoatsqueal said:
XxXProphecyXxX said:
spaceguy said:
XxXProphecyXxX said:
spaceguy said:

BELIEVE THAT!

SIG=FAIL=U

later

SIG=FAIL=U

Problem, XxXProphecyXxX?

LOL!

Atlease you finally admit SEGA is DEAD but since you seem still(after so many years) hurting inside badly on what happened to SEGA I aint gonna make fun of you from day dreamin SEGA is rising from its grave that sony burried them.

keep reaching for your dreams! XD

Do you know you are a bit of a childish fanboy?

ITT: samefags

example: above

Above: Best Wii game since Brawl.