By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Pachter: Kinect and Move Shortages are manufactured, Move didnt sell 2.5m

This guy either only makes sense to himself and can't articulate his thoughts well or he is a fucking moron who hasn't a clue. Either way... I dont care.

Around the Network
Grimes said:

Unless you didn't read the article, he's saying that they shipped more bundles than individual controllers. If you're going to criticize him, at least take the time to get it right or it makes you sound even dumber.

Which may be true, but it's pretty fucking dumb (i.e. typical of him) to assume that this is a manfactured shortage to keep up appearances. Instead of shorting console and starter bundles, Sony only limits the supply of individual controllers? What kind of sense would that even make?

Actually, nevermind. This is Sony. They probably are that stupid. Pachter FTW!

Grimes said:

Unless you didn't read the article, he's saying that they shipped more bundles than individual controllers. If you're going to criticize him, at least take the time to get it right or it makes you sound even dumber.

I think some people are being purposefully dense, the article makes perfect sense if people actually read it. Whether it's actually happening is up for debate, but it's a perfectly reasonable assumption to think they're creating a false hype by sending out little standlone (thus selling out) but tons of bundles (to create high sales aka shipments) same goes for Kinect.

READ THE ARTICLE PEOPLE.

"Sony are trying to follow Microsoft by making sure supply of the standalone Move is tight"

That's just one of the stupidest thing he keeps saying. Move came out first, how is Sony the one trying to follow MS?

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
psrock said:

"Sony are trying to follow Microsoft by making sure supply of the standalone Move is tight"

That's just one of the stupidest thing he keeps saying. Move came out first, how is Sony the one trying to follow MS?

I noticed that too... Not only did move come out first but this shortage problem exsisted before Kinect made it to the market... If it didn't have a problem till kinect came out then the statement would be accurate

Around the Network

Wow, nice camping thread for the Nintendo crowd.

Pachter trolling Ms and Sony is a rare event.

Bookmarked.

I can understand Sony trying to spur demand, but how is MS doing that?  When he himself stated MS can't keep Kinect in stores and keeps supplying new shipment constantly.

And Move is in great demands, just not the bundles.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
axumblade said:
psrock said:

I can understand Sony trying to spur demand, but how is MS doing that?  When he himself stated MS can't keep Kinect in stores and keeps supplying new shipment constantly.

And Move is in great demands, just not the bundles.

This is Pachter we're talking about.

Remember how the Wii HD is the PS3 because of the Move?

Hell, I remember pachter saying wii would be a last place console for like 3 years....

Hmm, it's refreshing to see Patcher throw a little negativity Sony and MS's way (well mainly Sony's) for once :P

I know that Pachter doesn't have many fans on this website, but he is right this time.