By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - FAMITSU review scores: DKCR, AC Brotherhood, Ni no Kuni!!!

RolStoppable said:
CGI-Quality said:

Come on fellas, 32/40 is a good score. It might not be 9 or 10 material (according to them), but from what I've seen, I'd easily give it a 9. That doesn't make 8/8/8/8 a bad score though.

DKC:R may just prove further that the market expects 9s and 10s too often. The review system needs some reworking, because what is said should matter, not necessarily the score itself.

Some of HEAVY RAIN's best reviews came from folks that rated it 8s and 8.5s. They were deep, thorough, and honest (all the while, still rewarding it with an exceptional 8/10).

No need to fret, most people will probably love it anyway.

32/40 is not a good score by Famitsu standards. Especially not if you consider that Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit (Wii) got 27/40. A 12.5 % difference between GotY material and "wouldn't even play if received as a gift" is more than questionable.

Wasn't there an old game with the exact same name but actually good?

Above: still the best game of the year.

Around the Network
guiduc said:

Ok but Assassin's Creed got a 39 score and DK 32? How is it possible? I played both and I can say DK is as good as the other one...

Tsk tsk, if you though for only one second, you would have concluded that odl ninja templar warriors are much prettier than banana eating gorillas or hipnotizing statues.

CGI-Quality said:
Beuli2 said:
RolStoppable said:
CGI-Quality said:

Come on fellas, 32/40 is a good score. It might not be 9 or 10 material (according to them), but from what I've seen, I'd easily give it a 9. That doesn't make 8/8/8/8 a bad score though.

DKC:R may just prove further that the market expects 9s and 10s too often. The review system needs some reworking, because what is said should matter, not necessarily the score itself.

Some of HEAVY RAIN's best reviews came from folks that rated it 8s and 8.5s. They were deep, thorough, and honest (all the while, still rewarding it with an exceptional 8/10).

No need to fret, most people will probably love it anyway.

32/40 is not a good score by Famitsu standards. Especially not if you consider that Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit (Wii) got 27/40. A 12.5 % difference between GotY material and "wouldn't even play if received as a gift" is more than questionable.

lol.....you saying the current Hot Pursuit isn't?

I have nothing to say to someone who has such ridiculous avatar.

Awesome score for NINOKUNI DS

Japanese Pop Culture Otaku

CGI-Quality said:

RolStoppable said:

I have nothing to say to someone who has such ridiculous avatar.

You're no fun.

At least I'm handsome.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
CGI-Quality said:
Beuli2 said:

Mom looks better than that.

g-value said:

Does Level-5 plan on bringing Ni no Kuni to the US?

Hino confirmed it in a Nintendo Power interview.  I bet Nintendo handles it for them.

Beuli2 said:

Noooooo! DKR is doomed to fail in Japan now :(

Now never will top the COMG pre-order chart.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhoodgot pretty good reviews, all things considered.

Love and tolerate.

jarrod said:
g-value said:

Does Level-5 plan on bringing Ni no Kuni to the US?

Hino confirmed it in a Nintendo Power interview.  I bet Nintendo handles it for them.

Could you give me a link to that interview please?