By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Pachter: Kinect and Move Shortages are manufactured, Move didnt sell 2.5m

Carl2291 said:

Yeah and he also thought that the Wii would win this Holiday season.

He knows nothing!

lololololololol@ Pachter!!

Well technically the Wii isn't winning the holiday season. The DS is.

Around the Network

can I ask a question :

this is guy is not completely stupid and he obviously have lot of datas about NA market.

but he is mentionning that Sony didnt really sell the 2.5M move unit WW ... what does he rly know about EMEA datas ?
is it not just pure guess about the EMEA datas ?

Time to Work !

I don't know why he's commenting, Big 3 always state their shipped figures are "sold" that's why all those idiots on N4G don't get this site.

I agree about supply constraints though, Sony shipping 1 million moves to the states? That is pretty excessive IMO.

libellule said:

can I ask a question :

this is guy is not completely stupid and he obviously have lot of datas about NA market.

but he is mentionning that Sony didnt really sell the 2.5M move unit WW ... what does he rly know about EMEA datas ?

He is stupid, Sony increased production of the move wand twice already and he is claiming Sony didn't ship what they said when even his most accurate NA numbers can't be right since move is pseye and move wand, and tons of people owned the pseye and some people are buying wands frankly tracking move is pretty much impossible, the eye is the most accurate way, and then just guess how many people who owned they eye bought a wand but anyways he probably has little EMEA data and no japan data or any other country Sony is shipping besides UK and US (also probably guessing canada's numbers even) so yeah he's wrong and an idiot 

Pachtard strikes again.

How could Sony have overshipped and manufactured a shortage?

Around the Network

The difference is that if you go to Bestbuy.com or Gamestop.com you see that Kinect and Xbox 360 are at the top of the sales charts while Move and PS3 are not:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olstemplatemapper.jsp?id=pcat17080&type=page&nrp=50&cp=1&sc=gameToySP&sp=-bestsellingsort

http://www.gamestop.com/browse/search.aspx?N=0&loc=homebestall

libellule said:

can I ask a question :

I imagine he has access to GFK data or any other professional tracking service for that matter. Wedbush probably buys every piece of data that is available globally.

Anyone can guess. It takes no effort to throw out lots of predictions and have some of them be correct. You are not and wiser or better for having your guesses be right. Even a blind man can hit the bullseye.

We think we are so smart making fun of him, while he's laying in his chair having the last laughs, boy he gets money out of nothing...

badgenome said:

Pachtard strikes again.

I was wondering the same thing

but maybe there is just something I did not get in his declarations

yog-sothot said:
badgenome said:

Pachtard strikes again.

I was wondering the same thing

but maybe there is just something I did not get in his declarations

The OP explains that. lol