By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - GT5 sold over 265k in UK alone

RolStoppable said:

First week sales are not that important anyway. It's all about week 2.

Not for LBP1

It was all about Week 1...which was Week 2

Week 1 was Week 0 for that game

Fail @ Rolstoppable

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
darthdevidem01 said:
RolStoppable said:

First week sales are not that important anyway. It's all about week 2.

Not for LBP1

It was all about Week 1...which was Week 2

Week 1 was Week 0 for that game

Fail @ Rolstoppable

I never made any bets regarding LBP sales.

Go feed a cat.

Ok now I have permission to poison a cat.

Thank you

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Good start ... now lets see some legs !!!

Who's the best Pac, Nas, and Big. Just leave it to that.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Slaughterhouse Is The Sh*t  .... NOW ........ B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Sold 92k in spain for 4 days.

LOL!! GT5 is massive!

Pyramid12 said:

LOL!! GT5 is massive!

That's massive? Some games do 1M in that period of time in US alone, not trying to underplay the individual country achievement, but that's a 10th of a launch in a different region, not sure if you're getting what I am trying to say, but yeah.. that.. What I am saying is, don't count the eggs until all of them are in the basket.

Disconnect and self destruct, one bullet a time.

Around the Network
NotStan said:
Pyramid12 said:

LOL!! GT5 is massive!

That's massive? Some games do 1M in that period of time in US alone, not trying to underplay the individual country achievement, but that's a 10th of a launch in a different region, not sure if you're getting what I am trying to say, but yeah.. that.. What I am saying is, don't count the eggs until all of them are in the basket.

Apparently, (from the other thread) MW2 sold 123k first week on 360 PS3 PC. Relatively, that is huge.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

So what country is largest market for GT in Europe?

Germany? France? Anyone have single country number for GT4/3?

Kazukis said:

So what country is largest market for GT in Europe?

Germany? France? Anyone have single country number for GT4/3?

France >Germany > UK

Hyruken said:
Munkeh111 said:
Hyruken said:
ethomaz said:
Hyruken said:

Where does it say 265k in the article?

Or is this based on 6% increase of what VGC has GT4 at?

Chart-Track GT4 launch.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=116065

Launched last Friday in the UK, Gran Turismo 4 is already one of only four titles that have sold over a quarter of a million units in launch week and has secured the honour of becoming the fourth fastest selling videogame on these shores, the top three being GTA: San Andreas, GTA: Vice City and Halo 2.

Now make maths.

And over 265k could be 300k or more in UK the weakest PS3 country.

Thanks for the link.

But thought i would point out to you that UK is the 3rd biggest PS3 sales country currently and is the most in Europe for PS3 sales with 3.5m units sold. Nearly a million units more then it's nearest competitor and almost more then countries Germany and Spain combined.

Would hardly say that was weak :)

Weakest in terms of relative internal performance... Certainly weakest PS3 country in terms of percentage of the market controlled in Europe

Do you have some numbers to back that up?

Just to use Black Ops as an example here. In 5 days it sold 2m units in UK. 42% of that was on PS3. That is 840k sold in 5 days in UK alone on PS3...

Would love to see some evidence of bigger numbers then that from the other European countries?

Or are you saying in terms of consoles sold other countries have a higher attach ratio? Because if that is what you are saying it doesn't mean other countries sell more games. Because it is like saying country X has 5 consoles sold, those 5 people bought 5 games this week, making it a 100% attach ratio. But country Y has 100 consoles sold, and of those 20 people bought games this week making it a 20% attach ratio. But while the attach ratio is 4x lower then that of Country X it's sales are x3 higher.

Point being in terms of volume of software sold i would think PS3 software sales in UK are much higher then that of the other European countries.

Interesting choice of game to use as a worked comparison example, given continental Europe is relatively weak for FPS and UK is strong for FPS, across all platforms. It's likely GT5 will outsell Black Ops (PS3) LTD in continental Europe, but possibly not in UK. Your point would be more illustrative if you used a game that has a more uniform popularity throughout Europe. Like the FIFA games.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

NotStan said:
Pyramid12 said:

LOL!! GT5 is massive!

This game is gonna open better than GEARS 2 and ODST which a lot of ppl in this site consider......"HUGE" or "BIG"

So yeh this game is massive! besides like that other guy said COD sold 123k 360,PC,PS3 combined in spain this game did 92k IN ITS FIRST 4 DAYS.