By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - GT5 graphics aren't that impressive

well iRacing is pretty bad ass for sure =P

Around the Network

then you got rFactor which is like zing!

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
sieanr said:
jhuff394 said:
deskpro2k3 said:
sieanr said:

There are several racing sims on PC that are far better simulators then GT5. And I'm not talking about a slightly better physics engine, but a physic engine that simulates the cars frame, the effect of torque on the drive shaft, tyre deformation, ect. GT5 may be the most realistic on consoles (Forza is close if not better), but the most realistic racing sim ever? Not by a long shot.

Ok stop right there. You haven't played the game so please silence yourself. Everything you post is either false evidence to your claims and is irrelevant because you're constantly changing your argument. If you actually played the game I would hold your words to some credibility to your claims. Do you get off by making post like this? lol

I agree.....

secondly... name the simulator that is "far better"...

What argument? You must get off by jumping to premature conclusions. I've hardly presented any sort of argument, outside of noting the severe inconsistency with GT5s graphics. But if you want to discuss actually sim racing physics, then lets go.

iRacing

Rfactor

NK Pro

Gran Prix Legends

LFS

All of these games top GT5 in terms of realism. Now you probably think GT created the sim racing genre (it didn't, not by a long shot), or that its the most realistic sim racer around (its never been anywhere close). And those games I listed are doing plenty of physics simulations that GT5 is not, like tire deformation and heat (this is why GT5 doesn't have cold starts, as it lacks this feature), aerodynamic simulations (not just look up tables ala GT), frame warping, suspension simulation, driver physics so the camera will bob around accurately, tires with dynamic wear, dirt and heatspots, clutch overheating, ect, ect. These are all features GT5 lacks, not to mention a proper form of damage modeling. Oh, and don't even try to bring up GTs laughable rally mode.

EDIT: Oh, and GT5s physics run at 60hz, while rfactor runs at 300hz. Does that count as quantitatively demonstrating GTs short comings?

Feel free to disagree, but there is a reason that those games are used in racing schools and by racing teams while GT5 is gets packed in bundles.

These are nice arguments, and its a great debate... I would truly have to analyze these games you've mentioned, as well as the technology and cpu/gpu power that required... I have not seen these games in-depth, or on a side by side comparison against gt5....

As I've mentioned all I can say is that gt5 replicates real life in a graphic-sense and gameplay-sense the best I've seen, just from what I've seen...... and has most accurate car physics from what I've played...... to be fair though, I need to really check out these pc games before I make further judgments.

eithery way nice debate.

“Absolutely, we can do much more with it. I don’t know if we are even close to 50 percent of PlayStation 3’s power at this point,” said Asmussen about God of War 3.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME???

jhuff394 said:
sieanr said:
jhuff394 said:
deskpro2k3 said:
sieanr said:

There are several racing sims on PC that are far better simulators then GT5. And I'm not talking about a slightly better physics engine, but a physic engine that simulates the cars frame, the effect of torque on the drive shaft, tyre deformation, ect. GT5 may be the most realistic on consoles (Forza is close if not better), but the most realistic racing sim ever? Not by a long shot.

Ok stop right there. You haven't played the game so please silence yourself. Everything you post is either false evidence to your claims and is irrelevant because you're constantly changing your argument. If you actually played the game I would hold your words to some credibility to your claims. Do you get off by making post like this? lol

I agree.....

What argument? You must get off by jumping to premature conclusions. I've hardly presented any sort of argument, outside of noting the severe inconsistency with GT5s graphics. But if you want to discuss actually sim racing physics, then lets go.

iRacing

Rfactor

NK Pro

Gran Prix Legends

LFS

All of these games top GT5 in terms of realism. Now you probably think GT created the sim racing genre (it didn't, not by a long shot), or that its the most realistic sim racer around (its never been anywhere close). And those games I listed are doing plenty of physics simulations that GT5 is not, like tire deformation and heat (this is why GT5 doesn't have cold starts, as it lacks this feature), aerodynamic simulations (not just look up tables ala GT), frame warping, suspension simulation, driver physics so the camera will bob around accurately, tires with dynamic wear, dirt and heatspots, clutch overheating, ect, ect. These are all features GT5 lacks, not to mention a proper form of damage modeling. Oh, and don't even try to bring up GTs laughable rally mode.

