By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Where is IOI black friday article.

AussieGecko said:
Pyramid12 said:

Its true tho last year MS didn't GIVE NUMBERS aswell BECAUSE Wii and PS3 beat them out in black friday, not saying they did get beat out again by PS3 this BF(Im certain Wii did) but yeh kinda weired they should be bragging by now if they did like they usually do.......

OT: It'll be up around thursdays my guess.....

no they dont usually brag... since when have they bragged about a weekly/daily sales.

They announced the Kinect sales, they didnt exactly brag...

I'm sure if the 360 did anything mindblowing Greenberg would've DEFINITELY tweeted it.  Like he did NPD for the past few months.

Around the Network

And I too am anticipating the BF article...

We should consider that ioi has a life outside of VGChartz. He doesn't need to make an article about BF sales when it'll be covered in the weekly sales chart.

Who's the best Pac, Nas, and Big. Just leave it to that.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Slaughterhouse Is The Sh*t  .... NOW ........ B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Black Friday as the hardest week of the year guys. Give him some time. That said, it does look like only Wii and DS will be over 1m worldwide, especially with rumors that GT5 did only 350k in Japan as opposed to the 466k 65k the early data suggested.

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu

TheSource said:

Black Friday as the hardest week of the year guys. Give him some time. That said, it does look like only Wii and DS will be over 1m worldwide, especially with rumors that GT5 did only 350k in Japan as opposed to the 466k 65k the early data suggested.

Yay in the face of those who though GT5 would bump PS3 above Wii!

Above: still the best game of the year.

Around the Network

GT5 only did 350,000 week 1 in Japan? wow thats pathetic what happened?

TheSource said:

Well, if he didn't hinted about 1-2 million sellers, we'd be fine, not to mention he promised it by weekend.

ethomaz said:
numonex said:

Gran turismo 5

Black Friday week estimates (NA only) Big 3 console systems:

1. Wii around 700k

2. PS3 around 600k

3. 360 around 450k

Add in Japan and European figures:

1. Wii around 1.2 million (50k Japan 450k Europe)

2. PS3 around 1.1 million (100k Japan 400k Europe)

3. 360 around 700k (5k Japan 250k Europe)

So high for Wii/PS3 and low for 360.

My bet for WW:

Wii: 1.05m
PS5: 950k
360: 800k

Your number is too low for Wii, and probably a little too high for PS3

TheSource said:

So that means PS3 was only  ~100k away from 1million.

Not bad.

Beuli2 said:
TheSource said:

Yay in the face of those who though GT5 would bump PS3 above Wii!

What a momentous occassion.