EDIT: Oh, and GT5s physics run at 60hz, while rfactor runs at 300hz. Does that count as quantitatively demonstrating GTs short comings?

Feel free to disagree, but there is a reason that those games are used in racing schools and by racing teams while GT5 is gets packed in bundles.

These are nice arguments, and its a great debate... I would truly have to analyze these games you've mentioned, as well as the technology and cpu/gpu power that required... I have not seen these games in-depth, or on a side by side comparison against gt5....

As I've mentioned all I can say is that gt5 replicates real life in a graphic-sense and gameplay-sense the best I've seen, just from what I've seen...... and has most accurate car physics from what I've played...... to be fair though, I need to really check out these pc games before I make further judgments.

eithery way nice debate.

these PC games are more about physics and close to real life driving more than graphics since they've been out awhile already, but there are mods that boost the graphics quiet a bit too, it's PC, always can be modded =). as far as driving goes, the PC games come out on top easily, which is a no shit.

Around the Network
-Newcloud- said:

quick question where is the top gear test track? do you have to get to a certain level or something to unlock it?

It's a special event you have to do, in the GT mode Specials category.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

dahuman said:
jhuff394 said:
sieanr said:
jhuff394 said:
deskpro2k3 said:
sieanr said:

I agree.....

iRacing

Rfactor

NK Pro

Gran Prix Legends

LFS

eithery way nice debate.

these PC games are more about physics and close to real life driving more than graphics since they've been out awhile already, but there are mods that boost the graphics quiet a bit too, it's PC, always can be modded =). as far as driving goes, the PC games come out on top easily, which is a no shit.

Assuming thats your pc in your signature... I will complelely agree with your statements about pc games lol....

“Absolutely, we can do much more with it. I don’t know if we are even close to 50 percent of PlayStation 3’s power at this point,” said Asmussen about God of War 3.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME???

CGI-Quality said:
-Newcloud- said:

the graphics are fine the game looks great in motion and fantastic in the dark/rain... really the only complaint i have is that the game doesnt look like it took 5 years in development

He wasn't working on visuals this whole time. It's really apparent what he's been doing. There's so much content in this game it's not even funny.

I heard GT games were huge so I bought this one day one to see what the big deal is and I have to say, I made the right decision. There is so much content I don't think I'll ever get it done. 3 hours of gameplay and all I have is a few cars and some A spec levels, there is so much to do.

About 2 hours into the game and I think its just fine.  My biggest gripe would be the fact that this game took 5 years?  I know there are tons and tons of content but I will make a guess here and say that 90% of the people out there won't finish 25% of the game.  I would have much rather had less content and better tracks/backgrounds/polish.  The game is superb in most areas but I just can't get over those shitty trees and some of the background/tracks.  I probably wouldn't have noticed the trees as much as I do now if I had not seen some of those screen shots in here.  Now every time I pass one its like I am passing a wreck in real life, its very hard not to look.  Will this make me not want to play the game?  No.  But it does detract from it to a certain degree.  

After playing F3 and this, there isn't a huge difference in either game.  Back grounds are better in F3 and cars are better in GT (slight differences for both).  Other than that they both seem very similar.  I haven't gotten to play much online with GT but I like the fact there are so many cars racing.  Unfortunately the car/wall/bounce is still there from what I can tell.  I wish PD would have at least tried to fix this aspect.

Long story short, I think a lot of people in this thread haven't actually played this game yet.  And are commenting off of their hopes and desires for it.  Its not as bad or good as a lot in here say.  Its a really good racing sim, but it lacks heart.  

8.5  rating from me (for my first 2 hours).

"If you've got them by the balls their hearts and minds will follow."

Quote by- The Imortal John Wayne, the original BADASS!

I'm amazed that the OP hasn't been banned for trolling yet, his attempt at posting "HD captures" from the game is lawl-worthy.  As pointed out by others those pictures must be stretched or manipulated in some way.  Pull up the resolution of the pictures and you will see what I mean, they are not a direct capture, unless the French have some weird TV's that capture images

For example:

http://image.jeuxvideo.com/images/p3/g/r/gran-turismo-5-playstation-3-ps3-447.jpg

1215 x 683 ?  Where do I buy this magical 1215 x 683 television?  my 1080P Samsung does not have this as an available option.

Unicorns ARE real - They are just fat, grey and called Rhinos